PDA

View Full Version : Tac One - ditto and Q's

urbansix
11-17-2004, 07:23 AM
I too just played my first game with my brand new Tac One and LOVE IT. It was www.24hourgames.com 's "Command to Conquer" Toys for Tots 24 event on Dalton GA - Tom Kaye was there (!!!!) playing Dr. Moebius.

I digress.
I am new to AGD markers, so:

1) Where do you go for all the gun-specific aftermarket doodads - forgrip, foregrip extensions, angles, snatch grips, etc , etc.....

2) Angel threads on the feedneck, right? Wanted to be 100% before I order up a CCM one.

3) Cocker threaded barrel - thus - has anyone put a cocker flatline barrel on a Mag? Any reason it wouldn't work? Can you get just the barrel without getting a whole cocker flatline gun?

I'm still giddy over this gun I had so much fun last weekend. Will be parting out my electro soon ;)

Joni
11-17-2004, 09:22 AM
I too just played my first game with my brand new Tac One and LOVE IT. It was www.24hourgames.com 's "Command to Conquer" Toys for Tots 24 event on Dalton GA - Tom Kaye was there (!!!!) playing Dr. Moebius.

I digress.
I am new to AGD markers, so:

1) Where do you go for all the gun-specific aftermarket doodads - forgrip, foregrip extensions, angles, snatch grips, etc , etc.....

2) Angel threads on the feedneck, right? Wanted to be 100% before I order up a CCM one.

3) Cocker threaded barrel - thus - has anyone put a cocker flatline barrel on a Mag? Any reason it wouldn't work? Can you get just the barrel without getting a whole cocker flatline gun?

I'm still giddy over this gun I had so much fun last weekend. Will be parting out my electro soon ;)

For your gadget needs, check out the dealers forum, especially Rouge Factors threads. Angel feedneck is correct.

Creative Mayhem
11-17-2004, 09:30 AM

1) Check out the dealer's forum here on AO, or you can just search for stuff by RogueFactor, he has made just about everything for mags.... :cool:

2) yes, Angel threads. Again, try RogueFactor, and his clamping feedneck.

3) That is an interesting idea... I would have never thought of that! Hmmm now you have me thinking.... :)

RedBeard
11-17-2004, 09:36 AM
I don't believe the cocker flatline would work. The reason being (and I could be completely wrong about this) is that it is not a screw-in barrel. To get the flatline installed, you actually had to send your cocker to Tippmann. They would cut off the front part of the breach where the barrel threads are and put an entirely new piece in place. Also, once the barrel was installed, it's pretty much permanent.

MisterBones25
11-17-2004, 10:57 AM
i pondered that same question when i had my spyder. i think it would work if you got a cocker-tippmann barell adapter, put that on your mag then get a flatline from tippmann, put the flatline adapter on the cocker-tippy adapter, then bolt on the flatline. i dont see why this wouldnt work, but i could be wrong. if you can get it set up post pics.

lew
11-17-2004, 11:08 AM
As Redbeard said, the Cocker Faltline does not use threads; instead, it uses a block that secures the barrel. It would take a lot of modification to fit one to a Mag, and, even then, the performance benefits would be almost zero.

Chronobreak
11-17-2004, 11:57 AM
yes rogue makes alot of excellent stuff for mags etc etc

but lets not forget the other dealers like tunaman,fragtreck,whitewolf,coolhand,..blackvcg

Trina
11-17-2004, 12:05 PM
That was an awesome game!! Were you the one that brought your gun over to Tom when he was with a group of players? I was the blonde hanging out with them. Glad to hear you like your TAC1! The ULT is a must and I also have a Powerlyte barrel system on mine that works great! If you check out some scenario websites you will find a lot of equipment, like sights and night vision that you can mount on your TAC as well. Good luck and hope to see you at another AO event!!

urbansix
11-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks - no I was the one taking the "after" pictures. Page 6 on 24hgvideos http://www.24hgvideos.com/TFT04/tft04pictures/tft04pics6.htm (of course I'm not in any of them)

I did get the ULT trigger and got it working seemingly just right, adding 1 more shim after the first hour of chuffing and shoot-down. It feels great you can really rip! I was wondering if putting a trigger set screw to try to get the STOCK reactive trigger to sweet spot to full-auto (which IS allowed at that field) is worth attempting? I saw the set screw mod article on here and wanted to do it - does it work that way, or does everybody like ULT better?

Kevmaster
11-17-2004, 03:45 PM
I was the blonde hanging out with them.

:cool: