PDA

View Full Version : help with school and barrel

Night$tryker
11-17-2004, 06:11 PM
:wow: ok i have to do some stupid career thing for 11th grade employment class so i was woundering if i could make it fun be doing a 5-8 min presentation on some paintball job. i was thinking about doing mechanical engineering like the guy in the empire 2 loader form but i though there might be something more closly related to paintball. :shooting:

Was also woundering what kind of barrel i should get for my new mag. i was looking at the cp one piece or something in the 50 dollar price range. ;)

SummaryJudgement
11-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Well, there are lots of good barrels on the market. There are the all aluminum versions of higher end barrels (dye, smartparts, lapco, etc.) that will perform well and be in your budget. I recently bought a Phat Stick barrel. It's light as hell, looks pretty good, and performs well.

As for the job thing, yeah you could mention electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, machinist work, etc. But it's a lot broader than that. You could talk about sales, promotional advertising, and even the service side of the biz. I worked at a field for a little over a year, and I can safely say that the job was nearly 50% public relations. And hey, if all you do is clean rental gear, fill tanks, and ref games, then your definately in the service side of things. Don't just think about the more "professional" end of things like engineering and design. There's lots of things that need to be in place for any industry to be successful.

Oh, and if you ever have a science project, paintball can be a great excuse to hang around the field. Do barrel accuracy test, loader comparisons, how environmental influences affect performance of...well anything. So long as you documented variables, conditions, and all that jazz you can come up with a pretty good project. I did an accuracy/precision project of barrel vs. environment conditions vs. movement vs. locked position vs. distance for my physics class back in high school. Of course that was back in 1996, and referring to my marker as a "cocker" over and over in a presentation with a room full of 17 year olds was pretty disrupting.....BONUS! :rofl:

Bulldog
11-17-2004, 07:26 PM
I say do a presentation on the booth babes. Complete with pics.

Barrels....lapco is good in that range, so is CP.

Fallout-
11-17-2004, 08:18 PM
:wow: ok i have to do some stupid career thing for 11th grade employment class so i was woundering if i could make it fun be doing a 5-8 min presentation on some paintball job. i was thinking about doing mechanical engineering like the guy in the empire 2 loader form but i though there might be something more closly related to paintball. :shooting:

Was also woundering what kind of barrel i should get for my new mag. i was looking at the cp one piece or something in the 50 dollar price range. ;)

wierd I had the same project for my 10th class. I did a proshop.
Parana?

Night$tryker
11-18-2004, 08:34 AM
ok i was just looking at this warped sportz barrel that got a really good review i think i will get that for only $54 :dance:

and thanks for the help with the job thing :headbang: