PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on in paintball (ive been gone)

Benfica4ever
11-18-2004, 09:46 PM
Well title pretty much tells it at..so whats been going on? anything new and interesting happen? What is going on with the smart parts patent?

Chronobreak
11-18-2004, 09:50 PM
not sure how long uve been gone

same ol same ol pretty much

sp and wdp now have joint ownership of the patent and i think wdp is fighting for the whole thing

sp lawsuit streak is over.

warthog2t0
11-18-2004, 09:54 PM
sp lawsuit streak is over.

yea really the only good thing
:dance:

FreakBaller12
11-18-2004, 09:55 PM
ptp and deadlywind have the same idea trigger frame(supposedly) and us consumers are sitting here waiting to see what happens next.

Remington
11-18-2004, 09:58 PM
I suppose you could say the new hot topic is rulings on cheating, ramping boards, and rates of fire. :rolleyes: Also, PTP and Deadlywind are currently debating over who has rights to the hAir trigger (or in PTP's, case their variation of it). So, all in all, more crap that could be avoided if people just played for the fun of the game instead of money, but what are you going to do. ;)

ojhspyro89
11-18-2004, 10:02 PM
I suppose you could say the new hot topic is rulings on cheating, ramping boards, and rates of fire. :rolleyes: Also, PTP and Deadlywind are currently debating over who has rights to the hAir trigger (or in PTP's, case their variation of it). So, all in all, more crap that could be avoided if people just played for the fun of the game instead of money, but what are you going to do. ;)

Yeah thats what i dun understand but im playing with a bone stock bko and its not good enuf so i figure im gonna upgrade!

nothing real big has happened lately that i know of.

Fallout-
11-18-2004, 10:05 PM
well, you have missed some prety chessy paintball TV. Watch pb2x saturday mornings at nine!

SSMercury
11-19-2004, 12:55 PM
I suppose you could say the new hot topic is rulings on cheating, ramping boards, and rates of fire.

Those are new topics?

scribe
11-19-2004, 01:41 PM
speaking of ramping...

can somebody tell me what the deal is with it? the controversy...

and um... what is it?

i've never owned an electronic marker.

CaliMagFan
11-19-2004, 02:11 PM
on some ramping or rebound boards this will happen:

you will fire, lets say walk the trigger at 5 bps..... nothing really fast at all...

but then if you increase your ROF the board may modify it so that you're able to fire at 15 BPS... the board takes your signals, slaps it with a multiplier of sorts, and you get inflated bps...

i'm able to walk a marker at about 13 bps consistantly for 20 or so seconds...... i recently shot the new smart (nazi)parts nerve and was easilly outshooting a stock halo B..... so thats gotta be in that 20+ bps range..... i'm quick of finger, but not THAT fast....

i could tell that the marker was giving me more shots per "step" (my new term for each pull while walking the trigger.. lol)

-kyro

slade
11-19-2004, 02:52 PM
well to add what has already been said... ptp is claiming prior art on the pneumatic trigger, so dw may not be able to release it, or they may make an agreement... we're waiting on that... and the NXL has allowed all modes of fire as long as they are under 15 bps. it would probably help out if we knew just how long you have been away... oh yeah, and wecome back!! (even though i dont know you...)

Richter
11-20-2004, 02:09 AM
speaking of ramping...

can somebody tell me what the deal is with it? the controversy...

and um... what is it?

i've never owned an electronic marker.

It is new ways to describe/create "turbo" triggers of the past. They just found new ways of doing it and try to call it something else. If you know what "y mode" is for the angel LCD or what turbo was for the the old shocker; then you what it is. People just try to market it in a new way and try to cheat or try bend the rules.

Along with "ramping" they also have what is call "debounce"; it is also just another way of creating a "turbo effect"

Some people try to justify it in different ways it still all just the same turbo shocker stuff.

master_alexander
11-20-2004, 02:19 AM
and besides that stuff which is pretty much the same thing, you missed all the new marker models from the years you were gone,(supposedly 3/2 based on ur number of posts and join date),all the posts that were made here and are "old". just think of all the fun you could have had here or wherever you are.

don't be :confused:

rock on :headbang: