PDA

View Full Version : some noobie questions

scribe
11-05-2001, 06:41 AM
:confused:

okay...first off...i bought a minimag in november of 1998.

i had some questions that i wanna ask now i guess.

-for all you minimag owners, are all the videos the same? because i swear my video is from like 1990 or something. the guy was talking about revolution hoppers that would soon come out in "1992". um....ok.

-also, the valve he was taking apart wasn't exactly like mine. for instance, i dont believe i have a rubber "foamie" on my bolt. it's like...metal. is this right? or am i supposed to have one???

-i need an anti-siphon tank but can i just buy one? does it have to be fitted to my bottom line so that once the tank is screwed on i can be sure that the hose is pointing upwards? or are there universal ones that are made so that no matter what after i screw it on, the hose will be pointed upwards.

-should i get an inline filter? how come i hear that inline filters can interfere with airflow?

-i need a regulator. (i use co2). i heard a regulator will help the liquid co2 problem. i already have an expansion chamber, but i'd like more protection. i want the palmer's inline stabilizer. is that a good choice? if so what website has one that i can buy?

-i heard that for a nice bore and barrel match, i should be able to put a ball into the barrel, and blow it out the other end. for some reason, i put a proball into my dye 14" ss barrel, but it's hard to push in. once i got it in, i could not blow it out the other end. i had to screw on a tank and shoot it out. is this normal?

-i'd like nitrogen. i really know nothing about it. the whole 4500/3000 and 47/68 shizz. what size should i get? psi and ci. what brand?

okay that's it for now. hope you guys can answer my q's.

Load SM5
11-05-2001, 07:54 AM
-for all you minimag owners, are all the videos the same? because i swear my video is from like 1990 or something. the guy was talking about revolution hoppers that would soon come out in "1992". um....ok.

Yea, it's an oldie. But all the info is still relevant. Tom's working on a new one.

-also, the valve he was taking apart wasn't exactly like mine. for instance, i dont believe i have a rubber "foamie" on my bolt. it's like...metal. is this right? or am i supposed to have one???

Some of the small parts may be different like powertube spacers instead of springs but as I said the main info is still correct. You just have a foamiless bolt instead of the foamie bolt shown. No big deal.

-i need an anti-siphon tank but can i just buy one? does it have to be fitted to my bottom line so that once the tank is screwed on i can be sure that the hose is pointing upwards? or are there universal ones that are made so that no matter what after i screw it on, the hose will be pointed upwards.

There are no universal ones. You'll have to buy a anitsyphon kit and have one installed by an airsmith.

-should i get an inline filter? how come i hear that inline filters can interfere with airflow?

I don't think I would bother with that.

-i need a regulator. (i use co2). i heard a regulator will help the liquid co2 problem. i already have an expansion chamber, but i'd like more protection. i want the palmer's inline stabilizer. is that a good choice? if so what website has one that i can buy?

Palmer's are great but I think with an expansion chamber and an anti-syphon tank you should be ok.

-i heard that for a nice bore and barrel match, i should be able to put a ball into the barrel, and blow it out the other end. for some reason, i put a proball into my dye 14" ss barrel, but it's hard to push in. once i got it in, i could not blow it out the other end. i had to screw on a tank and shoot it out. is this normal?

It may be a little large, try a smaller brand of paint. The paint also might be warped so try more than one ball. If it seems so shoot ok then I would worry about it.

-i'd like nitrogen. i really know nothing about it. the whole 4500/3000 and 47/68 shizz. what size should i get? psi and ci. what brand?

I'll have to get back to you on this one. It'll take a while to answer and I have to go to work. Maybe somebody will get this one before I get home for lunch.

okay that's it for now. hope you guys can answer my q's. [/B][/QUOTE]

Drizit
11-05-2001, 09:25 AM
www.palmer-pursuit.com

but with an anti-syphon and X chamber you should have too much trouble.

as to the nitro I'd say go 4500psi if the field you play at can fill that high. also as to size I'd say 68ci would be about as small as you want to go particularly if you only get a 3000psi. tank. you likely won't need to spend the extra on an adjustable system. if you can get a crossfire you won't do much better then that. otherwise pmi works will. however stay away form 32 degrease crap.

scribe
11-05-2001, 03:21 PM
now i'm thinking about the intelliframe. where are there pictures of ALL the different colors/styles? it seems to me like the trigger guard on the blade trigger ones are flat in the front whereas the ones on the grooved trigger ones slant at a 30 degree angle. i would need it like that if that's how it works because i have a bob long expansion chamber that goes into the vertical ASA and would hit the trigger guard. i think. am i right?