PDA

View Full Version : big problem with valve, please help

ElementEclipse
11-05-2001, 07:33 AM
Hi, i have a huge problem with my micromag valve, and i don't know whats wrong. When i screw my tank in the nitro comes out of the little hole in the back of the valve. I really don't know what is wrong. I tried replacing the o-rings on the on/off and it did nothing, i was hoping someone could help me out on this, otherwise i am gonna have to buy a new valve. Thanks

alf
11-05-2001, 08:04 AM
turn down the velocity....(to the left)...lets see if that helps...mags vent out the back when the velocity is > 340 fps

-alf

Drizit
11-05-2001, 09:04 AM
if that doesn't do it then call AGD and tell them you need a new reg piston. they don't cost too much and it sounds like yours may be done.

ElementEclipse
11-05-2001, 05:51 PM
my friend said it could be the reg seat or possibly a problem with the o-rings in the valve. When i first got it( i bought it used) i couldn't screw in the tank when it was on medium velocity, if i did it would leak like crazy, i would have to bring the velocity all the way down and slowly bring it up after the tank was on, what do you guys think?

Drizit
11-06-2001, 10:26 AM
that's a tough one Eclipse. could be your reg seat, or your piston. I'd say get a parts kit and replace all the soft parts first, then if it still happens replace the piston.

rythm68
11-06-2001, 02:33 PM
ElementEclipse,
my old p/f mag used to do that. My fix for the leak was to remove the internals and do a complete cleaning. Then repack and oil. Sometimes dirt or small particles get caught near the spring pack in the smallest of places and cause a seal break. Try it before you replace all the seals. It could be a simple fix.

ElementEclipse
11-06-2001, 05:12 PM
yeah, i brought it into metal shop today and cleaned it, wow it was filthy, i don't think the kid ever cleaned it or re-placed the o-rings. So i cleaned it andmy friend took it home( he knows about 100 times more then i do about them) so he is gonna get me a parts kit, re-place the o-rings, and he said everything should be fine. He said the original problem was probably that the o-rings were plastic and not rubber. thanks a lot for your help guys, i appreciate it.