PDA

View Full Version : RT Valve Question

Grahammlong
11-19-2004, 06:14 PM
It has been two years since I have gassed up my gun. I tried it tonight and air started shooting out the back where you adjust the velocity (From the hole where you stick the allen wrench in). I took the entire back end apart and reassembled. It now holds pressure, but the trigger will not fire the gun. It feels like there is not enough pressure behind the trigger (if that makes any sense). The only thing I can think of is the actual valve (the brass part where the on/off pin fits). It does not move or spin. Is it supposed to spin around? I really can't remember. Any ideas?
:confused:

MedicDVG
11-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Try a few drops of oil on the on off pin.

Grahammlong
11-20-2004, 06:18 PM
I tried that. Even let the oil sit for a few hours. No change in the problem.
Thank you though.

usmc8892
11-20-2004, 08:12 PM
disassemble and oil everything, the re-assemble. make sure you up the velocity. once i took the velocity adjuster off, and when i put it back, apparently it wasnt turned in far enough, and my gun wouldnt fire either. after i turned it in far enough, it gassed up and shot fine.

Grahammlong
11-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Thank you.... I will try that when I get back from work. Is the on off valve supposed to spin or stay immobile?

Rift
11-22-2004, 11:25 AM
not supposed to spin, also what is your input pressure from the tank?

darrickws
11-22-2004, 11:33 AM
That "actual valve" is the Regulator Piston". When you put it back together you probably didnt screw the velocity adjuster in far enough. Once you do, it will shoot. If it vents out the back again, and you are not shooting over 300 f.p.s., then you need a new regulator piston. Any chance you just installed a level 10? That is usually when the reg piston starts to leak.

Grahammlong
11-22-2004, 03:15 PM
The level 10 was added about 2 years ago. My friend installed it and tested it. I had it working for a few games, but had to go in for surgery. I haven't played since. So the lvl 10 worked with the x-valve for a while.