PDA

View Full Version : Airgun's Business Performance

Hornet2099
11-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Well guys I love my mag but I've been very disappointed with Airgun designs Service.
I work for a local paintball shop in Washington State, and they overcharged the store for my RT ULE custom, I ordered the stock on/off for that gun and they charged us for it but did not ship it, and they over charged me for that as well. I had to call them up and then they sent it, and I went in today and saw that it was the wrong item. I'm not trying to say that Automags or bad because I love mine, but it seems that they're business performance are something to be desired. I just wanted to know if it was just me, or if it's like this all over the place and I shouldn't feel as bad. Let me know guys.

Muzikman
11-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Well, let's just say, AGD has easily the top 5 customer service in the industy. If you work at a shop, you should know this. Try getting help from most other companies out there.

Every company screws up once in a while.

Chronobreak
11-19-2004, 07:20 PM
agd makes mistakes like us all.

when they do they fix it and do what they can to rectifiy the situation

if they wouldnt ahve fixed it i would see your argument but they fixed it and all is well now correct?

and customer service and business ethics are two diff things.

WARPED1
11-19-2004, 07:48 PM
AGD has always had exemplary good customer service. Don't let one bad apple spoil the pie.

Hornet2099
11-19-2004, 07:51 PM
Bad use of words, my mistake. And of course mistakes are made and I can totally understand that. no one is perfect and the best thing to do is to rectify the situation. But to have mistakes on everything that I have personally ordered from them, then I tend to wonder. I guess what kinda confuses me is that being one of the few around here who own a mag, it's not sending the greatest message. I tell people that automags are great when i go out to the field and everyone loves it. I'm trying to get more people out here to buy mags. The only problem that has not been resolved is the wrong part that they sent, due to the fact that it was too late in the day to call them. Don't nail me to the cross or anything, just stating what I have noticed.

TheDuelist
11-19-2004, 08:39 PM
History tells us that this is an isolated incident. AGD has a record of offering the public top notch customer service to its customers. It is unfortunate that these things happen but do not judge them as a whole for this incident. The one thing this world is losing more and more of is patience. I'm confident the mistake will be taken care of and ultimately you will be a satisfied customer.

warbeak2099
11-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Yes, AGD is known for its great customer service. If it's getting to be upsetting, I'm usre they could explain/work something out with you if you call them and inquire about your difficulties. Exactly how many times has it happened? The only customer service even close to AGD's I've experienced is AIC's (Qloader) and Tippmann's. But yeah, call em up and ask what's going on.

Hornet2099
11-19-2004, 09:03 PM
See here's the thing, I'm not trying to discredit AGD. I just wanted to know whether this was just an unfortunate string of events, or if other people experience the same thing on a regular basis. I think alot of people are thinking that I'm anti AGD, but I'm not. As far as the patience thing goes, I'm patient, but when people say something will be in, I expect it to be in. The reason why I started this thread is to just ask and see if my experiences we're just freak occurences. Thanks alot guys

WARPED1
11-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Well, you can't come to an Automags Owners group and expect to get unbiased answers!

magking1971
11-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Warning thread derail!
Where in WA state are you?
Ok back on subject,
I have had nothing but excellant service from AGD, Sometimes mad marcia gets a little testy but I would to dealing with people all day on the phone. ;)

Hornet2099
11-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Heh yeah, well after hearing from other people, which i have, I guess that it's just one of those things that happens every once in awhile. I'm in the Tacoma area, and there's only one other guy around here that I know of that plays with a mag.

Deathshadow9k
11-19-2004, 11:18 PM
i'm up in lynnwood and play with one....and work at a store, yur not that lonely

Glickman
11-19-2004, 11:34 PM
once again... a paintball store overcharging for a gun????

nahh..... :rolleyes:

agd is easly top 5 in service..

and numero uno in coolness :clap:

Pickle
11-19-2004, 11:42 PM
Didn't own one at the time and I really wanted the ULE. Unfortunately the bodies only came in a few basic colors so I waited. Well, then they came out with this beautiful, aphrodity-like green. I fell instantly in love with what I saw on my computer's monitor. However, I asked myself, "Does the green really look like that? Is is just my monitor? Is it a crummy picture?" So I called up AGD and got a hold of John Comprado. He took a full five minutes on the phone with me trying to find a pic but couldn't find a good one. So he got in touch with their advertising guy who sent him a pic and then John sent me one. Customer service is big with me and John and AGD scored big time. I now own two mags and am looking for a third.

So to answer your question, it seems as though it was a fluke.

Army
11-20-2004, 06:38 AM
Before you posted here, you should have waited until AGD was able to fully correct the situation, or compensate you for your troubles. You said that it was too late to call them. Well, the next day would have cleared up all problems with a quick phone call.

As for overcharging, AGD (and nearly any other company) usually cannot help that, as they have to cover their shipping costs as charged by the shipping company.

Come back here and tell us how AGD fixed this problem, so we can say "told you so!":)

bryceeden
11-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Everyone messes up sometimes. AGD overcharged my shop for a ULE custom and after 2 min on the phone had credited my account, talk to them they'll fix it fast.

Hornet2099
11-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Well for the first one they did credit my account back, but it wasn't immediate, took them about a week before the ammount was taken care of. Once again I will say this, it must just be a fluky deal that happened with me and I was just curious as to if it was a freak occurance or if it was like this all over. I call a spade, a spade. Besides, you think that I would start a thread at AO without having any concern?? lol Maybe they don't like the shop I work at :) hehehe but i cannot help that either.

thanks guys

peewee
11-20-2004, 07:48 PM
Hey!!! there are a few Mag owners in the Spokane area. Went to a big game this last year & can honestly say that there was at least 10 mags on the field that day. ( I started out with a cocker then swapped out for the mag) there was about 90 people playing. WA is representing :cool:

Hornet2099
11-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Right on, I wish there were sonme more around here. Actually today when I went to work at the field, a guy had just come back from Iraq, and he had three mags with him, classic, e mag, and xmag. So that brightened my day. Want to know if there are more mag people int he seattle tacoma area.

TERRY AGD
11-20-2004, 11:48 PM
tell me what part you was needing ..ill send it 2 u if i got it...and if joann has not got you took care of yet...

SCpoloRicker
11-21-2004, 12:12 AM
^^ holy first post Batman!!

me scared...

/in seriousness, I'm sure AGD will take care of it. Mmmm... AGD factory tune-up...

Deathshadow9k
11-21-2004, 02:18 AM
i hear alot of the magowners play at westside, i've been meanin to check it out recently as well as head down to the ft. lewis field cuz it is supposed to be the dopeness with several mag owners to boot :)

Hornet2099
11-21-2004, 09:57 PM
You should stop by the field on the 27th, having out big D-day game, axis and allies i believe they call it. Last year we had around 200 people, and it was a 5 hour game. It's really simple to get on base, just need license, registration, and current insurance.

Pullman
11-22-2004, 12:03 AM
My buddy from Oregon turned me onto mags (and paintball in general). My first marker was a .68 classic and now most of my buddies play with them almost exclusively (when your hoity toity electro goes down the mag just keeps working). We're all in Pullman, but I went over to Snohomish for a little AO thingy and STP has mags as their rental markers. I've never had any service issues with AGD either. :D

Deathshadow9k
11-22-2004, 04:08 AM
yeah the STP rental mags got me into the mag i bought, and i would go down to the D-day game but i gotta work on saturdays usually unless i schedule it in advance. (problem with workin at an army surplus store). but i do have alot of customers that want me to go to it.