PDA

View Full Version : YGirp question.

Fallout-
11-19-2004, 08:53 PM
So im guessing the y grip helps you shoot faster or make your gun more stable or has something other than cool looks.
Is there anything that is definitly better then a normal 45 or do you have to try it and see if it works for you?

WARPED1
11-19-2004, 09:00 PM
It helps your mag blend up margaritas better, just add salt![/sarcasm]

Shorty
11-19-2004, 09:38 PM
So im guessing the y grip helps you shoot faster or make your gun more stable or has something other than cool looks.
Is there anything that is definitly better then a normal 45 or do you have to try it and see if it works for you?

It puts your wrist at a more comfortable angle. Ever notice how much you have to bend your wrist to shoot a gun with a .45 frame?

It could possibly allow you to shoot faster if you think it's more comfortable, but yes, you should probably try one first to see if it's for you.

slade
11-19-2004, 09:38 PM
It helps your mag blend up margaritas better, just add salt![/sarcasm]
seems like an angel feature to me.

the advantage of the y-grip is mainly ergonomic, it is just an alternative to the standard 45 that may be more comfortable, depending on how you hold your marker. i like mine, but actually think the best grip would be a vert frame, like RPG's. I sort of wish i researched more before buying, and got a vert frame instead of my y.

ColdFuzion
11-19-2004, 10:24 PM
Y-Grips really do take a load off of your wrists. I got my mag today, and have been comparing it to my bro's Spyder that has a .45, and the Y feels like a dream, even with my uber-heavy aluminium N2 tank and a hopper full of paint. :)

kevdupuis
11-19-2004, 10:40 PM
It depends on how you hold your marker, I like mine in tight and the Y keeps my wrist straighter. But it really is personal preference.

trains are bad
11-20-2004, 12:18 AM
I love mine. The Ygrip is the only reason I don't shoot a Shocker.