PDA

View Full Version : stops shooting-push bolt-fine?

AGMICROMAG
11-19-2004, 11:22 PM
micromag w/x valve and ult trigger

can shoot a 20 or so ball stream and then the trigger goes all the way back and nothing, i use a squeegee to push the bolt in and it clicks and i can shoot again but not for long before i have to do it again, also happens if i wait along time between shots. i run 1000psi to the valve if this makes a diff, but it will do it with 850 at the valve as well. i heard that the frame screws tightness can cause this but what else should i check into.

Thunder Bunny
11-20-2004, 08:02 AM
I have an AGD video with TK and he says it is either the bolt spring or the power tube spring.
This is an old video, 1992, so it may not apply to LX.

autockr01
11-21-2004, 05:53 AM
Try putting more shims in your ULT. I had the same problem. I have a ULT on my classic valve and it has 15 shims but is still not perfect. I first installed the ULT with like 5 shims, but it was horrible, the gun would not recock (the same problem you are having). But as i increased the number of shims toward 15, the problem got progressively better. I know that not as many shims are necessary for x valves, but it kinda gives you an idea.

athomas
11-22-2004, 11:56 AM
You are getting bolt stick of some sort. First check your carrier setup in the powertube. Use the largest one that does not leak. Do this without any shims in the powertube. You should be able to get the gun to function without bolt stick and not have to use any shims at all. You can add shims later if you want to fine tune your gun, although its not realy needed. If you still get sticking after the carrier is properly sized, then check the operation of your ULT.

personman
11-22-2004, 05:21 PM
I would say its a shim issue. Try adding shims until its working right.

CaliMagFan
11-23-2004, 02:33 PM
i think you should tighten your field strip screw the next time it stops shooting... do so with an allen wrench until you hear teh bolt click into place.... you should be good to go after that... link in my sig....check it

-kyro