PDA

View Full Version : Indoor field with good lighting?

tony3
11-19-2004, 11:23 PM
It seems like no indoor field can accomplish something I like to call, good lighting. The 3 I've been to in the chicago land area have horrible lighting. I would like to be able to keep my smoke lenses in my mask and play, but if I do that, I can't even see where my paint is going. Why can't a field have good lighting! It is killing me inside.

/Rant

FireITup14
11-19-2004, 11:31 PM
I hate the indoor feilds lighting we have here. Its absolutely horrible. it takes 30 minutes for ur eyes to adjust then when you go outside you go blind :cry:

RedWeenie
11-19-2004, 11:42 PM
Just consider your selfs lucky to have an indoor field, we have to play outside when its freezing and snowing out...

Rather
11-19-2004, 11:43 PM
Its not great but hey at least there is light. and try heading to texas to my field, if that still doen't make you happy veer away from indoor then. :p

Flow_Tech
11-20-2004, 12:05 AM
atleast you have an indoor field :(

WenULiVeUdiE
11-20-2004, 12:05 AM
Around me, Hustlers and PBX have the best lighting. PBX used to be a clothing store I beleive so the lights are at the perfect spot, and they dont restrict your " ball lobbing ability". But have been to some in which the lighting is very very high up and makes t very hard to see.

jayloo
11-20-2004, 12:33 AM
There are 4 local indoor fields in the chicagoland area.

1. Country Club Paintball - Lighting is better than it was but is still too dark for decent photos. The owner George is terrific.
2. Factory Paintball - BRIGHT, excelent lighting. The owners James and Dennis are great people. and are very accomodating. This place is new and seems to address all the major flaws of an indoor fiels. BTW, they have 3 indoor fields in their building. A 3, 5, & 7 mand field to suit all needs. Personally I and other Jayloo.com staff will be there a lot for photos and videos.
3. Tri-City - I have not personally been there but I heard the lighting sucks.
4. I cant remember the name but I heard the lighting sucks there too.

BD_Paintball
11-20-2004, 12:51 AM
like jayloo said the factory is bright. they have great lights and there fields are cool to. me and my bro play there alot and our friends work there so we also hang out there. check it out i bet you will like the place

FallNAngel
11-20-2004, 01:43 AM

Probably PBShooters.

jayloo
11-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Probably PBShooters.

Ahh, thanks. This winter Il get to the other 2 and play.

Gambit1106
11-20-2004, 10:04 AM
I'll be up at PBshooters on the Friday after Thanksgiving if anyone is interested, its BYOP day

tony3
11-20-2004, 10:11 AM
I might possibly go, it'll be packed though. Pbshooter lighting is better then ccp, but just barely. I can't wait to try out factory this winter. Tri city lighting is horrid.

jayloo
11-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Factory Paintball is the spot. It is a must for indoor PB in the north Chicagoland area. I gotta go back real soon.

MonsterMag
11-20-2004, 11:27 AM
What lights does your field use? Most are floriesent right?

Gambit1106
11-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Factory Paintball is the spot. It is a must for indoor PB in the north Chicagoland area. I gotta go back real soon.

Do they have a web site? I am thinking of trying to make it up there soon too. If you head up let me know jayloo, mabey I'll meet you up there.

Darren

HeadHunter59
11-20-2004, 03:31 PM
If yo uhave Vforece you should get the amber(yellow lens) to use in your low light situations

nato
11-20-2004, 03:37 PM
I personally dont see why owners dont have skylights... if it doesnt cost too much they can get free lighting thats just as good as being outside.

N.A.T.O.

BD_Paintball
11-20-2004, 03:48 PM
gambit1106 here is the website to factory pb.
http://www.factorypb.com/

its a new site so they dont have very many things up yet, but it has all the info you need to find things.

at jayloo's website there is a vid from the factory at the small 3 man field, go there and look for vids and find the factory vid, it shows how the lighting is.

BD_Paintball

Battlewear
11-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Hey Guys

Sorry to hear you have some fields that are not great... I will try and post some pictures of our local field here on Monday.. They are having a tourney there tomorrow and we are going tonight to get a preview of the field and will be taking pictures..

The thing about this field is that they do have good lighting when they need/want to, I think during normal operation a smoke lens may not work, but I have no doubt in the tourny it would..

The building was custom built to be an indoor paintball field.. Absolutely amazing place!!

There is another indoor field here on an old military base, but I can not comment on them because to be honest, never played there, never had a reason to, but we are going to check it out in a few weeks, they are having another tourny there on Dec 5 or 6th..

Oh and just because I am sure some one will ask, the places are in Edmonton, Alberta.. Cold as hell in the winter (8 months of the year or there abouts LOL J/K, only like 6 months for indoor play)..

Titansu
11-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Do they have a web site? I am thinking of trying to make it up there soon too. If you head up let me know jayloo, mabey I'll meet you up there.

I got a 2 for 1 postcard in the mail... LMK when you wanna head up there.

Did you guys ever get more than 2-3 people to get an "official" IL-AO day going?

tony3
11-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Snyper and I are still working on it. It is either factory or pbshooters. I'm waiting for Chad the owner of pbshooters to call me back if he can give us better prices like factory did.

Wc Keep
11-20-2004, 04:58 PM
the reason that indoor fields do not have good lighting is that the netting has to go underneath the lighting. the netting is double layered so it causes less light to go through. pbx and hustlers did a good job with their lights, and rexplex did an ok job.

RenagadeOfFunk
11-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Pb shooters has good lighting...the problem is that its only in the waiting areas and the front desk...

... :rolleyes:

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-20-2004, 05:29 PM
There are 4 local indoor fields in the chicagoland area.

1. Country Club Paintball - Lighting is better than it was but is still too dark for decent photos. The owner George is terrific.
2. Factory Paintball - BRIGHT, excelent lighting. The owners James and Dennis are great people. and are very accomodating. This place is new and seems to address all the major flaws of an indoor fiels. BTW, they have 3 indoor fields in their building. A 3, 5, & 7 mand field to suit all needs. Personally I and other Jayloo.com staff will be there a lot for photos and videos.
3. Tri-City - I have not personally been there but I heard the lighting sucks.

There is also one in Safari Land

and another opening up in Darien.

Fallout-
11-20-2004, 07:12 PM
ha my indorr field used to be a huge jewlry store!
Can see every thing perfect.

Snap Shooter
11-20-2004, 11:26 PM
The perfect indoor field... if your in the Cleveland area...

http://transcendpaintball.com/

jayloo
11-21-2004, 12:16 AM
There is also one in Safari Land

and another opening up in Darien.

Where is Safari Land?

Gambit1106
11-21-2004, 09:08 AM
Where is Safari Land?

Safari land
623 West North Ave
Villa Park, Illinois 60181