PDA

View Full Version : classic emag?

phelix
11-20-2004, 02:56 AM
has anyone ever built a classic-valved emag? it seems like a curious (and money-saving, hehe) thing to do, and i'm interested in how well, if at all, it works.

personman
11-20-2004, 12:45 PM
I think it's been done before.
You probably just have to mess with the on/off, maybe replace it with an RT on/off..
I doubt it would work that well, but I guess it might be desirable if you could only get co2..

Muzikman
11-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Back years ago AGD was doing emag conversions. You sent them any mag (classic or not) and they gave you back an Emag. Basically the only thing that was original when you got the gun back was the valve. So, that being said, and emag with a classic valve will work and work well. Your only issue is you get drop off around 13bps.

To be honest. You will not save a penny using a classic valve. It's cheaper to just buy a used emag then try and build your own. The board alone is like $200.

athomas
11-22-2004, 11:43 AM
I find that the classic valve gives better consistency than the retro valve, although the classic is limited in bps. You can get 12 - 16 bps out of a classic valve before shootdown. You do need the emag on-off assembly. The standard on-off won't work at all. The solenoid will not push it in while pressurized.