PDA

View Full Version : Looking at buying a Mag-need suggestions

Boski51
11-20-2004, 01:50 PM
I am an old school PB'r that has owned every kind of marker except a Mag. I am looking at get either the RT ULE PRO CUSTOM or the TAC ONE.

I am looking for suggested set ups for either marker. I mainly play rec ball and some air ball now. NO TOURNYs ANYMORE! THANK GOD!!!!!! (Diffent topic all together)

What do you guys like of the two and how do you set them up.

They seem the same components, do they perform different? What about accuracy? How do they rate to a Angel, Phantom or a Cocker-please be honest and I know all about paint matching. I am thinking about the function of the Mag setup vs. the others set ups and how they affect accuracy (close bolt and open bolt kind of thing)

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

MonsterMag
11-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Mags are great markers , They tend to be gas hoggs thought. They are very accurate with a nice barrel. As for comparasion to angels and cockers , they are alot eayser to take care of. Bacisally eveything that shootd the ball is the valve , which is held by one field strip screw. Mags are very nice , angels and some cockers are faster , only bacuase they are electronic ;)

Overall with the ult kit and x valve your trigger pull it be very nice, and fast :cheers:

slade
11-20-2004, 02:51 PM
the best mech mag setup i can think of:

x valve
karta body (pm nicad) or a ule body, if you dont want to spend the cash for looks
RPG splinter rail - click for link (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=157903&highlight=rpg+splinter+rail) . get the combo package to get the sear and pin
frame - essentially preferance. you can go with a 45 intelli, the more ergonomic y-grip, but personally id go with an RPG vert frame - look in the dealers section
ULT - pm a dealer or go to the AGD online store
foregrip adapter - look in the dealers section for a 15*, or for a standard one go to the AGD online store
foregrip - id go with a dye gas-thru. just personal preferance.
then you need standard stuff, like an asa, barrel, tank and hopper.
did i forget anything?

you could probably PM rogue to get everything you want, pre-assembled, or if you dont want any if his products you can PM fragtek, another AO dealer, or go to www.whitewolfairsmithing.com or the AGD store to get a pre-assembled mag.

as far as performance, i love mine. the only thing i dont like about it is that its not walkable.

accuracy is in the barrel and paintballs, so i think you are refering to consistancy. i get about plus or minus 3 over the chrono. closed bolt and open bolt really dont affect accuracy.

mobius
11-20-2004, 03:06 PM
To answer one of your initial questions, the only difference between the Tac One and the RT ULE is the body. The valve (X-valve) is the same. They both take Cocker threaded barrels, angel ball detents and Angel feednecks. They will perform the same. Obviously, the Tac One body design (with it's integrated acessory mounts) is geared toward the scenario players, who often like to outfit their guns with scopes, night vision, etc.

The Karta body is purely aesthetic, when compared with a ULE body. Same with the Rogue splinter rail. They are all parts of the highest quality, but nothing more than dress up. If you like the cool looks like I do, go for the cooler looking parts. If you want a killer Mag on a budget, buy an RT ULE.

Get the ULT trigger kit. It replaces the on/off assembly, lightening the trigger pull considerably.

Also, you can buy your RT from many onf the online dealers availble through our dealers forums. They are reputable guys, and can usually get you better prices than the AGD store. They can also outfit the gun with any aftermarket parts they offer.

All in all, a Mag would be an excellent choice. I love mine. I've been using mags since the late 90's and haven't looked back.

Boski51
11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the advise. I looked at White wolfs stuff...those Karta bodies are sweet! What does the splinter rails do?

Thanks for the input!

slade
11-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the advise. I looked at White wolfs stuff...those Karta bodies are sweet! What does the splinter rails do?

Thanks for the input!
lighter, looks cooler, and has a sliding foregrip slot. but if you are getting a karta, you should get a deadlywind rail milled along with it instead of the splinter rail.

Boski51
11-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Next question;

What kind of air system would you suggest. Pre set, Adj, high pressure, low, 3K, 4.5K and how big a tank. I understand that Mags can use air. I play mostly rec now, so not a huge deal.

What has worked for you guys.

THX

Stealthgerbil
11-20-2004, 07:22 PM
adjustable 68/4500, because you can get more bounce when you turn up the pressure.

slade
11-20-2004, 07:31 PM
adjustable 68/4500, because you can get more bounce when you turn up the pressure.
agreed. maybe a dynaflow.

peewee
11-20-2004, 08:07 PM
Old school baller here also...

Honest opinion on the markers you listed:

Angel faster more air efficient about the same accuracy. Didnt like the whole battery deal.

Phantom Look at my sig. Cant beat it in woods ball. But flat out unless you play out of your mind when playing speedball you are gonna get slober knockerd your fair share & then some.

Been a long time off & on again cocker owner. In my honest opinion the mag is the better gun for me. I can shoot cockers as well as the next guy, better than most but got PO'ed at the wierd little "cocker" things that would happen. The lsat time I played with my cocker I took a hit on the front blck that popped a hose . Really sucked.

I got a ULE & love it & I have a phantom, there are several players here & at the PHOG site that run mags & phantoms.
:headbang:

Boski51
11-21-2004, 12:01 AM
You guys ROCK!

I'll post a pic of what I finally get.

Boski51