PDA

View Full Version : anyone manic depresant?

dirty_canadian4894
11-20-2004, 05:22 PM
cause i think i am and so do my parents and i think ive been like this for 2-3 years so im going to a shrink next week

SpecialBlend2786
11-21-2004, 04:58 AM
friend of mine is. Catch me on AIM if you want, or send an email.

manike
11-21-2004, 01:23 PM
cause i think i am and so do my parents and i think ive been like this for 2-3 years so im going to a shrink next week

Good decision to get help. It's not an easy thing to go through and most people find it very difficult to understand.

I have no answers but recognising it and making the decision to get help is a good start.

Help and support from your family is also an awesome thing.

Good luck.

JrnyFan1985
11-22-2004, 02:12 AM
no.

tropical_fishy
11-22-2004, 02:38 AM
I can help you out if you need anything.

Deep Sixx
11-22-2004, 12:13 PM
My wife suffers from depression and SAD (Seasonal Affected Disorder). It's not a fun thing for either of us to deal with. Get help, talk to someone, search the internet for information. Don't keep it to yourself or think it will just go away. Don't let people tell you "cheer up". You can't help feeling the way you do... you're brain isn't working properly. It's not your fault. Most importantly: YOU SHOULD NOT BE EMBARASSED. This was the hardest thing for my wife to get over, she thought people would think less of her, or think she was weak. It is a disease, just like any other and it can be treated and you can recover. Nobody would make fun of you if you had the flu, so they shouldn't make fun of you for being depressed.

Get help. PM me if you want and I can put you in touch with my wife if you'd like to talk to her or ask her some questions.

sixx

AngelBoy
11-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Hey man. Ive been dealing with it for over 4 years. Its tough, I know it is. It does get better though, Im much happier after getting help. PM me if u need to talk, it does help.

Gtask8
11-23-2004, 03:14 PM
OK, I feel retarded for this one, but, What exactley is Manic Depressant!? :confused:

manike
11-23-2004, 03:24 PM
OK, I feel retarded for this one, but, What exactley is Manic Depressant!? :confused:

It's what happens when I turn up and ruin the party atmosphere...

It's actually very serious imbalance of chemicals in the brain, which can lead you to have depressing feelings and even go so far as suicide. It's a very serious issue, and not one to take lightly.

Apparently it's more common in intelligent people for some reason. :confused:

RiddalinJunkie08
11-23-2004, 06:26 PM
It's what happens when I turn up and ruin the party atmosphere...

It's actually very serious imbalance of chemicals in the brain, which can lead you to have depressing feelings and even go so far as suicide. It's a very serious issue, and not one to take lightly.

Isn't it where you have very intense mood swings. Like you can be very happy and on top of the world one day and then be so depressed that you can try to committ suicide? :confused:
-Mark

Jonneh
11-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Cheer up you whiny jerk!

SCpoloRicker
11-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Non-scientific explanation, but maybe a little closer.

Being manic-depressive, as the name implies,usually has two characteristic moods/states/situations.

Manic stages are usually shorter (often much), you feel "connected" "on top" "time-dilation," if you wish". Often, intelligent/artisitic people will operate creatively much better in this state. Sometimes, an artist can only work in the manic state.

The depressive state is like most types of depression. It usuallt will last much longer than the manic state, but will be less intense in terms of symptoms.

Glad to hear you're going to talk to some pros. Also glad to see some positive mature responses here.

GL