PDA

View Full Version : Recommended paint (bring your own paint)

Glickman
11-20-2004, 06:22 PM
ive never used anything at my local fields besides their field paint, but now they have byop, and im clueless what to use :rolleyes:

i did like midnight a little, and blaze is nearly as much as the field paint.

any suggestions?

looking to spend atmost 60 per case (as we are ordering a bunch)

i shoot a shockey and my friend shoots an impy ... its a whole big happy sp family! :p

triten
11-20-2004, 06:28 PM
i must say for the price

x-ball bronze paint is awsome.... $40-50 a case... must say extremely good stuff for the price...

i definately suggest you check it out...

P8NTBALLER590
11-20-2004, 06:29 PM
ive got worrpaint perfection for $60 a case. go to www.demolitionpaintball.com who knows maybe the owner will cut you a deal if you buy alot. look into it. all the paint is under the "paintball" link on the left hand side :)

matmc89
11-20-2004, 06:33 PM
evil

Skywalker
11-20-2004, 06:55 PM
marblelizer

Titansu
11-20-2004, 07:01 PM
I always try go get Diablo Heat from pbdeals (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=pbdeals4u&iid=7109979029&frm=284) on Ebay. I try to get it around $35/case shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16049&item=7109979029

It's excellent quality. He ships super fast and I've never gotten a broken ball... the reason I've bought 12 cases so far.

tony3
11-20-2004, 07:24 PM
Personally, stay away from RPS paints, go with diablo/draxxus stuff, much better paint in my experiences.

slade
11-20-2004, 07:43 PM
Marbilizers are the best paint ive ever seen. perfectly round, and almost seamless. premium is good too, but ive found out that evil is a bit better and will age better than just about any rps paint. make sure you check the paint before you buy it, not only to see if there is broken paint but to see how old it is. i have not had much experience with draxxus paint, but what i have had wasnt good. i used their field paint once and almost every shot broke, as in my friend bunkered me and i was ready for him, we each shot 5-8 rounds, and only 1 broke. there were just clouds of paint coming out of our barrels. but i think that was because field paint almost always sucks, and the paint was also fairly old. i used their field paint a while later and it didnt break in the barrel, but it still was very low quality. i used some of their other paint too, i cant remember what it was called, but it was 60/case and comparable to PMI premium (about 50/case).

lew
11-20-2004, 08:30 PM
I prefer to use Marballizer. I'm willing to say they are the most consistently round paintballs. Evil is my second choice should Marballizer not be available. I've never had a problem with either of these paints and I'm quite content using them. That's not the case with other brands. I get kind of edgy.

saml604
11-20-2004, 08:40 PM
I've always had great experiences with everything from rps. I've never gotten a bag with a broken ball, and they have nearly no dimples. Most have medium bore, so they will fit most common barrels fine. You can find premium and bigball for not much over 40, which is very good paint for the price, or evil for about 50.

tony3
11-20-2004, 09:58 PM
BTW, they don't sell Big Ball anymore, it is now called Menace. It is like 5 bucks more aswell. We shoot that stuff for team practice since we get it for cheap, but it is really crappy, there definitely better options in the 30-45 dollar paint range.

LeatherPants
11-20-2004, 10:01 PM
ZAP paint.

RPS fill is too thin and Marbs don't break all the time. Yes they shoot straight but doesn't matter if it doesn't break.

Go with ZAP Primer white fill if you want a cheap paint that markes VERY well.

Chronic is really thick and breaks but if you are spending $60 a case look for Ultimate Chronic. Very Brittle and thick fill that you can't wipe.

Also Hellfire is great too.

rkjunior303
11-20-2004, 10:05 PM
I've always been a fan of Blaze... Evil/Mid-Evil as well.. Midevil is the same paint as Evil but the shell is just a bit thicker... I like it, it hasn't let me down.

LeatherPants
11-20-2004, 10:08 PM
I'd have to disagree with Mid Evil. I went through 10 cases of it and had nothing but problems. The stuff would not shoot straight and I would get random breaks.

RPS in general has really gone down hill. Even EVIL is not as thick as it used to be. When EVIL was clear shelled with colored fill that was the high point. Since RPS has changed shells and fills in their entire line it's just be sad.

Rallog
11-20-2004, 10:34 PM
I'll throw a vote in for marbalizers. Only on a rare occassion or really long balling is when they don't break. They fly really good and are pretty much all perfectly round....

edit: just wanted to add, if you go with evils, make sure they're fresh... otherwise you can shoot them at a guy, he can pick them up shoot them at you, and then you can pick them up again and shoot back....

phelix
11-20-2004, 10:39 PM
I always try go get Diablo Heat from pbdeals (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=pbdeals4u&iid=7109979029&frm=284) on Ebay. I try to get it around $35/case shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16049&item=7109979029

It's excellent quality. He ships super fast and I've never gotten a broken ball... the reason I've bought 12 cases so far.

how good is the paint? if you had to compare it to an rps paint, which level would it be on? menace, premium or marbs?

RedWeenie
11-20-2004, 11:05 PM
Walmart... Cheap paint is good paint... :D

Enemy
11-20-2004, 11:05 PM
im all for rps.. love my marbs and evil!! ive also shot the spectrum of paint and if its cheap you want then GAP or one of the diablo paints pretty good.. had problems with tippmans new paint and never tried wgps. i used chronic of coarse it was ultimate and it worked great but with age the paint became more and more brittle to the point where it did start to cause problems. right now we are running a sponsership from gap so thats what i shoot and ive had better but it works!

Smoke
11-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Go with ZAP Primer white fill if you want a cheap paint that markes VERY well.

Chronic is really thick and breaks but if you are spending $60 a case look for Ultimate Chronic. Very Brittle and thick fill that you can't wipe.

That crap stains if you don't get it out quick.

*looks at permanent stains on his Empire pants*

frop
11-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Last I checked, Evil is PMI is RPS, one big happy family. I'd have a lot better things to say about RPS, but the only truly fresh paint i've used from them was a bag of Premium, so really, my experience isn't a good indicator. Even with that, I still like midevil & premium. I've found that Blaze ages rather poorly & even on a just opened bag sometimes likes to bounce a lot (on a speedball field, no longballing there), plus it's tiny. If you use it fast & get it fresh & cheap it'll work fine with a small barrel. Whatever you get, make sure it's fresh.

LeatherPants
11-20-2004, 11:28 PM
That crap stains if you don't get it out quick.

*looks at permanent stains on his Empire pants*

EXACTLY! Actually the Orange isn't as bad and Pink is no longer made.

Deathshadow9k
11-21-2004, 03:34 AM
depends where you live at also, up here in washington (yes it rains all the freakin time) rps seems to work better cuz of the dustier shell rather than the gloss coat that draxxus and severe has, thus i shoot premiums, marbs, evil and the such

JKR
11-21-2004, 07:22 AM
I have been a little put off by RPS products lately due to the fact that their bags suck. Not only to they come apart, but the bags actually have little holes manufactured in them. Yeah, that helps keep piant fresh! :tard: What are they thinking? Seems like RPS has definitely gone downhill since PMI took over.

frontrunner
11-21-2004, 08:06 AM
i shoot fuege its runs adout 50 and its good stuff but i thinik its only in a few places so it might not be an option for you

tony3
11-21-2004, 09:32 AM
how good is the paint? if you had to compare it to an rps paint, which level would it be on? menace, premium or marbs?

It is very good paint, the local indoor field sells it during byop days, I have a bag up in my room right now actually, the stuff works awesome.

Chronobreak
11-21-2004, 10:13 AM
pro choice/nitro duck

i like it alot and its preety cheap around here.

Titansu
11-21-2004, 11:46 AM
how good is the paint? if you had to compare it to an rps paint, which level would it be on? menace, premium or marbs? I haven't used RPS or the others in a long time. Because I get Diablo Heat and Draxus Recball for $35 shipped/case, I really haven't used anything else. At Shatnerball I used Zap Primer... mainly because Centerflag was selling it, but also because the PMI guys left thier truck in the 80*-90* weather for 3 straight days. Primer was pretty good, but as noted above w/ Chronic - leaves nasty stains.

I would compare Heat/Recball to Blaze. I like the glossy smooth shells, rather than the matte rough PMI shells.

Walmart... Cheap paint is good paint... Man, I don't even want to know the shelf life of that crap.

G-Rock
11-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Draxxus Competitive Edge (white box)!!!

Should be able to find it for around $30 a case. And we went through 15 cases yesterday at practice, and I didn't have one break in my shocker. And all the guys loved it!!

Infact, we are planing to use it in tournaments next year!!

chris geiger

LittlePaintballBoy
11-21-2004, 12:35 PM
GAP paint. AWESOME when it's freash, and god, it smells! APPLE SCENTED PAINT IS THE BEST INVENTION EVER!!!111

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
11-21-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm with Leatherpants on this issue...

Go zap paints, I've had the lest trouble with their paints. I use to be all about RPS..more specifically the Evil and the PMI Prem, but they have gone down hill since they implemented changes to their shell/fill.

Bob_da_Splatman
11-21-2004, 03:34 PM
evil or all star is what i go with and both are less than 60 a case! :bounce:

50 cal
11-21-2004, 03:46 PM
I've been trying to get a local field to go BYOP. He is dead set against it and the showing at the field tells. I told him to allow BYOP and charge a $5 surcharge for it. He will get field fee + surcharge. It's better than loosing people to another field. Attendance at the feild is down and he doesn't know why. :rolleyes:

When I play at someplace that allows it, I bring Marbs or AllStar. It's my preference and my E Mag and Classic RT shoot it like darts. I may pay a bit more, but I get to shoot what I like, not something someone forces me into.

LudavicoSoldier
11-21-2004, 06:15 PM
Here in MA ive always had good luck with AllStar or Marbs. Blaze has served me well also. I dont mind paying a bit more for paint, since I tend to not shoot as much as other people...

paintballfreak90
11-21-2004, 06:19 PM
wat u guys recomend for a dye ultralite on my angel 04 speed?

havoc531
11-21-2004, 06:44 PM
marbs are awesome and i have never had problems with blaze either.

meshaq
11-21-2004, 06:50 PM
has anyone used severe paint?

50 cal
11-21-2004, 09:33 PM
My 2 stepsons use Severe in their Matrix and Impact Angel. It is pretty good paint through their guns.

meshaq
11-21-2004, 09:53 PM
what type of severe?

SSMercury
11-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Ok, I've never really cared about the "freshness" of paint, but how exactly do you determine that?

rkjunior303
11-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Ok, I've never really cared about the "freshness" of paint, but how exactly do you determine that?

they need a 'born on' date like Bud ;)

Asym
11-22-2004, 12:19 PM
I used to only use marbs or the old RPS tigerstripe and the stuff was great. Had 2 bags of the tigerstripe from about 3 years ago that I used while test firing changes on the mag and it still shot perfect and broke easy, balls were round also. All of the RPS I've gotten lately have noticeable seams, shaped like footballs and the fill is much thinner than it used to be. Not a big fan of the RPS balls.

We started to shoot JT and I love the stuff, its cheap and shoots great. Too bad everyone localy is out of it. Friends and me used 2 different types of draxxus stuff this weekend and it was crap. Stuff I had looked like golf balls, the friend with the impulse couldn't even play with it, it chopped it all day and he uses a halo and can even use the cheap schrapnel paints without breaks.

SSMercury
11-22-2004, 01:03 PM
I used to only use marbs or the old RPS tigerstripe and the stuff was great. Had 2 bags of the tigerstripe from about 3 years ago that I used while test firing changes on the mag and it still shot perfect and broke easy, balls were round also. All of the RPS I've gotten lately have noticeable seams, shaped like footballs and the fill is much thinner than it used to be. Not a big fan of the RPS balls.

Agreed, I loved the old RPS Premium Gold, and was ticked that they stopped manufacturing it. Awesome paint and fill, and decently priced.

Not sure what I prefer these days.

Asym
11-22-2004, 01:10 PM
yep, loved all the old RPS paints from big ball to marbs. For the price big ball couldn't be beat and it was round just a smaller bore and different fill. Another thing is after I came back playing was a little upset cases only have 2000 as opposed to the 2500 it used to be.

LeatherPants
11-22-2004, 03:20 PM
All of the RPS I've gotten lately have noticeable seams, shaped like footballs and the fill is much thinner than it used to be. Not a big fan of the RPS balls.

Exactly. RPS has really gone down compared to what they used to be. I was a big RPS user. Now I'm all ZAP.