PDA

View Full Version : PTP Mag trigger frame

peewee
11-20-2004, 08:36 PM
I have traded a couple emails with Pro Team in regards to their new trigger system. Here is a tentative run down. Price is estimated around $150 to $200 but that’s not set in stone by any stretch of the imagination. They are still working on it & final cost hasn’t been set. Nor is it the responsability of the person that I spoke with to set prices. They said that it could be on the market early next year. I also inquired about a new micromag with trigger system & they said that Yes, eventually there will be an All-new Micromag so equipped. Stay tuned. :)

:dance: :dance:

slade
11-20-2004, 08:41 PM
I have traded a couple emails with Pro Team in regards to their new trigger system. Here is a tentative run down. Price is estimated around $150 to $200 but that’s not set in stone by any stretch of the imagination. They are still working on it & final cost hasn’t been set. Nor is it the responsability of the person that I spoke with to set prices. They said that it could be on the market early next year. I also inquired about a new micromag with trigger system & they said that Yes, eventually there will be an All-new Micromag so equipped. Stay tuned. :)

:dance: :dance:
$150 to $200?? thats a lot less than the hair estimate. i just hope the quality isnt compromised for that.

peewee
11-20-2004, 10:42 PM
He said it wasnt in stone. It may be that they have more production capacity thus being able to bring down the price.

SpecialBlend2786
11-20-2004, 11:26 PM
$150-$200 sounds damn good to me!

Chronobreak
11-21-2004, 10:22 AM
good news YAY :bounce:

GT
11-21-2004, 02:35 PM
He said it wasnt in stone. It may be that they have more production capacity thus being able to bring down the price.

my guees that has no basis in fact,

there would be no reason for a company to develop a mag only trigger anymore. Realtily speaking the mag market is pretty small. Now, if you can make that same trigger for cockers and spyders you can distrubte the cost evenly.

i just hope the quality isnt compromised for that.

Little side note:
This isnt aimed just at you but, I get real tired of guys knocking PTP for thier "lack of quality" that statement is such crap. They were the only company that made a 2x trigger frame for mags FOR YEARS, while agd ignored thier own accesories. Prety sad when the manfucature fails to improve thier product.

In all honesty if PTP(benchmark), eclipse and others didnt make some kind of trigger system mags would have been buired long ago. Even though the benchy is shallow when compared to the I/Y/Z of today it was light years ahead of any 2x system for the cocker. Anyone ever try a 2x slider :( thats what i thought :rofl:

slade
11-21-2004, 04:00 PM
This isnt aimed just at you but, I get real tired of guys knocking PTP for thier "lack of quality" that statement is such crap.
im not knocking PTP for lack of quality, i am saying 1) nicad makes quality products, and the hAir looked like it was pretty good, and 2) that estimate is a lot lower than nicads, and if the price is that much lower, there is a liklihood of lower quality, regardless of the company.

Target Practice
11-21-2004, 07:53 PM
I also inquired about a new micromag with trigger system & they said that Yes, eventually there will be an All-new Micromag so equipped.

That's the best part of the post.

New Micromag! :bounce:

SpecialBlend2786
11-21-2004, 07:58 PM
That's the best part of the post.

New Micromag! :bounce:
hell yeah

octane2079
11-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Anyone ever try a 2x slider :( thats what i thought :rofl:

Hey I LIKED my 2 finger slider thank you very much. :p

chairman_mao
11-22-2004, 09:20 AM
im not knocking PTP for lack of quality, i am saying 1) nicad makes quality products, and the hAir looked like it was pretty good, and 2) that estimate is a lot lower than nicads, and if the price is that much lower, there is a liklihood of lower quality, regardless of the company.

You neglect to take into consideration that PTP has a few more resources than Nicad, as far as production goes. Not knocking Nicad in the least he does quality werk but my understanding is that Deadlywind is a relatively small operation. A smaller operation is gonna have way more overhead, thus a higher price. It is not a matter of quality but a matter of economies of scale. That's just my opinion

GT
11-22-2004, 10:04 AM
Hey I LIKED my 2 finger slider thank you very much. :p

thats one :rofl:

Banshee23
11-22-2004, 10:35 AM
and if the price is that much lower, there is a liklihood of lower quality, regardless of the company.

How's about everyone waits until the frames actually come out & then we can make judgements about high/low quality & such...

adt501
11-22-2004, 10:59 AM
i have a question

how do you guys know nicads frame will be that high level quality?

not knockin nicad, i just recieved a raw karta body in the mail for my emag it looks fantastic to say the least, but its a body, not a frame with vital components in it. thats a whole new level of manufacturing, as well as a whole new science.

the guys that have shot nicads frame first hand would know better

and maybe nicad cant mass produce these frames like you guys think he can or up to the same quality as his proto

the damn thing aint even out yet, at least PTP has the patent and has stated they are going to make it

Target Practice
11-22-2004, 01:13 PM
The girlfriend shot Colin's trigger frame at this years IAO. She said that it was AMAZING. Coming from someone with 10 years of playing experience and full imersion in the sport (and 5 years of AGD), I'd give her analysis quite a bit of weight.

Collin is a craftsman. All the care and precision that went into your Karta will go into ANYTHING that he does.

rabidchihauhau
11-22-2004, 01:28 PM
I know from personal experience that PTP works hard to turn out quality product. I also know that they always stand behind what they make and ship; the emphasis while I was there was to always make the customer happy.

They happen to have a pretty state of the art machine shop, that's set up for PRODUCTION level output - not 'custom' level output.

I would place little stock in any pricing estimates at this early a date; not saying higher or lower, just that there is way too much going on with that thing and that it would be premature to be 'guessing' what its going to retail for.

You can bet that when PTP brings it to market that it will be a 'fair' price for what you'll be getting, but that's about all you can really say for now.

Muzikman
11-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Little side note:
This isnt aimed just at you but, I get real tired of guys knocking PTP for thier "lack of quality" that statement is such crap. They were the only company that made a 2x trigger frame for mags FOR YEARS, while agd ignored thier own accesories. Prety sad when the manfucature fails to improve thier product.

In all honesty if PTP(benchmark), eclipse and others didnt make some kind of trigger system mags would have been buired long ago. Even though the benchy is shallow when compared to the I/Y/Z of today it was light years ahead of any 2x system for the cocker. Anyone ever try a 2x slider thats what i thought

I know more people that just cut the trigger guard and replaced the trigger on the old mags over getting the Benchmark frame. I only know of one person who actually thought the Benchmark frames were decent. I had to do some serious mods on my micromag frame because it sucked. Just because someone came out with a mod that no one else did does not automatically make it good. PTP and benchmarks quality was spotty at best. I have not used any recent products, but the older stuff was pretty bad.

Just as AGD can not shake the "blender" mindset, PTP will not shake the "poor Quality" mindset.

peewee
11-22-2004, 02:35 PM
I'm one of the oddball players that liked the Benchmark double trigger. Have had one on every mag except my ule since 1996. plus had micro etc

Muzikman
11-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Ok, that makes 2:)

rabidchihauhau
11-22-2004, 04:15 PM
muzikman,

pro-team did more than just provide the first double trigger frame(s).

they built those products BECAUSE people were cutting their trigger guards, and that was unsafe. They basically sold them at cost if you sent in your cut trigger guard because they were more about safety then they were about profit.