PDA

View Full Version : just beat halo 2,, and im pi*ssed!

oneworld
11-20-2004, 11:18 PM
it has to be the dumbest ending ever!!!!! i wont ruin it for people that still want it..... i just thought it was retarded,,,here goes another 50$ for halo 3!

wa'd yall think of it?

justjoshin590
11-20-2004, 11:21 PM
excately my thoughts, i was thinking it was so cool till i beat it, then i just wondered is that it?
it feels like someone just beat me over the head with a stick and mugged 50$ off me

LittlePaintballBoy
11-20-2004, 11:37 PM
You just beat it? You are a slowpoke.

SpecialBlend2786
11-20-2004, 11:38 PM
lol yeah, it was pretty short. I think it felt short cause the first 4 levels are kinda crammed together. Ending just hyped up Halo 3 even more....

WickeDKlowN
11-21-2004, 12:18 AM
Atleast they were working on Halo 3 at the same time as Halo 2 so we won't have to wait quite as long.

Hopefully they will end it as a Trilogy, no more, no less. But knowing M$ we're libel to have 7 Halo's(one for each ring)...

Will Wood
11-21-2004, 12:19 AM
They were? Awsome

WickeDKlowN
11-21-2004, 12:23 AM
They were? Awsome
Atleast according to this (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/steve/2003/10-21office-launch.asp) article they were. Just search for Halo on it, it's about 1/4 of the way down.

TDonovan
11-21-2004, 12:34 AM
IMO Halo 2 in its entirety was dissapointing.

It's still kinda fun, but I have a lot of problems with it.

saml604
11-21-2004, 12:34 AM
I was also very dissapointed with the ending. The rest of the campaing wasnt special either. I was excited to play on earth, but most of the game was spent mindlessly blasting covenant and flood in dark corridors. It was still a very fun game, but definently could have been better. They were obviously rushed to meet the deadline and they decided to cut out some story line to polish up other things.

SpecialBlend2786
11-21-2004, 05:05 AM
I enjoyed playing as the Elite, IMO those were the best levels. I really wanted to spend more time fighting on earth though:(

Oh well, i guess thats what Halo 3 is for.

WickeDKlowN
11-21-2004, 09:50 AM
I hated playing as the Arbitor myself...

AllAmericanMag
11-21-2004, 10:43 AM
:hail: Energy Sword...

bornl33t
11-21-2004, 12:18 PM
I guess the Halo 2 fanatics were pretty pissed that HL2 kicked it's but as game of the year.

Will Wood
11-21-2004, 12:43 PM
Only one thing really annoyed me about the game... I mean truely annoyed me
THAT BIG MONSTER WITH TENTACLES
... What ... the .. heck...
Some lame last minute thing because they couldn't figure out what to do with the story? It looked like crap, it was crap.

Just a preference I guess, because you still got to run around and kill things, but I would have prefered more missions as Master Cheif.

skife
11-21-2004, 01:19 PM
well, i havn't beat it yet.

i'm playing xbox live, i'm making sure i get all the time i can out of my 2 months

GT
11-21-2004, 02:44 PM
in all honesty I dont think that current xbox can play the real halo2 that was orginally planned. I noticed alot of droped frames and textures issues on live. I think we will get the real halo2 when xbox next is released this time next year.

JimmyBeam
11-21-2004, 05:45 PM
:hail: Energy Sword...
yes

TraXeR
11-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Finally beat it on co-op Legendary on Friday. I was very impressed with the game as a whole. I loved the normal and 'extra' ending, leaves you wanting more. which makes me want to play more.

Go Bungie!

HoboJudge
11-21-2004, 05:54 PM
I think the story would have been great if it wasn't for that giant Flood monster that grabbed MC and the Arbiter with its tentacles. It just didn't go with the flow of the story at all and seemed out of place. I though it was cool playing as the Arbiter, but I would have liked to finish as the Chief. The only thing that really bugged me was, as I said before, that flood creature. The multiplayer, however, is outstanding.

MonsterMag
11-21-2004, 05:59 PM
I got round 2 more levels to go , I started the missions about 5 days after I got the game ;)

Chris42050
11-22-2004, 02:57 PM
Only one thing really annoyed me about the game... I mean truely annoyed me
THAT BIG MONSTER WITH TENTACLES
... What ... the .. heck...
Some lame last minute thing because they couldn't figure out what to do with the story? It looked like crap, it was crap.

Just a preference I guess, because you still got to run around and kill things, but I would have prefered more missions as Master Cheif.
That monster bugged me too. WTF. It came outta no where and never explained what it was thier for or what it was. Way out of place for the game.

The beggining of the game had such a long sequence that the ending looked like total crap.
And anyone coming in here to say Half life 2 is better needs to find a different thread. Half Life 2 has such crappy AI that it shouldnt even be compared to Halo2.

oneworld
11-22-2004, 03:19 PM
whats half life 2?

LittlePaintballBoy
11-22-2004, 03:23 PM
die.

RetroEclipseMan
11-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I was totally disapointed with the story line. THe first few levels were pretty cool and you could tell that when they did those that time really wasn't an issue but then they just started to rush it and it all just went downhill. I'm glad I just borrowed my friend's copy rather than blowing $50 on it. At least multiplayer is pretty decent.

Willystyle21
11-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Hmmm.......... I guess no one really looked at the limited edition extra disk did they. Pretty much explains why they did what they did. Spells out that HALO 3 is coming, with all the extra things that were deleted or couldn't make it into HALO 2.

Yeah would have liked to play on Earth more but, enjoyed the way the game was set up. Ripping people from their vehicles, the allmighty energy sword. Plenty of things to be happy about. You people that are pissed are comparing HALO 2 to HALO way too much and expecting it to blow the first out of the water. Does pretty well with a limited story line.

Head knight of Ni
11-22-2004, 09:15 PM
in all honesty I dont think that current xbox can play the real halo2 that was orginally planned. I noticed alot of droped frames and textures issues on live. I think we will get the real halo2 when xbox next is released this time next year.

That decision was made to create no in game loading times in campaign and lessen Live load times. Conker Live & Reloaded will show you just what the Xbox is capable of. If your comparing console graphics to PC graphics don't.