PDA

View Full Version : use a key to start your gun?

FreakBaller12
11-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Would this be a good idea? This way safety is involved, and protection againest your gun if it's going to be stolen. Maybe have it block an airway and/or saftey, and when you turn it on it's ready to shoot, you just need to add the compressed air?
I am not sure if this is a good idea, I just randomly thought of it and posted it up.
What do you guys think? :confused:

teufelhunden
11-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Not a bad idea, and could be easily implemented on an electro. For a mech, however, it'd be another thing to toss into the works.

Won't ever go anywhere though, it makes paintball too hard for all the idiots we have playing.

FreakBaller12
11-21-2004, 12:53 PM
Won't ever go anywhere though, it makes paintball too hard for all the idiots we have playing.
Or bring down the number of kids who shoot people or cars :confused:

teufelhunden
11-21-2004, 12:56 PM
A key wouldn't prevent someone from shooting a car. It would only cut down on accidents.. and maybe not even that, since people generally would turn the gun on, leave the key in, and go.. not turning it off til the end of the day.

MidnightRider
11-21-2004, 12:59 PM
Gentlemen. Start Your Markers!!!!!

MR :D

Skoad
11-21-2004, 01:19 PM
I always thought it would be cool to have like a lawnmower rip cord

GT
11-21-2004, 01:45 PM
2k lcd anyone? I think this fad ran its course after guys got tired of keep up with keys or codes. Can't we just train people to be safe? we cant engineer for supidity.

evildead420
11-21-2004, 02:24 PM
they do that to real firearms here in Cali and its a state law to have them on.
just for the purpose of preventing thieft is a good idea for pb markers :cheers:

Destructo6
11-21-2004, 05:29 PM
The requirement is a locking device, not necessarily integrated into the gun. A crappy $5 luggage lock/cable lock fulfills the requirement, yet is easily circumvented (I have a drawer full of them).

HK, S&W, Taurus and a few others integrate them into their guns. Some, like the HK, will damage the gun if the trigger is pulled with the lock engaged (bad design).

A keylock safety might work, but I'm so bad with keys that I'd probably lock it, like a responsible type, then forget where I put the keys. My gunlock case keys are all keyed the same (big pack of Masterlocks) and one remains on my carkey ring.

Glickman
11-21-2004, 05:33 PM
not good for those who suck at remembering things :rolleyes:

another thing might be using something thats being tested for police firearms. having a metal ring near the gun to use it. not cost effective but just another idea.

or... a fingerprint scanner. scanners now a days are not even that expensive anymore, and maybe itll be cost effective in the future

i just REALLY need to quote this:
"we cant engineer for supidity." :D :D :clap:

MonsterMag
11-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Doesnt agel have a low jack system build it there marker already?

They got every other thing in there :D

Magaman
11-21-2004, 05:40 PM
just for the purpose of preventing thieft is a good idea for pb markers :cheers:

You'd have to make sue the lock kept some of the screws from coming out as well as not letting the gun work, otherwise someone is can just take the gun apart, remove the lock or piece with the lock attached and then replace a few parts so they can resell it or whatever... Then you would have a problem if you lost the keys... Also, a lock smith would more than likely unlock it for anyone if they had the gun and said it was there's. I doubt they would ask for proof of purchase first... The Locksmith would probably just laugh, call you stupid under his breath, unlock it, sell you a few keys and give it back.. :bounce:

master_alexander
11-21-2004, 05:41 PM
start your markera!!! that was great
well, if you made a keypad like on a car it would be cool. my friends mom leaves her keys in the center console (covered p of course ) and locks the car with the keypad, no i will not give you her adress.

the only problem with that is people would loose their key or forget the combo, then they are SCREWED !!!

it was a good idea though

AGDlover
11-21-2004, 05:45 PM
thats a good idea like put a slidecheck like thingy on the hose and a 2nd dary safty that must use a key to unlock it

"Joe"
11-21-2004, 06:44 PM
I always thought it would be cool to have like a lawnmower rip cord

:rofl: :rofl: Just imagine.....

68magOwner
11-21-2004, 07:07 PM
keys would get lost, mabey a pen# of some sorts?

FreakBaller12
11-21-2004, 07:17 PM
you keep saying if you forget or something.
1. write down your code
2. if you can't remember your marker must not mean much to you.
3. this is just idiot proofing paintball.

68magOwner
11-21-2004, 08:20 PM
3. this is just idiot proofing paintball.

yes, if they cant rember there pin #, they dont belong on a field because they have no sense, and could hurt somone, and, if they have codes to turn ramping on/off, they can have codes to unlock markers, not a bad idea at all i think

nippinout
11-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Vroom! Vroom!

-=Squid=-
11-21-2004, 09:07 PM
... Or you could just keep an eye on your gear.

- Goro

FreakBaller12
11-21-2004, 09:14 PM
... Or you could just keep an eye on your gear.

- Goro

it is impossible to watch your gear 100% of the time. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

-=Squid=-
11-21-2004, 09:38 PM
it is impossible to watch your gear 100% of the time. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Ya, if you're retarded. I suppose a key will also make it impossible to pick up and take, as well.

- Goro

FreakBaller12
11-22-2004, 07:03 AM
Ya, if you're retarded. I suppose a key will also make it impossible to pick up and take, as well.

- Goro

yes it could still be stolen, but if it was it would be pointless. What good what a marker do that couldn't work. Like the airways and board being block with a simple key? Unless you machine the crap out of it, probably thus ruining the marker and doesn't do you any good if steal it.

edit: so you carry your gun around when you need to go to the bathroom? to get some food? to get paint. and if you have a backup, you carry that one around too?
Yes, you can make the argument that friends watch it, but EVERYBODY doesn't go with friends, everybody doesn't have TEAMMATES to watch there stuff, some people go to the fields by themselves, I know I have.

-=Squid=-
11-22-2004, 08:40 AM
yes it could still be stolen, but if it was it would be pointless. What good what a marker do that couldn't work. Like the airways and board being block with a simple key? Unless you machine the crap out of it, probably thus ruining the marker and doesn't do you any good if steal it.

edit: so you carry your gun around when you need to go to the bathroom? to get some food? to get paint. and if you have a backup, you carry that one around too?
Yes, you can make the argument that friends watch it, but EVERYBODY doesn't go with friends, everybody doesn't have TEAMMATES to watch there stuff, some people go to the fields by themselves, I know I have.
Yes, I carry my gun EVERYWHERE. It's not hard, I promise. And if I need both hands, I just keep an eye on it whenever im doing my business (whatever it may be)

Sure, the gun may be useless, but they wont think that when they are stealing it, and it probably wouldn't be hard to bypass it (especially if it were a "simple" key, as you put it)

If you want a gun that takes a key, get a 2k Angel LCD, and see how much you like the idea.

- Goro

68magOwner
11-22-2004, 03:30 PM
which is why a pin # is a much better alternative (although no, it wolnt prevent stolen gear, it could help)

felony
11-22-2004, 11:10 PM
you could use a simple key on off.

i used one on a device i made for science alliance back in the day. You would have to find a small ket so it would actually fit and then just have it inline of the power.

Thought if someone wanted to steal the marker, all they would have to do is disassembl the marker and essentially hot wire the marker by connecting the wires.

not sure if that is what you are thinking off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14932&item=5732577795&rd=1

i remember some that for some extra $$$$ can be activated by a fingerprint if i remember correctly.
dan

Gunther_mag_user
11-23-2004, 07:29 PM
yea my cousin was thinking about getting a fingerprint scanner hooked up on his new raced cocker, either that or getting onstar installed, you want it to turn on, have them unlock your doors. you lose it, have them find it. lol :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Gunther

-=Squid=-
11-23-2004, 08:25 PM
yea my cousin was thinking about getting a fingerprint scanner hooked up on his new raced cocker, either that or getting onstar installed, you want it to turn on, have them unlock your doors. you lose it, have them find it. lol :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Gunther
I hope you're kidding.

- Goro

Won Hunglo
11-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Some people can take your car with out your keys. Shooting your gun without your keys would be a piece of cake.

SpecialBlend2786
11-24-2004, 02:57 AM
i lose my yellow pin as it is, i dont want another thing to keep track of :(