PDA

View Full Version : paintball family hooked

pondscum56
11-21-2004, 01:04 PM
my friends family has totally become hooked. just yesterday they went out and bought 2 octane shockers for the father and son and the wife bought a nerve. reloader b's, full freak kits and tons of gear. you want to talk about familys that have gotten hooked well this family is big time serious. i just keep telling them its not the gun that makes the player good its the players own skill that makes them good. so now i cant wait to put them in there place showing off all there new gear thinking there so good. here iam with my intellaframe mag and still taken them. n

punkncat
11-21-2004, 01:19 PM
Look at the bright side. Most people only play paintball for a few months before their intrest wanes. So when mom and dad get tired of the sport , you will have an in to get some sweet gear cheap...... :D

Creative Mayhem
11-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Look at the bright side. Most people only play paintball for a few months before their intrest wanes. So when mom and dad get tired of the sport , you will have an in to get some sweet gear cheap...... :D

what he said...

and you can take stisfaction in the fact that you can kick their butts without the high expense! :D

FreakBaller12
11-21-2004, 01:27 PM
that's awesome

I can see it now, the first ever pro xball team, i mean family! That'd be nuts.

pondscum56
11-21-2004, 01:32 PM
well the father and son are both on the same team iam. the wife now also is trying to start up a female paintball team. we have an indoor heated place to play now in the winter. yes i live in canada so its starting to get cold and going to snow any day now iam sure. but atleast i get to play all year round. now were just about to put carpet into it and in afew months we get our air bunkers so things are going to be sweet.

but back to the family. one problem the son is only 15 and parents bought everything for him and now he is going to be thinking hes all good and everything so i cant wait to put him in his place and tell him that its not the gun that makes the play, its the players skill that sets him apart. besides he has way to many weakness's for a back player anyways. so today is my time to show him afew things hes gotta work on :dance:

WARPED1
11-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Cool The next "The Family"? Whatever happened to them?

GT
11-21-2004, 01:42 PM
so now i cant wait to put them in there place showing off all there new gear thinking there so good.

Man you have some serious issues. You cant be happy and encourage these folks in the sport. You are one of the reasons paintball is getting a sore reputation.

pondscum56
11-21-2004, 01:49 PM
dude dont get me wrong iam very happy that they have new gear and i cant wait for our next tournament to come up cause i know what they will be playing with is good stuff. but really do you like someone who is a show off??? someone who thinks they are better then everyone else??? they dont shut up about saying how they are so good and that no one is good enough to beat them??? really do you want to play against someone like that???? i dont, and yet the guy is on my team. i just look at it as a leason he should learn. just because you win one game here and there dont rub it into the other players faces. thats what make other players not like you and they wont be friendly to you on or off the field. paintball is a sport for fun. to meet new people and make new friends. when you have someone on your team which rubs it into other peoples faces that have just lost thats not very sportsmen like. be nice to other players. tell them they had a good game. iam not out there to make enemies.

deadbox101
11-21-2004, 02:46 PM
good more money to fuel are sport. In reality i want people like this to play, they use more paint so prices go down and companies can expand more because they switch markers every month.

WenULiVeUdiE
11-21-2004, 03:09 PM
Just because they have expensive set ups doesnt mean they think they're good.

WARPED1
11-21-2004, 03:40 PM
good more money to fuel are sport. In reality i want people like this to play, they use more paint so prices go down and companies can expand more because they switch markers every month.Paintballs not a sport yet, is just a game. A good game, but a game.

slade
11-21-2004, 04:27 PM
damn i dont get that, paintball is my life! :D
and i suck at life :(

jk...
...back to the subject, i had a friend who convinced his mom to go paintballing with him once, and immediately after that she decided to buy a marker! but they moved away to rhode island, never to be seen or heard from again :( :cry: .

and warped 1, paintball IS a sport. it is organized, physical competition between people, with teams, rules, regulations, etc.

Magaman
11-21-2004, 04:47 PM
There is a Father and his Two Sons that bought all new Guns and gear for there 7 man team. They bought 7 of the Cockers I'm selling all custom Anodized along with matching Jerseys and pants and nice HP tanks... The Dad basically set up each of his two suns and there 4 friends in some sweet gear... Now they are traveling around America playing at all the Tourney’s they can make it too...

Just because they bought sweet gear, none of them act as if they are better players than anyone else. I think its great that they have the opportunity to do things like this with family and friends...

You have to remember, Paintball is a fulltime sport for many people and if your really serious about it, your going to make sure everyone playing with you has the proper equipment and gear to be able to play most effectively.

When I was younger I used to race Junior Drags with my Dad and my little bro. Sure we could have just ran with a second hand car and got the stock engine, but we wanted to be able to compete no matter where we went which required a bigger engine and Lighter more arrow dynamic car... We got what we needed and I had allot of fun doing it with my family.

There is nothing wrong with families going way big at anything, ever... :bounce:

themish
11-21-2004, 05:17 PM
that is so nuts

Major Ho
11-21-2004, 10:38 PM
bought 2 octane shockers...bought a nerve....full freak kits
Did no one else notice thats all Smart Parts gear? :argh: cringe
As a friend I think you should have advised them better in their equipment choice

drewrw
11-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Paintball is a sport..........lol

magman007
11-22-2004, 09:12 AM
did any one notice that the octane shocker is ugly as hell, and shouldnt even be considered a milling pattern, as all they did was take off some front od from the body?

smart_parts
06-28-2005, 12:21 PM
the octane shocker is the coolest gun I have ever seen and smartparts rocks!!!!
I would kill all of you with the ION :shooting:

personman
06-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Thanks for letting us know by upping a thread that is almost a year old. Your smart parts loyalty deeply touches me!

KapitalJin
06-28-2005, 12:29 PM
:rofl:

TheTramp
06-28-2005, 02:37 PM

Super. :rolleyes: