PDA

View Full Version : Incompatible valves?

sdlm_
11-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Here the the situation, I have an emag, it is an old one SN#em00146 no stars or anything and a .68 classic. well, my screw that holds my e-mag valve in brole off inside the valve while I was shooting at a local field, so naturally I switched the classic valve for the e-valve to still use my e-mag, but when I got my valve home I realized that while the classic valve fit in both guns, my classic mags body will not let the e-mag valve fit. this doesn't make any sense I thought anything except the old RT valve would fit anything else. the body for my classic is a centre feed nonclamping, uses old style barrels. is it alright to just dremel the barrel to get the 1-2mm of extra clearence I need?

Sk8ermog
11-22-2004, 05:51 AM
is your classic body powdercoated or warped in any way. I've seen this happedn with bodies that have been powdercoated or messed with cause then they warp or have a different size for the valve to go in.

athomas
11-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Both valves should have the same dimensions. Check for something sticking out that may prevent the valve from going in the body.