PDA

View Full Version : IAO 2005 Dates and Sports Illustrated Update

Muzikman
11-21-2004, 11:18 PM
IAO 2005 Dates and Sports Illustrated Update

Sports Illustrated will have a wonderful feature story on paintball and the IAO scheduled to be on the newsstands December 2nd. Charles Gaines, one of the founders of paintball wrote an entertaining story on the fun he had both inside an airfield as well as shooting it up in the woods scenario game.

According to Debra Dion Krischke, event producer, “ This story goes from the beginning days of paintball when there was just one company The National Survival Game, to Charles experiencing the many different facets of paintball 23 years later. Needless to say he was impressed with the technology, the people he got to interview, and his play time both in a tank during the scenario game and up close and personal in speedball.”

The 2005 International Amateur Open and Paintball Festival is slated for July 27-31st in Pittsburgh, PA. Gearing up to celebrate it’s 15th Anniversary the ideas on the drawing board are already underway!

Look for the Dead Box Media DVD of the IAO Festival to be in the stores and pro-shops before Christmas!

Stay tuned to the website www.TeamEffortEvents.com for details!

Target Practice
11-21-2004, 11:56 PM
If those dates are the final ones, Sarah and I will be there.

magman007
11-22-2004, 07:20 AM
il be there, that im pretty sure of, but i swear, if it is any thing like last years failure of a tournament, then i will never ever show up again. last year was just a huge let down, to me, and many others. i doubt the vendors(those who even showed up) made much money, if any at all.

IAO is on thin ice with me, and i will be so sad to see it go, but it really needs to out do its self this year

Thordic
11-22-2004, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=magman007] if it is any thing like last years failure of a tournament[/QUUOTE]

As long as OG is there and rockin again, I don't care that much.

If the tradeshow and everything is a letdown, then perhaps we should bring the party to the field instead of waiting to go back to Cranberry for the party :ninja:

Creative Mayhem
11-22-2004, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=magman007] if it is any thing like last years failure of a tournament[/QUUOTE]

As long as OG is there and rockin again, I don't care that much.

If the tradeshow and everything is a letdown, then perhaps we should bring the party to the field instead of waiting to go back to Cranberry for the party :ninja:

I couldn't agree more, and I think the mobile partay can be arranged ;)

Kevmaster
11-22-2004, 05:19 PM
And in a related note: The OGD will again be held at the 2005 IAO!

It will be bigger and cooler than before!

More details to come around January

magman007
11-22-2004, 07:10 PM
YEY!!! kev, just this time, make sure everyone knows how the points are going for the finals :)

Cant wait, im already incontact with PJ again about getting MOG up and running once again. Be prepared for even more face shootin :)

Muzikman
11-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Bill, don't worry, by IAO you will own something else.

ntn4502
11-22-2004, 10:00 PM
If it doesnt change from last year, I wont be going. The only good part of the week was the OGD

jdev
11-22-2004, 10:18 PM
If it doesnt change from last year, I wont be going. The only good part of the week was the OGD

but.. but.. whos going to slap me in the face?

magman007
11-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Bill, don't worry, by IAO you will own something else.

Nope! viking is on its way out, and my dm5 will be here soon. blue parts swapped with black dm5, brandnew. Drool

The Frymarker
11-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Hmm maybe I'll make it in my plans to go :)

Automaggin2
11-23-2004, 03:00 PM
I highly doubt I will make the trip next year. I was VERY disappointed when I went to teh 2004 IAO. The trade show was WEAK, paint prices were THROUGH THE ROOF, and the event producer is the biggest :cuss: I have ever met.