PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Ao Tech Experts....

MindJob
11-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Ok big guys, here is the question...

My brother has a 'classic RT,', but has decided that he HAS TO HAVE a ULE trigger. I know there are people who can drill out the old style RT valves to accept the double o-rings, but would it be easier to just cut the RT body down, buy the field strip screw and spacer, and put a regular X valve in the gun?

Let me know what you guys think.

and oh, BTW.. the Go X program AGD offers is not an option. He wants to keep the original RT body.

Thanks

Dayspring
11-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Yeah, should be possible.

White_Noise
11-23-2004, 02:29 PM
i doubt its even possible to cut the body down and get it to fit an xvalve with that body. getting the valve drilled would be easiest/cheapest.

MindJob
11-23-2004, 03:27 PM
i doubt its even possible to cut the body down and get it to fit an xvalve with that body. getting the valve drilled would be easiest/cheapest.

Why? Its just the back 2" or so that need to be cut off in order to fit an X valve? (Or so I think)

Just asking.

BlackVCG
11-23-2004, 03:33 PM
You would need to cut the body, mill a z-lock groove in the rail, get a spacer for the field strip screw hole and trade in the RT valve for an X-Valve.

MindJob
11-23-2004, 03:54 PM
You would need to cut the body, mill a z-lock groove in the rail, get a spacer for the field strip screw hole and trade in the RT valve for an X-Valve.

Thanks for the help everyone.
:hail: