PDA

View Full Version : Um.. yeah, I kinda like 'broke' my tank.

TraXeR
11-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Firstly, it is fully degassed, no one was hurt.

I was unscrewing the tank from my asa, and suddenly it 'shifted' liek a normal unscrewing, but the threads were still in the same place. So I look at the tank and I notce that the grey aluminum part of my tank is stuck into the asa and screwing off from the black reg.

What the hell do I do now? I can't seem to unscrew the threads from the asa, its liek stuck in there hard. I won't be using it until it's fixed or even filling it so there's no danger of injury.

Shoudl I just bring it to my proshop and let them handle it? I'm worried to do it myself since I don't feel confident with making sure a 3,000 psi object is 'tight' enough on my own to not risk geting people injured or worse when I use it.

Flow_Tech
11-23-2004, 08:18 PM
i would say ship it to whomever the company is that makes the tank,chances are that if its a crossfire or PE tank,it will be handled ASAP,as PE and CF are both VERY serious about there tanks and customers

TraXeR
11-23-2004, 08:21 PM
i would say ship it to whomever the company is that makes the tank,chances are that if its a crossfire or PE tank,it will be handled ASAP,as PE and CF are both VERY serious about there tanks and customers

It is PE.

Flow_Tech
11-23-2004, 08:22 PM
yea,i would call them up,let them know the situation and they will tell you what can be done

TraXeR
11-23-2004, 08:30 PM
yea,i would call them up,let them know the situation and they will tell you what can be done

K, thanks.. Much Appreciated.

MonsterMag
11-23-2004, 08:38 PM
Sounds like your regulator came unscrewed from your tank. It is a big proplem , this happend to me before , with my old tank

You need to contact pe , if you cant get the reg of the asa then you might have to send the asa and tank in ,

What ever you do DO NOT SCREW THE TANK BACK ON AND GET IT FILLED :nono:

also take tape or somthin and cover the whole on the tank , so nothing gets inside the tank

TraXeR
11-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Uh.. you guys, the full reg didnt come off the real 'tank'. The grey part of reg has become lose and 'unscrewed' from the black part. The black part of the reg is still atached to the tank. The grey threaded part is stuck in the asa, and the black part is stuck on the tank.

I never said the FULL reg came off the tank. I will still bring it to my proshop see if they know if its just a simple 'loctite and screw in' or if it really needs to be sent.

Thank you both for the help though.

MonsterMag
11-23-2004, 09:34 PM
I dont think your sapose to loctite it , your reg split in to , thats all :rolleyes:

TraXeR
11-23-2004, 11:34 PM
I dont think your sapose to loctite it , your reg split in to , thats all :rolleyes:

But not spin freely like that. which makes me nervous. 3000 psi tanks are not lightly to be tinkered with.

So is this fine or is it actually in need of fixing?

Carbon Blue
11-24-2004, 12:27 AM
max flos when purchased new are given to you with the regulator and tank unassembled. Meaning that you have to actually screw that tank on. If you want to put some blue loctite on it. My max flo is a 68ci 4500 dual stage.

TraXeR
11-24-2004, 09:45 AM
max flos when purchased new are given to you with the regulator and tank unassembled. Meaning that you have to actually screw that tank on. If you want to put some blue loctite on it. My max flo is a 68ci 4500 dual stage.

I read that like 10 times and I still don't see how that affects me. Re-explain please?

warbeak2099
11-24-2004, 10:01 AM
Ok, your back half of the reg came unscrewed off the front half or did it snap off? Either way, just go to your local pro shop and have them look at it. They may be able to do something and they may not. If not, call the manufactorer.

sabrefanpc
11-24-2004, 10:51 AM
its good to see youre being careful. definately contact pe though. i know crossfire voids any warrenties if they dont do the work and i think pe may have a similar policy.

kevdupuis
11-24-2004, 05:49 PM
Is your tank a new style that uses set screws to secure the two halves of the reg or the older loctited one. Either way when you take it in ask them to clean the reg internals and replace the two o-rings on the piston to help prevent leaks. The newer style piston o-ring sizes are, 008-90 urethane and,012-90 urethane. I think the older style uses the same o-rings" I can't find my diagrams for it right now".

TraXeR
11-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Ok, your back half of the reg came unscrewed off the front half or did it snap off? Either way, just go to your local pro shop and have them look at it. They may be able to do something and they may not. If not, call the manufactorer.

Unscrewed.

I emailed PE yesterday. Awaiting response.

Taunto
11-25-2004, 11:43 PM
You should never put locktite on the threads that the tank screw onto. There is a tiny hole on the threads incase the tank does start to unscrew from the threads all the air will vent out of the hole and the tank won't rocket off like a mad tank. Now if you locktite it you block that hole then everyone is screwed that is standing behind you (if it were to ever happen)

Carbon Blue
11-26-2004, 12:30 AM
I read that like 10 times and I still don't see how that affects me. Re-explain please?
From my understanding, Your tank became unscrewed from your regulator correct?
What iam trying to say is that all you have to do is screw it on because when you purchase a tank like a max flo the tank and regulator are not assembled so you have to screw the tank in yourself.

BUT FIRST CONTACT PE!!! i too have heard about them voiding warrantees due to their tanks being tampered or worked on with other than them.

Alpha
11-26-2004, 02:31 AM
Call up PE adn tlel then you took your tank off and the reg unscrewed from teh tank. They will ask you a few questions.. Tell them you didn't use a wrench or any tool on it to remove it, and all your used wa your hands. I think if you use a wrench it voids the warrenty ( maybe becuase they think we're dumb adn try to wrench off tanks from our asa or something.. Maybe some other legit reason).

They gave me a code and I was supposed to send it in, but never did.. I'mjust going to bring it to an airsmith beucas eI'd like it anti-siphoned too.

silentdeath55
11-27-2004, 11:49 PM
If you e-mailed them, odds are they won't respond. When I called, I told them I e-mailed them and the guy told me that their e-mails very rarely get answered. I e-mailed them about 4 times almost 2 years ago and I havn't got a response yet. You need to call them. They shipped me replacement parts overnight at no charge when I called them.

TraXeR
11-28-2004, 08:33 PM
Ok. Will do.