PDA

View Full Version : automag or b2k4????

dgregory2908
11-23-2004, 09:43 PM
i have an automag and a spyder flash right now there both stock cept barrels , wus wunder do u think i should sell both of them and getta b2k4 ?? or sell the flash and put alot into the automag? i play half woods half speedball but all my buddies i play with are upgrading to and orracle,impulse, and a vert cocker so what would be the better gun and i already have nitro so yea, thanks

penguinpunk555
11-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Get a b2k5

Chronobreak
11-23-2004, 11:37 PM
mags are great guns but i would probly get the b2k i had 2 and LOVED em but 05 is the way to go ;)

BlackWeenie
11-24-2004, 12:37 AM
i personally wouldnt get either, but between your 2 choices bushy is far superior to mag

jackass'd
11-24-2004, 02:03 AM
depends if u want to go electro really. Altho u could just get the devilmag - its the best of both worlds.

check it out here - http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=132792 Its got Duel

Break Beam eyes, capped at 45 bps with eyes on. Xvalve with ULE trigger kit installed. ULE body milled with eyes installed. Predator board with different modes of fire and all settings done by trigger. Push button On/Off. Ripper Trigger mod.

Only down side is is that it will sting you $850.

SpecialBlend2786
11-24-2004, 02:19 AM
bushy

peewee
11-24-2004, 08:42 AM
The new ULE would be a great gun ( assuming you have a classic) & for a battery sucker I feel the Bushy is the best value. If you can get your hands on a bushy give it a try & see if its for you. I have dealt with both AGD & ICD , both have good customer service.

pointm@n
11-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Depends on what you want out of it.

Bushy, faster but can be tempermental to take care of

Mag, slower but built like a tank

I've got both and my emag never fails me. And when I was speaking of speed, I was comparing a mech mag to a b2k4.

sponsor.me
11-24-2004, 11:29 PM
here is what i say, and please take it into consideration. I have a bko, and my co-captain HAD a bko. he sold his because it constantly choped. imma sell mine for the same reason. we both have empire reloader b's, so its not the hopper. as far as the b2k4 goes, it's the same thing. i met a guy at a field this past weekend, and he had a b2k4 with PDS and he couldn't go over 6 bps without it chopping like crazy. in fact, after the last game he played, he called the thing a blender. so me and my whole team will never even think about another gun made by ICD. My advive is if you were gonna spend about 500 on a b2k4 w/ pds, u might as well spend the extra 50 and get a vision impulse. hope this helps.

TDonovan
11-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Whatever problems he was having with his b2k4 were either user error or something was wrong with the actual gun.

ICD makes good stuff, and I would take a b2k or freestyle over an SP gun (impulse, shocker, nerve) any day.

Between the b2k4 and the mag, it's hard to say. IMO upgrading a mag from a classic to an xvalved/ule is not very economical seen as how you can get a ULE custom for such a good price now. And even loaded up with extras from some of the dealers on these forums.

List the specs on your mag and we can help you out.

I was picking between the b2k4's and the automags and picked the mag because it wasn't as tall and I wasn't quite ready for an electro yet (nor did I really NEED one).

If you want to get a b2k, definitely wait for the 05 models to come out. They got rid of the tray and located more electronics into the grip (reduces height) which gets rid of the only thing I didn't like about them.

XbeasleyX
11-26-2004, 12:10 AM
An ICD gun is like many things, what you put into it directly effects what comes out. I was just playing yesterday with my Stock B2k4 and was chopping like crazy so I go into the staging area angry, I take my hopper off, no paint, look at my bolt, no paint, take off my barrel and it is caked with shell. I clean it and grab a handfull of my $20/1000 paint and try the blowthrough test, 3/4 of the balls jammed at the back of barrel, I take a closer look and I have a hand full of eggs and footballs. I dumped all my pods and reloaded with better paint went out and played the rest of my day with no chops. Moral of my long story, dont be cheap with paint if your dropping more than $400 in a gun.

Leader of Men
11-26-2004, 10:10 AM
You know, I will have to say go with the Bushmaster.

Get a b2k4 w/pds. Should run about 500...

If you can't afford the pds just yet get it without PDS and have the factory install it later.

The Action Figure
11-26-2004, 10:43 AM
you will not regret the mag, I had a bushy with every up imaginable. hated it so I got a mag and loved it