PDA

View Full Version : xmag/emag with no bouce in hybrid/manual... possible?

Jotsy
11-24-2004, 09:58 AM
so i was wondering, would it be possible to get rid of the bounce on an emag in hybrid/manual mode?

i figure you'd need to put a ULT in there, but of course, a ULT won't be strong enough to pull the solenoid. So i was wondering if it'd be possible to mod the solenoid somehow? maybe make it lighter/weaker (cos it only has to deal with a ULT anyways).. or mebe even put a return spring on the solenoid (but i'm guessing that'll affect the performance somehow.. not really sure tho...)

AnArchist_1944
11-24-2004, 01:01 PM
take off the manual trigger rod and and mode selector and boom its turny legal no bounce in hybrid or manual. but if you want the manual/hybrid mode still without bounce then your SOL because the ULT shotstrokes like a mofo.

Dayspring
11-24-2004, 03:00 PM
If he takes the trigger rod out, then he doesn't HAVE manual or Hybrid...

Reduce the input pressure to the valve by using an adjustable tank. That will get rid of the bounce. Or up the SHBF setting on 3.2 software.

White_Noise
11-24-2004, 03:57 PM
bounce in hyrid is almost always a given because the trigger has 2 points at which it fires, the mech one and the electric one. however, manual can be made not to bounce just like an rt can be made not to bounce, because it is essentially the same thing at that point.

Jotsy
11-24-2004, 04:47 PM
so turning the pressure down will reduce the bounce in manual? will that affect the fps in any way?

will adjusting the shot buffer actually help fix the bounce in hybrid? cos as i understand it, the shot buffer just determines when to start looking for the next shot from the electronics ... but the second shot in hybrid would be a mechanical one...

warbeak2099
11-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Adjusting down your input pressure will not effect your fps. Tur your tank down to around 800psi, 700psi at the least. Then chrony your marker and it should be fine.

Titansu
11-24-2004, 07:34 PM
If he takes the trigger rod out, then he doesn't HAVE manual or Hybrid...

Reduce the input pressure to the valve by using an adjustable tank. That will get rid of the bounce. Or up the SHBF setting on 3.2 software.

Exactly! By removing the trigger rod, the only option you have to fire the marker is via the electronics. Why not just rotate to "E"? If you want more pull, back out your selector switch set screw to get more travel. I personally would rather "dick" with a set screw than remove the trigger rod.

Jotsy
11-25-2004, 04:12 AM
the whole point is that i want the manula mode to fall back on in case the battery dies or the electronics fail.