PDA

View Full Version : Automag upgrades

amrani
11-24-2004, 12:46 PM
Hey, im getting an automag (my first one :rofl: im so happy) on friday. its a 68 classic and everything is stock, except a j&j ceramic barrel.

i was wondering what upgrades i should get for it, i would prefer the lightest thing in each class. for a loader, i have a qloader, and wont give that up for the world, it so sweet.

i still need a nitrotank, and was hoping for opinions on that.

also, will a ule warp feed body work with the qloader?

i was also looking at a logic vert frame v1.1 or a y frame. or, i might wait for the hAir trigger. need some opinions on this too.

im gonna get an xvalve so dont bother recommending that or the lv 10 , x comes with it (right?) and ill probally get a ult

i heard rogue rail is the lightest one out there is this true? if not, which one is and how much will it set me back

i have heard nothing but good feedback on the stiffi barrels, LMK your opinion

i was looking at this new foregrip by PTP that you just screw the tank into (found here http://www.proteamdirect.com/proteam/inverbotfor1.html) , or a major drop, once again, i need opinions

ill probally stick with a regular foregrip, not 15* because of the qloader and its mounting requirements, but again, im open to opinions

all posts will be read and throughly regarded unless it is retarded

Thanks

--amrani--

Chronobreak
11-24-2004, 01:04 PM
get w/e you wan thters tons of upgrades

check out roguefactor in dealers along with coolhand,tunaman

ive had all frames 45*/y-grip and vert i love my vert i cant stand 45* anymore and i like y-grips alot(if playing tight)

no one really nows how far the pneu triggers are off at this time so might just be better off buying w/e frame you want.

roguerails are def light if ule milled as for the lightest.......i cant confirm but collhand does have some REALLY small uber milled am/mm bodies worth checking out.

barrels...a barrel is a barrel

dono if i like that forgrip/drop thing....

TheDuelist
11-24-2004, 01:06 PM
For A tank you can't go wrong with a Crossfire system unless you want an adjustable. For an adjustable tank you might want to look into Dynaflow or a Flatline. Logic makes a really nice frame bt then again so does Rogue Factor. Take a look at both and see which one appeals to you more. They are both in the dealer section. Rogue rails are some of the nicest around and are pretty light. I have no information about weiht but they are right up there with the best. I have never used a Stiffi barrel but I have used the J&J and have always loved it. It is a really nice barrel for the money so that is a personal preference. I don't use either of the feed systems you refer to so I can't offer an opinion there. As far as the fore grip goes there are so many to chose from. It might take some time to find the one for you. I have a Rogue grip on my RT Pro which looks and feels great. Check them out. Hope this helps.

Chronobreak
11-24-2004, 01:08 PM
oh and about the warp. warps are nice and the left warp WILL fit but the rail will need a notch milled in it so they fit nicely.

Link44
11-24-2004, 01:11 PM
for a nitro tank, crossfire tanks are really good (make sure its high input preasure too), but if u have the extra cash then definately get an adjustible tank. you'll love that if u get the ULT.

ULE body will work w/ the Qloader

although i do not have a logic vert frame or a y grip, i like the vert frame over the y grip. but thats just my opinion. and about the hAir it seems like it will never come out, but i am still waiting

the lvl 10 does come w/ the xvavle

and i don't have any experioence with the rest of ur questions so i'll leave that to the rest of AO

-Link44

amrani
11-24-2004, 01:21 PM
it seems that my question on this topic was mis understood. i was asking if the warp style body would be compatable with the qloader. the only reason i ask this, is because the profile would be wicked small like that.

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
11-24-2004, 01:42 PM
it seems that my question on this topic was mis understood. i was asking if the warp style body would be compatable with the qloader. the only reason i ask this, is because the profile would be wicked small like that.
I don't see why it wouldn't work with a Q-loader. It force feeds balls similarly to the warp feed. All you might need to get is the 90* adapter for the warpfeed from the AGD Store.

amrani
11-24-2004, 01:51 PM
thats what i was thinking, just wanted to make sure tho before i dished $150 out for a body

Hexis
11-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Yes, the Warp body does work well with a Qloader.

slade
11-24-2004, 04:09 PM
actually from your post it looks like you want to fully upgrade your marker at once, in which case it would actually be cheaper to just buy a new mag. you can PM a dealer here such as rogue or tunaman, and they will set you up. it will be cheaper and faster than buying each upgrade seperately, and they will tune the marker for you. Then if you want anything that they dont sell, which may just be the tank, hopper, drop and barrel, you can buy them seperately. Unless i am mistaken and you didnt want to get a lot of upgrades or upgrade all at once, that would be the best thing to do. you could then sell the classic or keep it as a backup.

amrani
11-24-2004, 05:07 PM
no, im sorry if i made it sound that way, this is just a plan for a bout a year and a half or more, not all at once.

dont have a steady income as i am 14, and im not made of money like some of the people these days

Chronobreak
11-24-2004, 05:09 PM
the q-loader will work fine...however im nto sure where u plan on mounting it...

might need to watch out for the last few balls that just kinda sit int eh tube theyr more liekly to break if your not paying attention

amrani
11-24-2004, 05:27 PM
i planned on using the cms to mount the qloader like they have in the pics, just off to the side. ill try to attach a pic of that, but if you have ne better ideas.....im open to suggestions
http://www.qloader.com/info/pictures.html#cms_pictures

amrani
11-25-2004, 02:24 PM
bumpity

need more opinions plz :D

shatter_storm
11-25-2004, 03:55 PM
If you're planning on upgrading all of that within a decent timeframe (3 months?) then you're better off just buying the parts all at once and making a new mag out of it.

Cheap upgrade paths:
Warp it - ULE Warp body or PF/R PF/L body and put your q-loader to it. ULE Warp bodies can be hard to find used, but powerfeed right or left are literally laying around everywhere, so if you don't mind the weight then go with it. Keep the rail, valve, and the rest as-is. Classic valve will let you use CO2 while you save up for a nitro tank and xvalve.

Bounce Mania - XValve and an adjustable tank, probably want a double trigger frame of some sort. This gets pricy, since the xvalves cost so much and so will a good adjustable nitro system. Look at spending at least $500 if you get everything new at rock-bottom prices, more if you buy a nicer HPA system.

The 2lb mag - Xvalve, stock carbon fiber grip, no frontgrip, ULE'd stock rail/alpha/omega/gamma/etc rails, 45/4500 HPA tank, then whatever loader (your Q fits the bill).

Or you could do what I did and spend $1500 on your mech 'mag. Not entirely worth it, and not really doable since you're 14?

In any event, I'd leave it as a heavy brick for now - buy the CMS for your q-loader and play around with different ways of strapping it on. Maybe splurge a bit and go for a ULE warp body so you can get it to tuck tighter, but if you've got a powerfeed body a plug for it will do the same thing. Save up for a while, test out different gear at a local shop if you can, see what fits your playstyle and your budget. After all, you'll need money for paint :P

shatter_storm
11-25-2004, 03:59 PM
Oh yeah, and if you want to trick it out completely:

Karta body or Dallara body/rail
Xvalve
I/Y/Z/Vert frame depending on your pref
15* ASA (rogue's)
clamping feedneck (also rogue's, but there's others on the market)
drops to suit your personal preference (can't help you there)
adjustable HPA tank (I like my dynaflow, can recommend armageddons)
barrel kit (can recommend stiffi switch, empire 7-piece, and the pipe kit)
ULT
matching anno job to make it look mint

If you buy all of this, the only original parts you'll have left over at the end is the sear and the screws holding it all together.

Rift
11-25-2004, 04:17 PM
all the above upgraids ppl recomended are great things to buy for the mag, if your gonna have an x-valve and want to get absolutly the most you can out of it you should fo with an adjustable tank in which case i would recomend either the max-flow or the flatline 4500.

amrani
11-25-2004, 05:25 PM
thanks for all the info shatter

im thinkin im gonna get the
1. a j&j edge kit (found a killer price and cant let it slip thourgh my fingers $60 BRAND NEW!)
2. cms for the q
3. a warp ule body
4. logic vert frame
5. a ****load of money for an adjustable tank and an x

thanks for your input to everyone who helped

edit: and by the way, what is a good, yet cheep adjustable tank?

doubbleee edit: is the Air America Me'lee Nitrogen System 3000 psi. system adjustable? i found it here http://www.jandrweldingsupply.com/paintball/Nitrogen.html (http://www.jandrweldingsupply.com/paintball/Nitrogen.html)