PDA

View Full Version : Autococker: so MANY and so little TIME

Bob_da_Splatman
11-25-2004, 10:05 AM
I was in the market for a new gun and was thinking along the lines of a mini orracle but im unsure of the most advanced versions because as always I want the best. So with that in mind what should I be looking for.

Deep Sixx
11-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Do you want an electronic or mechanical?

sixx

NukeGoose
11-25-2004, 10:30 AM
There's a guy here that has a Mini-Orracle, and it's great. If you want the best autococker that WGP has to offer, get a Karnivor. There are so many things that you can do to an autococker that it's tough to say which is the 'best', as a lot of it is opinion. You might also want to consider a halfblock-type cocker. The PBX cocker looks pretty promising but I haven't heard much about it, and you can never go wrong with a FreeFlow.

Deep Sixx
11-25-2004, 10:59 AM
You could also build your own from the ground up. That way you get exactly what you want, and there are some gorgeous custom bodies out there.

sixx

GT
11-25-2004, 11:03 AM
CCM seriesV. all other cockers are shallow in comparison to the price

Adrenaline_Junkie
11-25-2004, 11:11 AM
My raced freeflow was the best er ive ever owned. Docs Fastback (i think thats what they are called) er kits are pretty sweet as well.

VFX_Fenix
11-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Whilsts I was in attendance of the Commander's Cup a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to chat with the CCM guys and play around with their AutoCocking guns, They were really cool, their guns were amazing, they felt solid and even the mechanical Serries 5's were oh so fast. I remember the second day they had an eBlade 2 mounted on one of their guns and they were laughing at the booth, I walked over and had a look to see what they were laughing about. Turned out they were laughing at the "demo mode" of the EB2 which ammounted to 2-3 shots per pull.

I also had the oportunity to look at the new Raceguns while I was there. The guys behind the table were kinda funny, but I noticed that the Raceguns felt very toy-ish compaired to the Serries 5 and J2. I also noticed that the fit and finish of the guns they had there was rather poor compaired to even a Stock AC from WGP and their stock barrels... well I won't go into that too heavily but I think that Brass Eagle could have done a much better job making their barrels for them. Their 2 piece barrels had serious issues with allignment of the controll bore to the tip, I had a look at the 5 sets they had on display and only one of the was remotely close to being lined up.

So anyway... Of all the Cockers I saw in San Diego, I have to give Chipley the cup for Best Of Show. The difference between the Serries 5 and J2 is milling and color. Support some great guys and buy a Chiply :D

oneworld
11-25-2004, 12:10 PM
this one here will do you nicely ;)

and if people say its high maintenance.. well.. soo what.. lifetime warranty!

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=156709

WARPED1
11-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Get a Hybrid, muck better than an Autococker IMO.
http://powerlyte.com/asp/prodtype.asp?prodtype=57&PT_MasterCategory=y

lew
11-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Build your own. It's fun and the result can be better than ANY available Cocker. That's what I did. No regrets and, and not a whole lot of money spent. Not trying to brag, but my Mini Cocker gets over 2000 shots from and 88/45, is smooth as butter, it can pinch paint, is light (2.2 lbs.), and looks great to boot.

If you want to wimp out and buy one premade, CCM is the way to go. But, build your own.

GT
11-25-2004, 01:44 PM
my slab sided series V weighs right at 2.4 lbs, full sized body, w/o barrel. They are amazingly light. I cant imgine how lite a j2 is.

Bob_da_Splatman
11-25-2004, 08:17 PM
I would Build one from scratch but I dont know how they work fully thats the way i was when i got my automag I bought one then built one and sold the original....but I have to see it and destroy it then rebuild it to know how they work........so maybe a cheap one to learn the workings then build the badass one.??

magman007
11-25-2004, 08:21 PM
if you want the best cocker, then you need to look at a belsales Evolution x, or a nexus cocker with an e2 on it. those are gunna be your best bet on cockers

phantomhitman
11-25-2004, 10:05 PM
here is my gun that was posted in the for sale forum.
:hail:

e-orracle for sale (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=159615)

WARPED1
11-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Next time, make yourself a for sale thread in B/S/T, then link to it, this is a good way to get this thread closed. :eek: