PDA

View Full Version : barrel length/chops

jdaniels
11-25-2004, 03:53 PM
does barrel length and chops have anything to do with each other. On my spyder i chop balls and seem to have more barrel breaks with my teardrop 14, but i can put my stock on there and no problems. I have a reloader B and it will still chop on the fastest setting with 6 batteries. This is messin with my head, i want to buy a new gun, but i would still like to get this gun working. Oh yea i have a t board installed and a lighter switch is whyit will fire that quick, guess i need to put the eyes on there. What do you guys think about that. Is there any relationship.

Flow_Tech
11-25-2004, 03:55 PM
it might be your paint to barrel match.

xXHavokXx
11-25-2004, 04:25 PM
it might be your paint to barrel match.

Exactly. Your teardrop may be smaller than your other barrels and your paint may be huge.

Sac
11-25-2004, 05:09 PM
are you getting chops or barrel breaks? theres a big diffrence in diagnosing the problem unless we know how the paint is breaking.

when u break paint is there paint all ovr the bolt and up in the feedneck? (chops)

or is the barrel just really dirty? (barrel/paint match or paint quality)

jdaniels
11-25-2004, 05:42 PM
its both. Some times it chops so bad paint will squirt out of my eye covers( they are timmy covers that hold the dual detents in). And sometimes it will break down the barrel. I am pretty sure that both barrels are almost the same size. could be a small difference. i just thought the longer barrel maybe they are hitting in the barrel. i know this is almomst impossible. but i am just wandering.

MonsterMag
11-25-2004, 05:45 PM
are you getting chops or barrel breaks? theres a big diffrence in diagnosing the problem unless we know how the paint is breaking.

when u break paint is there paint all ovr the bolt and up in the feedneck? (chops)

or is the barrel just really dirty? (barrel/paint match or paint quality)

yes , a tuned level 10 mag WILL NOT CHOP , however it may break them in the barrel ;)

Also spyder has came out with a anit - chop bold, you my want to consider it :cheers:

68magOwner
11-25-2004, 06:07 PM
your detents cant handel a reloader b, or they are broken would be my guess

jdaniels
11-25-2004, 07:20 PM
the detents i think are fine. I dont get double feeds since adding the second one. I guess i will just have to use the stock barrel. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

xXHavokXx
11-25-2004, 09:18 PM
I have a 10 a 12 a 14 a 16 and an 18 inch tip for my boomsticks. I never chop when I cnange tips. I think the problem is your paint. What kind of paint are you using?

jdaniels
11-25-2004, 11:03 PM
its actually 4 month old rec sport. I bought a lot of casses at a byop day at waynes world, and i still have a few cases. I get really hugh velocity fluctuations with it also. i was hoping it was something simple like that.

thanks guys.

TheTramp
11-26-2004, 05:52 PM
its actually 4 month old rec sport. I bought a lot of casses at a byop day at waynes world, and i still have a few cases. I get really hugh velocity fluctuations with it also. i was hoping it was something simple like that.

thanks guys.

It sounds like you've found the problem. Between the old paint and the fluctuations you;ve got a real chance of paint breaking.

If you jumped 30fps between two balls at a really fast bps then you really could be getting two balls hitting in the barrel for example.