PDA

View Full Version : out of tolerance 6-Pak bodies

TAW
11-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Did anyone else get a body that was not drilled in the correct place for the 12g lever? Airgun Designs tried to sell some but there was no interest. I got one just to see if there was some easy fix and there is.

Since the hole in the body was drilled wrong but it is painted and laser engraved I chose to modify the lever. here is what I did:

-Press out the pivot pin, remove lever and set everything else aside but the lever.
-Using calipers find the center of the hole on the lever and mark it.
-Useing stainless steel as a backing plate fill holes. I used a MIG for a clean weld. Regular mild steel welding rod does not like to weld to the stainless plate.
-Grind the welds flush, find the old center of the pivot pin and then move it forwards around .030-.040" redrill new pivot hole making sure everything is level, square and clamped down tight. I found a piece of ss plate the same width as the gap between the ears of the lever so I left the plate in place and drilled through everything at once.
-Double check everything lines up and works properly.
-There is the set screw for the lever on the side that I pressed out of the old body and pressed into the new one but I'm too lazy to type how to do it.

Did the count for the serial numbers on the bodies start at zero?

Muzikman
11-25-2004, 06:56 PM
I did not pick any up, mainly because I don't see a purpose in them. Since there is no valve, what good is it? Now if it was a complete 6-pak with the lever in the wrong place, I would have bought them all and found a way to fix them.

Edit: Not sure where the serial numbers started at, but very few AGD products started at 0.

TAW
11-25-2004, 07:21 PM
I bought one because mine was used and abused. Even Toms idea was that these things are old and some people actualy used theirs so they got beat up.

AGD
11-25-2004, 10:09 PM
I figured someone with a beat up body would want a nice new one to put the parts on. Heck if someone offered me a brand new 89 Camaro body that needed an engine I would have to own it.

AGD

Muzikman
11-25-2004, 10:10 PM
What about a brand new Camaro body with no engine and the doors in the wrong place?;)

Destructo6
11-26-2004, 12:03 AM
What about a brand new Camaro body with no engine and the doors in the wrong place?
Like Carrol Shelby's continuation Cobra/Mustangs that go for about $100k?

Eh, people buy DEWAT guns all the time ($1500 for a replica FG42 type 2).

Creative Mayhem
11-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Hey TAW.. thanks for the heads up! I got one sitting here, the solution i had in mind was to change the wheel on the lever that contacts the 12gram. Your solution sounds better, now all i need is the rest of the parts :(

If you can add some more pics it would be a little more helpful. Thanks

MindJob
11-26-2004, 01:11 PM
I figured someone with a beat up body would want a nice new one to put the parts on. Heck if someone offered me a brand new 89 Camaro body that needed an engine I would have to own it.

AGD

OR,... an X-vavle with the "X" in the wrong place....

D'oh

pump
11-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Do Micro CA IIs and Six Packs use the same valve?

TAW
11-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Yes I think they use the same valve but were you'll have problems is that mag feed spring. IIRC Tom had to make them because no one else did.

CM-I was in tinker mode so I didn't take as much pictures as I should of.

Creative Mayhem
11-26-2004, 04:02 PM
CM-I was in tinker mode so I didn't take as much pictures as I should of.

Dude, you suck ;)

If only I had a functioning 6pak, then i could do something... I want a 6pack dammit! :cuss:

Thunder Bunny
11-26-2004, 10:59 PM

AGD
Is that own like legal posession, or own like "I pwned that guy"?