PDA

View Full Version : Jumpin' jumpers Batman!

dougs
11-05-2001, 06:14 PM
I just got my Emag upgrade back last week and got it all gassed up and ready to shoot over the weekend. I actually read the manual and watched the video (okay, it took me 2 to 3 sessions and a lot of rewinding to the points where I fell asleep) to see how it all worked and how to set it.

However, there are some things missing from my mag and from the manuals/video.

1. The jumper to make the Emag select fire is missing from my new gun, so all I can do is single-shot and not have the option to go select-fire or even full-auto. (I have emailed AGD today, so I'm sure I'll get an answer quickly and hopefully the jumper). I know the likely-hood of ever being able to go full-auto probably won't happen at any public game, but I would like the option of knowing how to set the jumpers up.
I've seen the little video of it shooting full-auto without using the Warp-feed, so I know it is possible, and assume it is just by putting the wire to a different pin on the 6-prong connector (of which you use 2), but I don't want to burn out my board or cause any dammage to "my baby." Anyone know the correct pins to hook up?

2. Rate of Fire - I see I can adjust the ROF from 6 to 15 balls (I think that is the range), but why would I adjust this? Especially since I can only fire one ball per trigger pull. If I set this value to the low end, is it more possible to chop a ball or something? Any advantages to setting to either the MAX or the MIN value for semi-auto play?

3. Anyone know where to get some neoprene so i can make a battery cover? I don't want it getting all beat up. I tried fabric stores and the hardware store, but no luck.

cheers

doug

Miscue
11-05-2001, 06:17 PM
There is no full auto feature. You shouldn't have to fool with anything besides the buttons on the rear of the grip frame... you should be able to find its burst modes, which are capped at 9bps. I would just leave it on semi and maybe set it to 16bps.

You can set your bps to as high as your loader can handle.

Load SM5
11-05-2001, 06:23 PM
There's a chance you don't have any enhanced modes since newer emags are going to be semi only.

Why don't you just buy a tank covor instead of trying to make one? You can get cheap ones for around $10.

FaSSt
11-05-2001, 06:53 PM
1. Scuba shop

2. Ebay

Dubstar112
11-05-2001, 07:05 PM
Anyone know where to get some neoprene so i can make a battery cover? I don't want it getting all beat up. I tried fabric stores and the hardware store, but no luck.

he wants to make a battery cover, not a tank cover... like he said scuba shops always have neoprene(experience will tell you this)

Load SM5
11-05-2001, 07:07 PM
Woop sorry, dang my pathetic speed-reading skills.

Russ
11-05-2001, 07:15 PM
1.Dunno about making a "custom" jumper.

2.If you set the ROF to 8 (my gun goes from 8 to 16bps), the software will limit you to that ROF, no matter how fast you pull the trigger. This can be a good thing. When things get crazy, it's easy to out-shoot the hopper. Set it on 8 and try to fan the trigger, you'll see.

3.The dive shop I get my SCUBA's filled at were kind enough to give me some neoprene scraps. I used mine to make tank covers that fit in between the Lok-Soks.

KayleAGD
11-05-2001, 07:32 PM
For a battery cover , go to a gun shop and see if there is a hogue slip on grip that will fit..

dougs
11-06-2001, 09:07 AM
Thanks for all the replies on this.

Will have to scan Radio Shack or Fry's Electronics then for the connector. I can see what wires to hook up from the video and pics.

ds

cphilip
11-06-2001, 10:02 AM
Mine also seems to lack the Burst Mode jumper. I am not sure they are shipping with it as the Video indicates. I have not taken the grip panel off to look but I get no repsonse to the lower button when I am showing "1 shot" so I am assuming its not there. Will ahve to take it apart and see. I also seem to not be able to change BPS. Always on 16 and doesn't respond to the lower button. But I wouldn't change it anyway so no biggy. Not sure I would need or want either of them except for demonstration purposes to "the Guys" and all. :D

dougs
11-06-2001, 10:16 AM
That's why i want the jumper - for "demonstration" purposes. I know I cannot use burst mode anywhere or full-auto, but I would like to take it to the firing range and just unload with it sometimes.

I know I'll always be in single-shot mode when playing. Even if I have the jumper I'll probably leave it out so that I cannot be accused of cheating.

-------
doug
2001 Emag upgrade
- minimag regulator