PDA

View Full Version : anyone home anno?

rifleman wi
11-26-2004, 01:08 PM
anyone have a home annoing setup? because im have 4 pieces that i would like annoed.. but i dont want to pay $70 for a place to do it....thanx in advance...

Blazestorm
11-26-2004, 01:16 PM
www.maxanodizing.com can do like 4 parts for 75 shipped.

They hooked my friend up with some timmy parts for 75 (4 pieces)

Talk to them :D

rifleman wi
11-26-2004, 01:21 PM
thanx.. but i was looking for a person who i could send them to and they could do them for way cheeper...

Blazestorm
11-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Doubtful, it's a pretty difficult process and under 100 bucks for any annodizing is un-heard of.

Good luck in your search

Gambit1106
11-26-2004, 01:49 PM
I know Titansu set one up himself, but had problems with getting it to work properly all the time. Plus I doubt anyone would want to take the chances of screwing up your pieces.

rifleman wi
11-26-2004, 01:52 PM
the pieces i want annoed were made on a mill and lathe... so if they got messed up i could either make new ones or polish/ sand them down....

MindJob
11-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Send these guys an e-mail

http://nelsoncountycustoms.com/

GT
11-26-2004, 08:51 PM
there is a recent thread on PBN in the ICD forum from a b2k owner who did a killer home anno. search around I saw it in the last week or so.

gt

frop
11-26-2004, 08:54 PM
home anno setups can be costly. I'm trying to electroplate my trigger, & it looks like it's gonna be $200+ for the setup. After that tho, I'd be able to elctroplate many more things than my trigger...

Deathshadow9k
11-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Alot of people still dont understand the reason why there is almost always going to be a large minimum cost for annodizing because of the hazmat charges which you cant get around. The only way around these prices is either if they are doing many pieces in bulk, or they are doing illegal disposal of the chemicals afterwards.....good luck in your search tho....

shatter_storm
11-27-2004, 02:29 AM
I'd do it, under a few conditions:
* No guarantees about the quality, though I will redo pieces as long as tolerances arn't a huge deal
* You'll pay shipping both ways
* You can wait a week or two for me to find a couple hours to do the run
* Single color anno

If you can live with those rules then tell me how big the parts are, I can probably zap 'em for you.

shatter_storm
11-27-2004, 02:34 AM
Alot of people still dont understand the reason why there is almost always going to be a large minimum cost for annodizing because of the hazmat charges which you cant get around. The only way around these prices is either if they are doing many pieces in bulk, or they are doing illegal disposal of the chemicals afterwards.....good luck in your search tho....

You don't have to "dispose" of anything other than the cleaning solvents you use to prep the surface. I've been using the same acids, sealers, and dyes for quite a few batches of parts. The large minimum charge is to cover part prep, equipment costs (big!), operator time, and providing an exclusive service. Not every schmuck has the guts to play with high current and acid, though a bunch tempt darwin trying (including me).

player4
11-27-2004, 01:07 PM
http://warpig.com/paintball/technical/anodize.shtml

don't know if this has been posted but here this is