PDA

View Full Version : Twisted - My Fresh New Hotness!!!

LudavicoSoldier
11-26-2004, 02:35 PM
I just picked this baby up on the cheap! Its an early edition Boston Paintball Twister cocker! I have been after one of these since the day they came out! Gotta rep the 617!

It is going to be getting a complete Nexus kit (LPR, ram, internals, etc.), a E2, the WWA Freakaboomer, and a Sidewinder, all match anod to the body kit. It currently has a Palmer nose and a old shocktech nylon bolt.

These were released in 98/99, FAR before JMJ released their featherlight milling. At the time, they were the most unique cockers out there (aside from the westwood). I personally think that the Twister is alot cooler than the Westwood, simply because Freeflow ripped the Westy milling and played it out with the Millenium series. I prefer the early Twisters to the newer "clamshell" Twisters, as the milling on the earlier ones is alot more defined than on the newer ones (save for the latest ones before they were discontinued).

Check it out:

http://idisk.mac.com/dgreening/Public/Twister1.jpg

http://idisk.mac.com/dgreening/Public/Twister2.jpg

chairman_mao
11-26-2004, 02:38 PM
:wow: :wow: :wow:

:clap: :cheers: :cheers:

slade
11-26-2004, 02:45 PM
NICE!! im not a huge fan of the milling, but that ano! :eek: i cant wait to see that fully upgraded. I never knew that bostonpaintball did so much, they invented a pneumatic trigger frame before DW or PTP and now you show me this!! i just wounder why they dont really have anything custom anymore :confused: not enough profit from it or something? oh well whatever, congrats on the new marker! how much was it? and any chance you want to go team night at bpb sometime soon and let me see it in person/test it out? :p :D

Creative Mayhem
11-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Nice, I remember those when they first came out. If I were a cocker guy, I too would be hunting for one like you.

LudavicoSoldier
11-26-2004, 02:52 PM
I think BPS stopped doing "custom" items because there is simply not a large enough market for it. Paintballers seem to be perfectly happy having the same gun everyone else has (at least at the tourny level). The Twisters that they currently have have been sitting on the walls for a LONG time. I dont know if BPS still does custom(er) milling or ano anymore either...

The era of retail paintball is upon us. Custom items/shops cant compete with the larger companies who release new "custom" guns every 6 months. Like Apple says: "Think Different"!

WARPED1
11-26-2004, 03:57 PM
Nuce, Toxic Toys stole that milling and put it on thier Tribals, calling it the "Twister". Same with the BBT, and the Fluster too! Thieves.............(Toxic, since BPS had it first!)

LudavicoSoldier
11-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Nuce, Toxic Toys stole that milling and put it on thier Tribals, calling it the "Twister". Same with the BBT, and the Fluster too! Thieves.............(Toxic, since BPS had it first!)

Toxic actually licensed the milling design from BPS. BPS was selling the Tribal Twisters when they first came out as well.

LudavicoSoldier
11-26-2004, 05:46 PM
The acid wash is actually much darker than the pics show, due to the flash illuminating the lighter shades (red). It looks like cooling lava in real life.

Enemy
11-26-2004, 06:12 PM
thats awesome and i love the single trigger on a double trigger guard.. make sure to get pics of it all when you finish.. maybe even get wwa you mill it back for the freak and math mill that thing that would look amazing!

White Wolf
11-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Its actually one of the Twister-Lite Bodies they sold. The true full twisters had the through body milling between the upper and lower tubes.

Still a great looking gun and one of the first 3d milling designs ever brought to PB.

SpecialBlend2786
11-26-2004, 07:24 PM
yummy :)

50 cal
11-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Nice find!

Halliday
11-27-2004, 09:04 PM
Old school reg :shooting:

LudavicoSoldier
11-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Old school reg :shooting:

also known as "the beef".

Evil1
11-28-2004, 03:29 AM
That is cool. That is definitely one of the coolest cockers I've ever seen.