PDA

View Full Version : Owner's Group Division at IAPTE?

Furby
11-28-2004, 10:17 AM
As you may or may not know, I'm one of the promoters for an event set to go down next year in Tampa. If you don't know, check out www.iapte.com .

Now that that is out of the way, we've been asked if we're going to have an Owner's Group Division. To be honest, we've talked about it a little, but it's tough to make a decision without input from the players...if you want an Owner's Group Division, let us know on the IAPTE website, or just reply here.

Muzikman
11-28-2004, 10:47 AM
An OGD would be cool, but you better make someone at IAPTE the point man for this. The organization of the OGD at IAO last year was a lot of work and this was an event that a lot of people from different owners groups was already coming. An OGD is something that you have to go around to the different owners groups and pretty much beg them and pound on them until you find enough people there interested. Even then you will have teams where not all the people will show up. (example: Intimidator owners group. I think 2 of the 5 people on the original roster actully showed up.)

Also keep in mind that all the owners groups I have talked so far as still planning on playing IAO again this year.

magman007
11-28-2004, 08:49 PM
All i know is that MOG is still planning on playing IAO this year, and im happy about this. Kevin worked his arse off to make it work, and is planning on doing it again. also with IAPTE so close to IAO, i think it would not be cool to step in on something already in swing