PDA

View Full Version : e/x mag

Maggot6
11-28-2004, 12:27 PM
I was thnking that once I got more into paintball and a job that I would get an E or Xmag...And I was wondering why they went out of production?

Glickman
11-28-2004, 12:34 PM
before people flood your head with anti-smart parts propaganda, lemme explain :D

smart parts patened elecropneu part of paintball guns, therefore, all electropneu's were supposedly in violation. so agd was forced to stop production. i dont know if they still produce them in the uk.

im looking to get a x or e soon as well, and when i do, ill have a shocker and a e/x-mag. hehe weird combination.

MonsterMag
11-28-2004, 12:40 PM
before people flood your head with anti-smart parts propaganda, lemme explain :D

smart parts patened elecropneu part of paintball guns, therefore, all electropneu's were supposedly in violation. so agd was forced to stop production. i dont know if they still produce them in the uk.

im looking to get a x or e soon as well, and when i do, ill have a shocker and a e/x-mag. hehe weird combination.

what he said :D

Maggot6
11-28-2004, 01:05 PM
So you said that they might be still in production in the U.K...Would it cost like, 100$ to get it shipped here?

WARPED1
11-28-2004, 01:05 PM

What you're forgetting to tell him, is that Smart Parts offered any company producing an electro to pay a fee. AKA and AGD decided not to pay. Whereas every(just about) other company, like NPS/Empire, and DYE, decided to pay the fee.

slade
11-28-2004, 01:08 PM
um, an e/x mag is a sear tripper, not electropneumatic. and i think SP claimed their patent covered the use of electronics to fire a pb marker, not just electropneumatics.

an e/x mag is a good choice, but you might also want to look into freestyles, vikings, and matrices.

Glickman
11-28-2004, 01:10 PM
So you said that they might be still in production in the U.K...Would it cost like, 100$ to get it shipped here?

it costs $100 to ship a airsoft gun to the US from Japan, so i would imagine it being a little less, but probably close to that.

TMAXXKING1
11-28-2004, 01:17 PM
agd still sells emags they just dont make any more of them .... they are still in stock... they are $999.00 made to order

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.catalog&categoryID=86

there is the link

Kevmaster
11-28-2004, 01:21 PM
since all that has been said before was pure balony.....

AGD stopped production of the X because of sluggish sales and high cost (Those bodies took forever to make). AGD stopped the E-Mag as they wanted to go another direction: scenario (See: Tac-One). Smart Parts had very little to do if anything, with AGD's decisions.

As for the rest of the industry, Dye and NPS signed agreemnts with SP to continue production. SP sued and reached agreements with ICD and AKA. The details of which are not known. SP has had NO legal agreements/or talkings to with Kingman, Brass Eagle(JT & VL), or Worr (Eclipse included). And finally, WDP sued SP over their patent issues and currently is still producing electros.

Basically, AGD stopepd because they wanted to and SP's lawsuits of their proclaimed patent rights have basically been negligable in the industry.

Rift
11-28-2004, 01:26 PM
^ dang you beat me to it! it never had anything really to do with SP

-=Squid=-
11-28-2004, 01:31 PM

AGD stopped production of the X because of sluggish sales and high cost (Those bodies took forever to make). AGD stopped the E-Mag as they wanted to go another direction: scenario (See: Tac-One). Smart Parts had very little to do if anything, with AGD's decisions.

As for the rest of the industry, Dye and NPS signed agreemnts with SP to continue production. SP sued and reached agreements with ICD and AKA. The details of which are not known. SP has had NO legal agreements/or talkings to with Kingman, Brass Eagle(JT & VL), or Worr (Eclipse included). And finally, WDP sued SP over their patent issues and currently is still producing electros.

Basically, AGD stopepd because they wanted to and SP's lawsuits of their proclaimed patent rights have basically been negligable in the industry.
Good god im glad you posted. Prior to you, every post was completely wrong. Especially WARPED1.

- Goro

justjoshin590
11-28-2004, 04:10 PM

agreed, they sued the companys they thought they could get the most money from/were the biggest competition, and i dont think agd was stealing to much of sp profits in the electro market

islandboi
11-28-2004, 09:24 PM
you could find one used....

RRfireblade
11-28-2004, 09:41 PM
I'll just add this to the discussion as something to keep in mind,

The Smart Parts Patent did/does have a direct effect on AGD. It is one of the primary reasons AGD isn't developing a 'new' electronic marker or offering any advancements to thier existing electros. AGD will likely maintain that stance until there is some resolution in that regard.

Also,one's of Tom's big reasons for thier current position in the electronic marker market is,if at all possible, to stay off of SP's 'next' target list.