PDA

View Full Version : Intresting Emag comments at the field today...

GT
11-28-2004, 06:39 PM
Brightman and I were playing at Katy pb today. I was testing out a CCM SV and he was using his emag. He runs inside to get a fill and is gone for a few minutes. When he comes back he tells me this great convo with manager/owner/operator guy. He had said they dont carry emags becuase they quote: Werent going the direction they wanted to. I have no clue WTF that means. I ran brightman's emag for one last fill and the guy behind the counter loved the trigger, he sat there and walked it while it was filling.

Take home message, emags are not aGG.......... darn.

Will Wood
11-28-2004, 07:00 PM
What the ...

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

MonsterMag
11-28-2004, 07:05 PM
If he never owned a emag than he should judge them :mad:

-=Squid=-
11-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Brightman and I were playing at Katy pb today. I was testing out a CCM SV and he was using his emag. He runs inside to get a fill and is gone for a few minutes. When he comes back he tells me this great convo with manager/owner/operator guy. He had said they dont carry emags becuase they quote: Werent going the direction they wanted to. I have no clue WTF that means. I ran brightman's emag for one last fill and the guy behind the counter loved the trigger, he sat there and walked it while it was filling.

I don't get it. I wouldn't carry a product if I didn't like the direction the company was going in either. At least he has a legitimate reason, and not something to the likes of "MAGS SUX LOL."

- Goro

GT
11-28-2004, 07:51 PM
I don't get it. I wouldn't carry a product if I didn't like the direction the company was going in either. At least he has a legitimate reason, and not something to the likes of "MAGS SUX LOL."

- Goro

I still dont understand what that means. Not sure who it was, owner or kid filling the tanks, the store was selling alot of sp stuff, I think we were the only ones that didnt have some kind of sp product on.

ilikePB
11-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Is the field geared toward tournaments and not woods? Considering AGD is going for the scenario group for now, maybe that has something to do with it.

BeaverEater
11-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Well if hes selling more electro guns now, AGD wouldnt be the route to take then.

Glickman
11-28-2004, 08:23 PM
I still dont understand what that means. Not sure who it was, owner or kid filling the tanks, the store was selling alot of sp stuff, I think we were the only ones that didnt have some kind of sp product on.

he probably doesnt like that they are going more towards senario rather then tourny.
i wouldnt condemn them, as atleast its a logical reason, but emags themselves are still tourny guns, and that doesnt make sense. it would be different if he said he wouldnt carry future agd products more senario oriented, but what he said made sense, but really didnt.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Well seeing as how AGD has stopped making E-mags I see no reason for stores to carry them.

GT
11-28-2004, 08:36 PM
All good reasons. Its an all speedball field. This would be the first time that I have gone to a field that is actually on the up and up on agd. To be honest I think the comment was more aimed towards the fact that agd doesnt make super bouncy guns in 10 different mills and colors.

I wonder, can anyone comment on the profit margin bewteen agd and other makes? My guess is that there are other markers that have a larger profit margin than agd.

Tunaman
11-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Most manufacturers have/provide the same profit margins...which is not too much. It's a dog eat dog world in the Paintball industry. Boy am I hungry now! :D

BlackVCG
11-29-2004, 11:06 PM
I can guarantee that Intimidators are cheaper than E-Mags to build and they cost more retail.

Primary reason is volume. Also, it's an overall cheaper design to produce.

Loud Tim
11-30-2004, 02:11 AM

thats because they bhh and one step above agg

ilikePB
11-30-2004, 05:49 PM
I can guarantee that Intimidators are cheaper than E-Mags to build and they cost more retail.

Primary reason is volume. Also, it's an overall cheaper design to produce.
Timmys have a lot more intricate milling to them which would cost extra, just something to think about.

FutureMagOwner
11-30-2004, 07:54 PM
that extra milling is the extra cost strapped on the basic models over the years plus legal things (like money towards the billion team guns they sell) and the base model is still 900 bucks if i recall...

anyway the comments i get about mine are usually that guns insane, and one time i got an offer of $1000 straight up for just the gun

Echo419
11-30-2004, 08:10 PM
If he never owned a emag than he should judge them :mad:
offtopic... but what are u going to do when u sell ur emag... :)

RiddalinJunkie08
11-30-2004, 08:13 PM
I think the last part of the origional post about emags not being agg and the guy not stocking them is because they don't look as great as guns like the DM4, all the timmies, and new angels. Pretty sells better than what (believe it or not) people think of as ugly. :confused: :eek:
-Mark