PDA

View Full Version : CONTEST TIME!! Fantasy Emag!!!!

AGD
11-05-2001, 09:07 PM
Guys and Girls Mom's and Dad's!

Yes in deed, step right up! IT'S ANOTHER CONTEST!! I was looking at the picture from the Fantasy Emag thread and it came to me, we should have a Create your Own Fantasy Emag contest!

Here is the deal, create an Emag picture that has similar quality to the one shown below. You can cut up existing pictures or make photorealistic renderings. I want to see stuff that looks COOL and REAL (as possible). I am looking for creative ideas on looks that can eventually be used in our gun line. I want pictures that make people on other forums say "is that REAL??".

First place by popular vote wins an RTpro!! Second runner up gets a Warp and custom Triggernomics Intellframe Trigger. Third and fourth places get custom Intellfirame Triggernomics Triggers!

Our own SHartley did such a great job handling the last one he is back for an encore! Thanks Sam!!

Get that Photoshop program humming I know you all will do a great job!!

AGD

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/fantasy.jpg

n1mr0d
11-05-2001, 09:13 PM
w00t i'm gonna win an rt pro!

hehe tom you have no idea.......i'll do anything for an rt

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
11-05-2001, 09:18 PM
Can we take the dream one that was made and import like a drop and everything in?

Tbone
11-05-2001, 09:20 PM
*quickly runs to the nearest supermarket and grabs the largest bottle of caffeine pills available*

There goes all my sleep Tom, another contest, and my life is once again on hold.

:D

Potatoboy
11-05-2001, 09:22 PM
2 Questions.

1. What's the deadline.
2. How many submissions per person.

FooTemps
11-05-2001, 09:38 PM
I won't have a chance but oh well...I'll try...

What's a good source of pics of emags, extremes, parts, etc?

PigSweat
11-05-2001, 09:40 PM
Aw man! How about a contest for those that have neither photoshop nor any knowledge of how to do such things?

FooTemps
11-05-2001, 09:42 PM
I can't photoshop very well but I WILL LEARN! I have to win that rt!!!!

Load SM5
11-05-2001, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by PigSweat
Aw man! How about a contest for those that have neither photoshop nor any knowledge of how to do such things?

No kidding. I don't know photoshop. Oh well, I'll just get by with my e-mag.:D

PigSweat
11-05-2001, 09:56 PM
*sniffle* I wish I had an E-MAG:(

FooTemps
11-05-2001, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5

No kidding. I don't know photoshop. Oh well, I'll just get by with my e-mag.:D

I just got photoshop a week ago and I'm trying to win...lol
I can't get by with an e-mag cuz I don't have one, I'm gonna buy a classic but the rt would be nice in my arsenal...

Load SM5
11-05-2001, 10:01 PM
Good luck guys. I can't wait to see what comes out of the heads of all you sick little monkeys!

deweasel697
11-05-2001, 10:58 PM
Yah im photoshopless too, oh well

E==Mag MAN
11-05-2001, 11:18 PM
Are u looking for something like this?

E==Mag MAN
11-05-2001, 11:25 PM
some like this?

gimp
11-06-2001, 12:05 AM
oh man! I'm working on this. Just give me some time. What's the deadline? A date and time would be perfect. I would work on it now, but I need sleep to pass my comp sci midterm. Unfortunatly, schoolwork is more important than paintball. That's hard to remember sometimes.

thei3ug
11-06-2001, 12:23 AM
is there a standard photo you want us all to work from, or do you want me to freehand it? :)

AGD
11-06-2001, 02:31 AM
GUYS GUYS!!

Do NOT post your pics! SHartley was going to post the rules right after my post but something got screwed up. We are going to display all the designs at the same time so no one copies anyone else. The contest is going to run for at least 2-3 weeks so you have time. For the non-photoshop people there will be another contest to Name the Fantasy after this one.

Hang tight and wait for SHartley.

AGD

Miscue I deleted your pic.

Jonneh
11-06-2001, 06:04 AM
This competition requires the use of Talent!

waaah! :[

shartley
11-06-2001, 07:23 AM
Well folks.... The Official Rules and Q&A Threads are up! (just need a Mod to Sticky them... oops, looks like we were thinking the same thing when I wrote this.. thanks)

You will see that most all of your questions so far are answered IN the Rules themselves. :)

Tom and I understood about the "Talent and Skills" issue and already discussed that before he posted this thread. As you can see, there WILL be another Contest suitable for the masses... you have not been forgotten. And you were not an "after thought"... you will see in Rule #13 about NOT naming your Marker, I put (hint hint). These rules were drafted before Tom even announced the contest.

So again, have fun, and let's see some quality work and creativity! I made the start submitting your entry(s) date one week after the contest officially started so that you would not feel the need to rush your work. You have 3 weeks... USE THEM. :D

Prezents
11-06-2001, 12:42 PM
Prezents blow's the dust off Fireworks and Freehand

FooTemps
11-06-2001, 06:09 PM
This is too hard... I guess I'll just go for another contest... I can't photoshop worth crap and I can't find any good tutorial sites or pics to work with...

shartley
11-07-2001, 07:34 AM
UP!

And Foo..... you have 3 weeks! You give up only after ONE day? Come on now. ;)

Don't expect it to come together in 15 minutes. If you need the full 3 weeks, USE it. That is why the contest is that long, to give those of you who are new to their software the chance to learn it and use it.

If it takes a couple hours (or even 1 hour) per night for 3 Weeks to make your graphic.. but you WIN, wouldn't that be worth it? You would have accomplished TWO things..... one is to Win the Prize, and the other is to LEARN the software. :) Then when Tom runs another contest like this, you will be even MORE prepared.

It is a win-win situation. So please don't give up. :D

synreal
11-07-2001, 01:18 PM
i am just curious how many people are planning on taking part in this contest.

btw - if you dont have photoshop, you can get a free trial of paint shop pro, or one of a miriad of other photo editing tools.

good luck, you'll need it ;)

hitmanng
11-08-2001, 09:25 AM
Hmm... I am off for the next month and my wife is in California next week. Maybe we will see shat the crip can do.........
Hitmanng

Riotz
11-09-2001, 12:42 PM
Good luck to everyone. This should be interesting :)

Defalcot
11-27-2001, 11:16 AM
I hope mine is enjoyed... Even if I don't win, it was still fun!

And, HECK! you guy's will get to enjoy it!
I did mine in Photoshop 5.5 and I made it totally freehand, with the exception of the barrel and valve.

Thanks, AGD for the opportunity to win!

Defalcot