PDA

View Full Version : Autoresponse frame- How much is it worth?

aPoCaLyPsE
11-28-2004, 09:40 PM
How much would a Proline Autoresponse frame in excellent condition go for these days?

rpm07
11-29-2004, 10:32 PM
anywhere from $75 to $100

fire1811
11-29-2004, 10:40 PM
personally i would pay much for it.

its one of those things that if you want it you will pay good money for it since you cant get them anymore.

Tyril
11-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Bought one for $85. Sold it for $85.

-mike

Koosh
11-30-2004, 12:23 AM
A year and a half ago I traded a guy my Dye Double trigger frame for an AR frame...

I then went and sold the AR frame on ebay last January and it went for about $110... I think that was the "high end" of what they'll sell for... I've seen them as low as $50 too, it really depends on the market and who you find to buy it.

alooney11
11-30-2004, 12:04 PM
at least one million dollars.

peewee
11-30-2004, 01:48 PM
Last month saw one sell on ebay for $140 ish. I was in the bidding for a couple minutes.

Bad_Dog
11-30-2004, 09:44 PM
$3 dollars... now sell it to me :)

Target Practice
11-30-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm missing something. What's this Autoresponse frame you speak of.

rpm07
11-30-2004, 10:07 PM
posted on WARPIG

The AutoResponse Trigger is a two stage trigger replacement for the Automag and is made by Pro-Line. The AutoResponse allows your 'Mag to fire once when the trigger is pulled, then to fire again when the trigger is released. The 'Mag, even in the hands of a newbie, can achieve amazing rates of fire with an AutoResponse installed. But note that an experienced 'Mag operator with a normal trigger can pretty much match and AutoResponse for speed and outshoot it for accuracy.

The AutoResponse has a few drawbacks. One, the trigger pull is extremely long with this trigger. While the stock Automag trigger only requires that it be pulled approx. 1/8" of an inch, the AutoResponse must be pulled through 3/4" to operate. In addition, the trigger design requires that full strokes be used when operating the trigger. If the trigger is not pulled completely and released completely each time, the gun will chop balls. Second, the long trigger pull is heavy and causes the shooter to wave the muzzle of the gun entirely too much for accurate fire.

Some fields (and even tournaments) do not allow play with the AutoResponse. But if you want the fastest gun on your block, and you don't want to practice enough to make your finger faster, certainly add an AutoResponse to your 'Mag.

Koosh
12-01-2004, 12:30 AM
yeah, on my old setup I hit 13bps with it... I know, whoppity do, but on my classic valved mag it was pretty impressive... I mainly used it for woodsball and a few scenarios.

They were exactly right, trigger pull was insanely hard and long (heh, hard and long), but that thing was just FUN to shoot. If I had a mag and extra cash, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

I have a video of it floating around here somewhere...

BobTheCow
12-01-2004, 08:09 AM
I remember hearing Tom recall ripping with one of these back in the day. :) If I'm not mistaken it was a bigger deal a while ago, as opposed to the past several years, especially with fields and tournaments' rules changing.