PDA

View Full Version : Yes, another car.

skife
11-29-2004, 10:50 PM
its a 1989 probe LX 5-speed.
pics Here (http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/aantoin/lst?.dir=/Automotive/89+Ford+Probe&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/)

Only cost me $350
the clutch slips a little bit and she burns a little bit of oil, but it still hauls @$$,
little to no body roll,

CaptaiN_JacK
11-29-2004, 11:16 PM
This is pretty much unrelated, but a guy in our town owns a late 90's Probe and has put so much money into it that it makes me sick. He's had it repainted like 3 times, 3 different colors, and has traded his Probe for another Probe once. He has a massive aftermarket spoiler on the back that doesn't match the car at all. He drives around revving his engine like he has the fastest in town. It's humerous.

rkjunior303
11-29-2004, 11:27 PM
I had a 89 Probe GT while in college. I loved that damn car.. It was actually voted car of the year by either Road and Track or Car and Driver... Quick little thing -- 2.2L Turbo Charged 4. It was actally quicker than the Mustang GT that year. To this day, I would love to find another.

Gtask8
11-29-2004, 11:39 PM
I had a 89 Probe GT while in college. I loved that damn car.. It was actually voted car of the year by either Road and Track or Car and Driver... Quick little thing -- 2.2L Turbo Charged 4. It was actally quicker than the Mustang GT that year. To this day, I would love to find another.

Ya, They are known to be mid 9sec. Cars with only a few mods!

Splat
11-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Uhhhh, I hope you're kidding and not serious...

Matt Faul from Fargo, ND has the fastest 1st gen PGT. He has the J-spec FE3 motor, HUGE turbo charger, countless hours of work, and he's pulling 11s.

I just bought another car too... I bought a '75 vette!! YAY!

skife
11-30-2004, 12:29 AM
Probes were orginally designed to replace the mustang, Hence the 1st gen GT's would smoke the same year Mustang GT's

my buddy is on his 3rd probe.
he's had a 89 LX atx
a 96 SE mtx
and a 93 GT Mtx

by far the 93gt is fastest.

his 89 was a dog though because it was a manual transmission.