PDA

View Full Version : Little kids are the best paintball players.

magmanl337
11-30-2004, 01:42 AM
So I was reffing at Velocity yesterday, and on the last set, there was a 12 year-old kid who didn't have a gun. He was just running around, drawing fire from opponents. Then a teammate of his handed him a pod of paint, so he started to run around throwing paint at the other team. I told him I'd buy him a soda if he bunkered someone. Sure enough he runs up and bunkers an older guy, throwing the paint at his goggles. The paint broke, and the kid didn't get shot that game. He had some mad skills to do that, and he's got more guts than other adult players I've seen out there. Anyone else manage to bunker someone like this?

SpecialBlend2786
11-30-2004, 01:43 AM
hahahaha thats awesome

my little cousin just runs and hides when the game starts :confused:

shatter_storm
11-30-2004, 01:54 AM
Hand tags are a carry-over rule from our rec ball field, and every now and then someone will get crazy enough to go out on the CQB speedball course and try to tag people out. One kid got four before he was shot out, but I've never seen anyone do that well again.

Now granted, you'll see the occasional tag-out from all the close up bunker fighting going on, but not many intentional ones.

master_alexander
11-30-2004, 02:11 AM
go here ( http://www.hitandrunpaintball.com/ ) that's doge 'em city in mansfield texas. it's basically capture the flag but the flag and get it back to base, but it's only 20 meters away, under all the fire and stuff.

first story: So i go out there with my friends pistol, the game starts and he covers me while i go and get the flag. meanwhile the whole other team trs to hit me, i got off 10 rounds and hit 4 people and got the flag back to base.

another good story: i had my tppmann a5 (now my awesome mag) and i had run out of paint and decided to bunker people, i won it for our team. not that amazing i know, but still pretty cool.

::edit:: i was also new (but still bought my own gun) and bout 11 ish. (new but ot that young)

Will Wood
11-30-2004, 02:29 AM
I used to do this all the time. I'd run out of paint for the day, but my ride wouldn't be there for another half hour (Before I had my lisence, parents would drop me off/pick me up) so I'd either help out with feild stuff or go in the games and play with no marker. It was great. As you said, I'd draw attention... once in a while tag someone out... yell out where everyone is, etc.

gc82000
11-30-2004, 03:42 AM
When I first started I was only 12, but I really sucked. Majorly. :cry:

LaW
11-30-2004, 12:56 PM
When I was 12 I was about 6' tall... that wouldnt have helped me move around any easier :)

nastymag
11-30-2004, 05:09 PM
i kinda sucked at paintball when i started (13) almost 6 years ago.
i really didnt get any good till about 3 years ago.
now i can gog Avalanche players with a classic minimag .... :shooting:

little players are hard to hit though, sneaky little things, id say the best age to be a really good baller is 15. small enough , yet fast and agile.

JesseB
11-30-2004, 05:11 PM
One time I was on the field and the noid blew up in my old Rat impulse and I set it down by a ref got some paint out of my hopper and did a run through I threw three balls all at once as hard as I could at a guy one broke on his gun and he lit me up... I took 8 hits but they made fun of him for getting bunkered when I didn't even have a gun

Then another kid did pretty much the same thing his angels breach broke and wouldn't stay closed which caused him to chop like 15 balls. He jumped over a guy behind a a low stack of tires ( when i say low i mean like 2-3 tires wide by 2 high so it wasnt like a super man jump more like a bunny hop) and he slapped the kid on the head with a handful of ooze that he scooped out of his angel. He proceded to try to run off when he got lit from two kids camping in a back bunker.

slade
11-30-2004, 08:26 PM
I havent seen anything like that personally, but there is a cool ref at my field that likes to tell stories in between games a lot. in one tourney he went to, it was down to 1 on 1 and one of the guys guns broke. he took out a full pod of paint, opened it, and bunkered the guy, hurling the full pod of paint at him, and he called himself out, making the guy win that game of the tourney single handedly without a gun.

MonsterMag
11-30-2004, 08:36 PM
Awhile back when I was 13 and had a tippman. I once ran out of co2 and was pissed cuz this guy had his whole side exposed and I didnt have a working marker , so I uped up my hopper and took and handfull of paint out and started wipping it at , and then he saw me , I was like "oh crap" and starting trowing had fulls at him . Sure enough I hit him and one broke :D

tony3
11-30-2004, 10:31 PM
I havent seen anything like that personally, but there is a cool ref at my field that likes to tell stories in between games a lot. in one tourney he went to, it was down to 1 on 1 and one of the guys guns broke. he took out a full pod of paint, opened it, and bunkered the guy, hurling the full pod of paint at him, and he called himself out, making the guy win that game of the tourney single handedly without a gun.

2 tournies ago, I had no gun and the ref said if I threw paint and it broke on someone it wouldn't could as an elim because the paint wasn't coming out of a gun.

evo.end3R
11-30-2004, 10:39 PM
yeah my gun was chopping madder than hell and i was siting at the 50 triyng to fix it, and my whole team gest shot out, but in the process they knocked out the other team, so it was 1 on 1, and i didnt know where the other guy was but i heard him slide into the other side of the 50 laydown, and iwas like *****, so i grabbed a pod off my back, and flipepd it open, and charged around the side hurling a pod worth of paint at his face, and one broke on his barrel. victory was mine! it was probably the funniest bunker that i have seen/done.

evo.end3R
11-30-2004, 10:40 PM
2 tournies ago, I had no gun and the ref said if I threw paint and it broke on someone it wouldn't could as an elim because the paint wasn't coming out of a gun.

what kind of tourney was it? here they allow it, like if your gun gets fux0red.

Enemy
12-01-2004, 02:12 AM
we call people dead with a stick!! its great cuz we also said if you shot them they would be out but everyone freezes thinking its real!!

athomas
12-01-2004, 09:00 AM
The fields around here don't allow you to throw anything at the opposing team. It is considered a hostile move and you could get eliminated.

slade
12-01-2004, 01:57 PM
exactly, but the kid didnt know that so he called himself out. if you call yourself out you are out no matter what.

hAppy
12-02-2004, 10:11 AM
So I was reffing at Velocity yesterday, and on the last set, there was a 12 year-old kid who didn't have a gun. He was just running around, drawing fire from opponents. Then a teammate of his handed him a pod of paint, so he started to run around throwing paint at the other team. I told him I'd buy him a soda if he bunkered someone. Sure enough he runs up and bunkers an older guy, throwing the paint at his goggles. The paint broke, and the kid didn't get shot that game. He had some mad skills to do that, and he's got more guts than other adult players I've seen out there. Anyone else manage to bunker someone like this?
I believe younger kids play their heart out at anything. They are very determined, and VERY aggressive. Doesn't surprise me, kids know how to have a blast :headbang:

spasticsquirrel
12-03-2004, 09:42 PM
well im years older than 12, and paintball madness is way to easy on the weakends, its taget practice... everyone stays in the back bunkers.

me and my friend dominated the field that day, because no one moved up, even those 30 year olds.

Teamslayer76
12-04-2004, 10:04 AM
Actually yes. Me and my teammates got done with a game which superisingly enough we won, and we decided to play a though ball game with a group of kids and adults. There was this one kid I think he was like 10 or 11 and he hit my front man Matt right in the ear [yes he had googles on] its was so funny he wasnt looking all aroudn and bam right in the side of his head.
We all just stopped to laugh and the game just fell apart. Good times good times.

slade
12-04-2004, 10:28 AM
oh yeah, one time i saw a rental kid that was about 12 that played speedball against 3-4 other people, and he just ran down the field off the break and did a run through, getting everyone out and winning the game in less than 10 seconds :p

felony
12-04-2004, 12:58 PM
great, more reason for me to quit

JoshK
12-04-2004, 01:00 PM
huh? i dont get it...

slade
12-04-2004, 01:14 PM
great, more reason for me to quit
:confused:

Rather
12-04-2004, 02:24 PM
there's a 12 year old at my field that is like 4 feet tall.. when he runs (knees bent like a pro) he litterally dissapears behind the little boxes... hell the kid even decided to play with storm.... and was doing quite well! :rofl: if only I was 4 feet tall... :(

felony
12-04-2004, 02:43 PM
:confused:

be being sarcastic and looking for a reason to quit.

:clap:

spasticsquirrel
12-04-2004, 06:24 PM
oh yeah, one time i saw a rental kid that was about 12 that played speedball against 3-4 other people, and he just ran down the field off the break and did a run through, getting everyone out and winning the game in less than 10 seconds :p

rental doesnt mean that he doesnt have a gun, my gun is broken now, and i want to play so i have to do rentals.

Fatjon
12-04-2004, 09:55 PM
I was reffing a tourny that was a church fund raiser. There was all kind of little teams of just little kids from the church. It was a rookie tourny, and theres always a team that wants to sandbag.

It was a team constiting of about two twelve y/o's and like a 10 y/o againts this sandbaging team. Off the break the 10 y/o kid ran down the field all the way to there back left bunker. he turns around and shoots them all in the back. It had to be the funniest thing in the world.

good times

cky shane
12-04-2004, 10:09 PM
That story is a load of crap. As soon as he left a 5 foot radius of his gun, he would've been out. And I hardly believe he could throw a handful of paint hard enough to break it if he was carrying a gun in his off-hand. Load of crap.

slade
12-04-2004, 10:19 PM
That story is a load of crap. As soon as he left a 5 foot radius of his gun, he would've been out. And I hardly believe he could throw a handful of paint hard enough to break it if he was carrying a gun in his off-hand. Load of crap.
first of all, the rule isnt a 5 foot radius, you have to be within five feet of a bunker that your gun is within five feet of. he could have easily set his gun down on the opposite side of the bunker that the guy was behind. and secondly, yes, you can throw a pod of paint hard enough for a few to break even with a marker in your other hand. its not like your pitching a baseball, having something in your other hand wont affect it that much. if youre going to say load of crap think it through first.

meshaq
12-04-2004, 10:36 PM
i was at a tourny over the summer, first game, my gun doesnt shoot, and i play back, i just run get the flag, while the rest of my teams eliminates the other team and we maxed em that game. furthermore, we were in first through the morning bracket, but some horrible reffing in the afternoon bracket landed us in 4th by like 4 points. and prizes ended at 3rd place.