PDA

View Full Version : Pump Player Looking For 6 Pack CO2 Stock

snowdawgy
11-30-2004, 01:32 PM
AGD used to make a Six Pack quick change stock for 12 gram co2 powerlettes. Is there any way to find some of these? Do they still make them? I tried ebay with zero success same with a google search. I can't email AGD cause thier email service is down. So anyone out there able to help me? :cool:

Joni
11-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Very rare. Good luck with finding one. Once in a while a used 6-pac is for sale, but they are pricey.

Creative Mayhem
11-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Good luck finding one. Like he said, they can be pricey, last one i missed went for $150ish I am looking for one myself.

TOM BRING THE 6PAKS BACK!!! :D :hail:

peewee
11-30-2004, 01:46 PM
A few people have them but they run at crazy cash to buy. Someone might be willing to part with one but dont be shocked if they want your first born....

50 cal
11-30-2004, 03:37 PM
I have one if you want to buy it. It's not pretty, but it works.
$125 delivered.

Creative Mayhem
11-30-2004, 04:02 PM
I have one if you want to buy it. It's not pretty, but it works.
$125 delivered.

*coughPMcough* :D

p8ntball72
11-30-2004, 04:19 PM
TOM BRING THE 6PAKS BACK!!! :D :hail:

Bahh... bringing back the 6 pak is crazy talk....next thing you know, you guys will want AGD to bring back sidearms. :rolleyes: ;)

50 cal
11-30-2004, 04:21 PM
*coughPMcough* :D

Back at ya!

SlartyBartFast
11-30-2004, 04:22 PM
This won't make me popular, but I have to ask: Why do you want one?

The 6-pak was revolutionary when it came out because paintball was only just evolving to “CA” or “Constant Air”. The tournaments were banning/disallowing CA powered guns and the 6-pak effectively bypassed the rules through a loophole. As soon as the loophole was exploited, 12g powerlets were finally obsolete and relegated to “stockclass”.

What use will a 6-pak serve you today? Except as a collector’s item and a piece of paintball history, they’re useless. Use a small CO2 tank instead (3.5oz, 9oz, or there’s some newer small disposables for airguns). Or are there still stock class tournaments stupid enough to only require 12g powerlets and not add the requirement that they be loaded through a threaded opening?

But, I suppose most people just want it for the cool factor, not the practicality. :p

Considering its limited usefulness, AGD would be crazy to try and manufacture them again.

Muzikman
11-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Hmm...well...CCI should quit making the SC phantom huh? Oh hell, why doesn't evenyone that uses a stock class gun just throw their guns away since they are not practical.

Creative Mayhem
11-30-2004, 04:31 PM
This won't make me popular, but I have to ask: Why do you want one?

I suppose most people just want it for the cool factor, not the practicality. :p

Considering its limited usefulness, AGD would be crazy to try and manufacture them again.

It's all about the cool factor, and my pump project is begging for one. :D

But you're right about the re-manufacturing part, there just isn't any real reason for making them again. Just thought it'd be fun to harrass Tom ;)

SlartyBartFast
11-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Hmm...well...CCI should quit making the SC phantom huh? Oh hell, why doesn't evenyone that uses a stock class gun just throw their guns away since they are not practical.

You're misinterpreting what I'm saying. :mad: The SC phantoms are still stockclass. And as stockclass guns, in stockclass events (or in the hands of those brave souls in open class), they have their place.

But, are there any stock class or modified stock class events that would allow use of the 6-pak but disallow the use of a 9oz CO2 tank?

Usually stock class rules either limit you to 12g inserted through a threaded opening, which disallows the 6-pak, or don't require 12g use (modified stock class), which outclasses the 6-pak.

Muzikman
11-30-2004, 05:07 PM
You're misinterpreting what I'm saying. :mad: The SC phantoms are still stockclass. And as stockclass guns, in stockclass events (or in the hands of those brave souls in open class), they have their place.

But, are there any stock class or modified stock class events that would allow use of the 6-pak but disallow the use of a 9oz CO2 tank?

Usually stock class rules either limit you to 12g inserted through a threaded opening, which disallows the 6-pak, or don't require 12g use (modified stock class), which outclasses the 6-pak.

Find me a stock class event that would not allow a 6-Pak. Hell, find me any stock class event. And if they actually allow CA, then it's not even a mod stock class, it's then a pump event. 6-pak's have their place still. I am not saying AGD should start making them again, cause I don't think they would sell, but that does not mean that people that buy them don't use them. Hell I opened my first one out of a sealed box to use it.

Creative Mayhem
11-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Hell I opened my first one out of a sealed box to use it.

:eek: :wow: You didnt!!!! I think you need to change your sig then ;)

vonort
11-30-2004, 05:51 PM
I think you would be suprised at how many six pacs would sell if they were produced in a limited number. There is a huge collectors market for the old equipment. Also a Phantom SC is technically not a Stock Class gun. It has an auto trigger. Strict SC play does not allow the autotrigger. If AGD was to make the six pac again I know I would buy one. And I'm sure there are a lot of others that would on Mcarterbrown.

Muzikman
11-30-2004, 05:59 PM
:eek: :wow: You didnt!!!! I think you need to change your sig then ;)

No, my first one. The one I gave Adam for the one I got now. When I got that one it was still sealed too.

Muzikman
11-30-2004, 06:04 PM
I think you would be suprised at how many six pacs would sell if they were produced in a limited number. There is a huge collectors market for the old equipment. Also a Phantom SC is technically not a Stock Class gun. It has an auto trigger. Strict SC play does not allow the autotrigger. If AGD was to make the six pac again I know I would buy one. And I'm sure there are a lot of others that would on Mcarterbrown.

Yes, you are correct about the Phoantom, but find me an event that would not call a Phontom stock class.

As for the collector value. There are still a lot of 6-paks out there. I think almost everyone that wants one has one. I doubt AGD would sell more than 50 if they made new ones.

vonort
11-30-2004, 06:18 PM
You know muzikman.. I would love to just find a pump game in my area. :cry:

I still say if AGD made say a limited run of 100 - 200 six pacs all of them would sell. Just my guess. And then again.. 200 might not be enough to make it worth while for AGD.

AGD
11-30-2004, 06:26 PM
We made exactly 2000 6Paks. We still have the custom tooling to bend up the bodies, if anyone wants to buy it and go back into production JUST LET ME KNOW! ;)

Just remember Old Schoooool is still CoooooL!!

AGD

50 cal
11-30-2004, 08:02 PM
Wow, I thought there were more than just 2000 of them.

Thanks for the info Tom.

Tyril
11-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Sold one last month for $160.

They're still freakin' awesome =)

Not the most practical of devices, but when you launch a 12ie out like a little rocket, you know it's all worth it.

-mike

Glickman
12-01-2004, 12:35 AM
id buy one if they were a little cheaper :D

someone wanna bring em back? :clap:

Muzikman
12-01-2004, 01:28 AM
We made exactly 2000 6Paks. We still have the custom tooling to bend up the bodies, if anyone wants to buy it and go back into production JUST LET ME KNOW! ;)

AGD

Tom, can I just borrow the machine?:)

Duck Hunt
12-01-2004, 01:33 AM
I just bought a pump kit, if AGD started making 6 paks again I'd have to spend MORE MONEY! DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!! ;)

Sean

kreno
12-01-2004, 02:26 AM
I think the coolest thing about 6 packs are the "ka-fwooosh-chunk-psss" sound that you get when you change cartridges... and then the "fling" sound that comes with the ejecting 12g... soooo cool. That alone is worth $125. A friend of mine had one until about 12 of his guns + the 6 pack were stolen... :wow:

Fortunately he got back his x-mag at least :clap:

Muzikman
12-01-2004, 02:46 AM
One thing about the 6-pak. Never quickly eject a full 12gram. It does a good impression of a rocket. I would hate to be the guy in the bunker behind ya. I did it one in my basement and it made it to the other side of the room and hit the wall.

Target Practice
12-01-2004, 03:05 AM
Call me crazy, but I think that the 6-pak is a pretty damn good idea. I mean, it's like a 12-gram changer on steroids. I think they have their place in the stock/pump market. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

White Wolf
12-01-2004, 05:37 AM

AGD

Tom if you could email me with some info I may be interested in doing just that....

wlfwrose@aol.com

Duck Hunt
12-01-2004, 09:06 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sean :dance:

Glickman
12-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Tom if you could email me with some info I may be interested in doing just that....

wlfwrose@aol.com

HAVE MY BABIES!

:D

master_alexander
12-01-2004, 09:56 PM

first time out i went and played speedball with a blade, the guys with imps and bko's (i hade no clue then) laughed but when i won, they cracked up and bought me a coke. i am now a full time speedball player. lol

i have a 6 pak, of abs !!!!

sbpyro
12-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Guess there isn't a chance anyone can get the dies to make the 6 pack now Tom is gone:(

Muzikman
12-13-2004, 03:01 PM
I am sure there is still a chance, but that would only to make the bodies and not the actual valves for them.

White Wolf
12-13-2004, 03:29 PM
Yea tom never responded so I guess there goes that plan.

GT
12-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Yea tom never responded so I guess there goes that plan.

Arent you an agd dealer? Just call him up at the office.

vonort
12-13-2004, 10:11 PM
White Wolf if you can pull this off I think there would be a pretty good market for them.

Koz
12-14-2004, 04:04 PM

AGD

Hey Tom,

So only 2000 were made.....how many were lefty? [Since I have mine still]

Koz

maglover728
12-15-2004, 12:22 AM
Before I get to it, I just want you all to know that I am very concerned about this, and I value your opinion. I have posted this here to get input on weather this is a good idea or would just end up ruining a classic piece.
I love all things AGD. And like many others recently, I have completed a pump Minimag. The mag is finished in nice bright chrome and I was thinking on getting my AGD 6 Pack chromed out also.
My question's are:
1. Could this be done with out affecting the operation of the 6 Pack?
2. Would this process make the 6 Pack less desirable in the eyes of people that appreciate this kind of stuff?
3. If the answer to #2 is yes, would I still have friends in that realm, or would I be dubbed less than human and sentenced to a life of ridicule?
I have it, I want to use it, and I want it to look like a package deal when on the pump mag. Is this wrong?
[confused]

Major Ho
12-15-2004, 12:46 AM
Whatever happened to those ACI turret changers?
I stumbled accross one a long while back on ebay. Do they work any better/worse than the AGD 6 pack? Id get one or the other if the ACI was just as spiffy and available

SteveD
12-15-2004, 08:42 PM
I know I have a couple of well used 6-packs out in the warehouse that I could get rid of. I even have one sharpshooter LS still in the box. Maybe I'll stick some of this stuff up on eBay and get rid of it.

Chronobreak
12-15-2004, 11:53 PM

AGD

tom wwa asked a while ago....il remind him again ;)

BradAGD
12-16-2004, 11:36 PM
I've got most of a left handed one...needs a buttplate and the magazine spring. Wonder if I can find someone to make some parts? :rolleyes:

FragTek
12-17-2004, 06:58 PM
There's one for sale in the BST forums right now :) I just posted about it, go check it out, he wants $160 for it.

SteveD
12-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Well I just posted a 6 Pak on eBay in a 3 day auction. Have a look at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7122291824

It's nunber 00040. I put it up with a $99 start price and no reserve. Have fun.

SteveD
12-20-2004, 07:31 PM
I just posted another AGD item you won't see again. It's an unopened Sharpshooter LS (#00447). I couldn't even post a pic of the sight, because I don't want to open the box, so I posted the pic of the short version from the AGD site. Here's the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7122783762

Lee
12-21-2004, 10:20 AM
just sold mine for 150$.

TuTuMan
12-22-2004, 03:35 PM
and I am patiently waiting for it in the mail ;)

AGD
12-22-2004, 04:58 PM
guys,

I dont come back and read old posts that often, if you need to get in touch with me you have to call the office.

White Wolf I emailed you today.

AGD

autocockertrader
12-29-2004, 12:54 PM
so how about the new run of 6 paks?