PDA

View Full Version : Rail Mounted Qloader

SlartyBartFast
11-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Has anybody thought about modifying a rail so that a Qloader could be screwed directly onto the end?

Would it be possible?

I just figure that with a minimum of shaping and drilling and tapping the correct hole the AGD rail could be made to accept a below barrel mounted Qloader without requiring the adapter attached to a foregrip.

Muzikman
11-30-2004, 04:34 PM
You could probably use the adapter for a pump mag arm as a place to start.

GordDesigns
12-01-2004, 02:37 AM
Hey I got an idea for you.
Try making a spacer to go between your forgrip and rail. So the same bolt ( just longer ) holds your forgrip and Q loader adaptor.
Then you dont have to modify your rail.

Muzikman
12-01-2004, 02:47 AM
That is the idea behind the pump mag, pump arm mount. That is exactly how it works and you don't have to worry about trying to machine it. Then all you need to do is make an "S" shapped bolt.

Creative Mayhem
12-01-2004, 09:07 AM
The pump arm is a good idea, but if I may suggest something, if you can get one, the KAPP forgrip extenders would be idal for this purplose.

Creative Mayhem
12-01-2004, 09:08 AM
The pump arm is a good idea, but if I may suggest something, if you can get one, the KAPP forgrip extenders would be idal for this purpose.

SlartyBartFast
12-01-2004, 11:35 AM
The pump arm is a good idea, but if I may suggest something, if you can get one, the KAPP forgrip extenders would be idal for this purpose.

Yes, either would make a bolt on replacement for the Qloader's clamp.

But, the end result wouldn't be the same. The Qloader could be mounted higher than normal, but would bejust as far forward.

If you wanted to hold the front of the gun by the Qloader and do away with the foregrip, you could move the Qloader back quite a bit. Might require a completely custom rail as all the standard ones have those spaces at the front for the foregrip screws...