PDA

View Full Version : long bolt spring?doesnt fire!

mag88888
11-30-2004, 05:13 PM
i have level 10 and ult and x valve all the crap on rt ule custom. well, the longest uncut bolt spring just doesnt work in my gun. it doesnt fire. there is no slack on the trigger. i had a full tank when i try this. 6 ult shims in but ive tried to do this when i had 2,3,4,5. also i have 3 shims in my level 10. why cant i shoot? i tink its too much force to let the olt go forward, but i dont know. please help!!

Dayspring
11-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Try turning up the velocity.

If that doesn't work, then it won't work on the gun. The long springs work only a handful of times.

mag88888
11-30-2004, 05:52 PM
but what is the reason that it wont work? i cant shoot and test it now, im working on scholl stuff. but why wouldnt it work?

ej_y4
11-30-2004, 06:13 PM
but what is the reason that it wont work? i cant shoot and test it now, im working on scholl stuff. but why wouldnt it work?

it applys more pressure against the bolt then the other springs, which requires more pressure to fire. Like Dayspring said, turn up the volocity or put in a smaller spring, the larger spring is used by most people to get the level 10 really soft on the paintballs.
hope that helps
-E.J.

mag88888
11-30-2004, 06:35 PM
i wish my school had a paintball team!!that would be awesome! but thanks for the help.

alooney11
11-30-2004, 10:45 PM
You would get pretty bad efficiency with that long spring anyway. The stock spring works just fine for me i never chop.

CaliMagFan
12-01-2004, 01:43 AM
The long springs work only a handful of times.

Where do you source that information?... I've not heard of that yet... maybe with the classic valve before changing the to HP reg piston, but in an X valve?... i dunno....

anyways... i'd suggest getting the marker to chrono at around 290 with the shortest spring. Then change to the longest spring, but dont change the velocity yet...... air up the marker and see if the reg sets.. probably wont, or you'll be shooting super low.. all chuffs... anyhow, turn up your velocity until the valve clicks up to charge, or if you're already in that stage, just turn the velocity up... always turn the velocity up in incriments of no more than about 1/4 turn.... its pretty sensitive and it's a good way to get your setup waaay out of whack if you arbitrarily turn up the velocity nut. check the link in my sig for more info on changing to longer springs...

peace

-kyro

Dayspring
12-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Every Level 10 I've set up since it came out, as well as most of the AGD techs.