PDA

View Full Version : Easy Milling/Drilling. Where to get it done?

spyder_technician
11-30-2004, 07:00 PM
I hae a mag that I put a spyder e-frame on. Thats not the point, though. I just out a new board on it that supports eyes and I want to get that done. That, still, isn't the point. The point is, I can make it to where I can run the wires through a channel milled into the rail so the eyes can be completely internal and won't have to run on the outside. Where can I get a simple channel milled into my rail. I don't have the tools to do it. Here is a pic of what I'm thinking of and it is apparently very simple. Below is a pic of what I have in mind. Its just an approximation to get my idea across and it isn't even my rail in the pic. Where can I get this simple work done, and how cheaply can I get it done for? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

For the channel, I'm thinking about 2-3 milimeters deep. Very small job, indeed.

trains are bad
11-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Do you have a dremel, and some time?

spyder_technician
11-30-2004, 08:49 PM
No, I don't want to do that. I have already tried some dremeling and was not pleased with the results. On one job where I dremeled instead of milled it took me so long and the result, although functional, was not pretty at all. I really would prefer milling at ths point. Thanks for the advice though. Most cases I would go with that.

trains are bad
11-30-2004, 09:31 PM
well, I have a rougerail, so there's only a couple crossebeams that need notched to run my eye wires through.

spyder_technician
11-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Wait, I didn't quite understand that. Your rogue rail is already setup for the eyes? Is it similar to what I want to do? Is that on every rogue rail?

Joni
11-30-2004, 09:51 PM
The rougerail is ULE-milled, so it's pretty much hollow. My guess is that you could probably route those wires with a handfile, and with a dremel, no problem. And about looking bad, thats under your body, who cares? Nobody is going to see it.

spyder_technician
11-30-2004, 10:43 PM
I know, but to mount the spyder frame to the mag I had to mill and instead I dremeled and it was perfectly functional. I just feel that it would be better to get it milled. It is under the body, but I want this part looking good. Just a preference thing. I have already done some dremeling to my rail, and all I gotta say is that AGD uses some heavy duty stuff for their rails. Does anybody know where I can get some easy milling done relatively cheaply?

luke
12-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Spyder, I sent you a PM. :bounce: