PDA

View Full Version : ULE Body - Cut?

<Echoes>
11-30-2004, 10:28 PM
ule (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Echoes512/1234.jpg)

(I would like an option of a ULE body to fit flush with the classic rails, just like the ol' tube powerfeed bodies did. Does anyone agree?)

(Forgive my poor image editing techniques)

shatter_storm
11-30-2004, 10:33 PM
I think you're on the wrong side of the body. Look at the detents, they're towards the part of the body you hacked off. That would be the front part of the ULE body. The valve portion is at the other end.

frischtr
11-30-2004, 10:37 PM
I think you're on the wrong side of the body. Look at the detents, they're towards the part of the body you hacked off. That would be the front part of the ULE body. The valve portion is at the other end.

agreed... you may have just hacked off the barrel threads... :rolleyes:

<Echoes>
11-30-2004, 10:40 PM
oops, uh. you guys know what I mean though? just a tube and then it stops at the threads.

frischtr
11-30-2004, 10:43 PM
The ULE bodies are flush with the valve... Do you mean cutting the front of the body? Your original post seems to indicate that you were cutting the back...

Rather
11-30-2004, 10:45 PM
Interesting idea. guessing its for the people who like the classic rails (classic valve?) would like to see a proto hack on it to see how well it would line up with the rail, gets rid of the 'overhang' if you will. If i had $ then i'd buy it.... but i don't so don't do it jsut cause i want it and dont have cash. see what other people want first (people with cash. ;) )

<Echoes>
11-30-2004, 10:47 PM
ok, new pic up, that should do it...oh, and I meant to say classic rails not classic valves

sheesh! :spit_take

_tMAN
11-30-2004, 11:01 PM
I thought Rogue Had something out that already did this. Check the dealers section

<Echoes>
11-30-2004, 11:03 PM
I thought Rogue Had something out that already did this. Check the dealers section

I checked and emailed him already.

Enemy
12-01-2004, 01:53 AM
heres the link for the body (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=158778&highlight=exile)

and the
link for it on a gun (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=157977)

that would be the closest you will get to that idea!

CaliMagFan
12-01-2004, 02:05 AM
echoes... you certainly could cut the ULE body to be flush with the front plane of the classic rail... in fact there is about 5/16th of an inch of aluminum tube protruding to the front of the threads on the top center of the tube (which is the point where the front of the tube is cut to its "aftmost" ... and since the ULE body was cut on a bias there is about 1.5" of clearance around the bottom of the body.... aestetcically(sp), i dont know if the look is something to write home about tho..... if you want i can post relavitely clear pics....

and btw, i might be wrong... but that rail that you see on Rogue Factor's "ninja mag" in the linked thread above is based on the length of the RTpro rail... so the frontmost edge of the rail is farther forward than that of the classic.....

-kyro

dirty_canadian4894
12-01-2004, 10:03 AM
that mag that was posted in the first post isidenticaltominein evryway theyre like twins.

MicroMiniMe
12-01-2004, 01:24 PM
Nicad's Chord and Chord V2 both line up with a AM/MM rail.

BeaverEater
12-01-2004, 02:11 PM
why dont you just get a new rail? That seems like the easier conclusion

<Echoes>
12-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Nicad's Chord and Chord V2 both line up with a AM/MM rail.

I would rather not pay that much for just a body.

why dont you just get a new rail? That seems like the easier conclusion

The point is that I like the old classic style, a tubed body with a shorter rail both even with each other.

I don't mean to be complaining, it's just a suggestion. I could live with an RT rail.

Echo419
12-01-2004, 08:10 PM
You stole my name.. go choke on something.... :clap:

no im serious :mad: :mad:

<Echoes>
12-01-2004, 10:34 PM
You stole my name.. go choke on something.... :clap:

no im serious :mad: :mad:

I'll try my hardest.

anyone else have any more comments? I thought maybe some classic maggers would like the idea of a shorter ule body.

mobius
12-01-2004, 11:20 PM
I had thought abou tthis, too. My only issue was that I was never really fond of the classic body. I really liked the Minimag and original RT bodies, though. I would love a ULE type body that extended all the way out to the same length as the old Minimag bodies.

danheneise
12-02-2004, 01:48 AM
that mag that was posted in the first post isidenticaltominein evryway theyre like twins.

what the crap ????
:tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:

<Echoes>
12-02-2004, 06:23 PM
anyone else..opinions?

Magaman
12-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Contact Rogue...

He has already cut most of one down... All he would have to do is finish it of the rest of the way...

He sells it with the Feedneck...

<Echoes>
12-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Like I said earlier, I already have contacted rogue. He told me that he doesn't make anything to fit the classic rails. Also, I'm not only begging for the product, just interested in hearing other's opinions.