PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss

trains are bad
11-30-2004, 11:15 PM
My marker weighs just under 8lbs with air, batteries and no paint. I wish there was some way to lighten it. But I really can't think of any. Besides possibly going with a lighter air system. (dynaflow now) .

Anyone want to weight their complete setup, ready to rock with no paint? I want to see just how heavy I am.

i_baked_cookies
11-30-2004, 11:18 PM
all i know is that my gun is lightest gun ive held except for old mech spyders

the only thing weighing it down is an old and heavy nitro tank, a pure energy 48/3000, which weighs in at like 2.5 to 3 lbs. i think it weighs more than my gun..

my gun: ule body, intelliframe, sp teardrop, omega rail, cp gas through, kapp dz3, xvalve

White_Noise
11-30-2004, 11:21 PM
dynaflows are some of the lightest air systems on the market, doubt youll get much lighter than one of them

trains are bad
11-30-2004, 11:31 PM
exactly. I think I'm pretty much stuck here. Maybe a couple ounces could go.

ulewarp
rougrail
xvalve
warp
ak
empire kit
ygrip

MonsterMag
11-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Milling ;)

themish
11-30-2004, 11:38 PM
but try not to mill your tank

White_Noise
11-30-2004, 11:40 PM
th only way i can think to lighten that setup would be to remove the warp and get a vert body.

Glickman
12-01-2004, 12:40 AM
my setup weighs a little under 5 lbs

Full Hopper Revy
Max Flow Tank
03 Shocker

my whole setup weights as much as some guns alone do :D

personman
12-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Yup, the warp is probably adding wieght. I just got rid of my warp :wow:
I'm still not quite sure if I should have because it was so pimpin' but it got rid of a bit of wieght and now people that arent left handed wont yell at me when they are trying to shoot my gun :p
My gun is extremely light though, I've got
xvalve
ULE body
j&j edge kit (holy crap its light)
rico2k
stock am/mm rail
70/45 crossfire tank
I think its pretty durn light, lighter than most if not all of the other guns I've shot at least.

Enemy
12-01-2004, 01:10 AM
you can always try a q loader system they are really light even when fully loaded!!! other than that maybe slap an emag battery pack and run the hopper and warp off of it thats about all i can think of!

Deathshadow9k
12-01-2004, 01:43 AM
make sure the barrel is light (stiffi or some of that sort), and make sure if you have a drop it doesn't weigh a freakin ton. my friend has an 8 inch NW drop on her impy and makes her gun weigh almost 9.7 lbs with an empty egg2

WenULiVeUdiE
12-01-2004, 06:46 AM
9 pounds with the mag. 10 previously with my cocker. The mag has SS main body, RTP Rail, CP drop, carbon fiber frame, emag valve, Halo TSA, 91/4500. The cocker was an STO with slider frame, and an ancient like tank that weighed approximately 5 pounds with the mounting bracket.

Blazestorm
12-01-2004, 09:20 AM
ND Freestyle
Bullet-ASA
Sidewinder
CCM Neck
Empire Reloader-B
.692 16" Ultralite
45/4500 LP Crossfire

Oh so light :D

Haven't weighed mine yet... :D

Thordic
12-01-2004, 09:38 AM
My gun is one of the lightest mags I've used. I built it specifically to be lightweight. I havn't weighed it, though. And the steel braid ghetto-ness was meant to be temporary but I've been too lazy to fix it so far.

http://www.thordic.com/images/rogueneck1.jpg

GT
12-01-2004, 02:41 PM
My gun is one of the lightest mags I've used. I built it specifically to be lightweight. I havn't weighed it, though. And the steel braid ghetto-ness was meant to be temporary but I've been too lazy to fix it so far.

where do you find the asa plugs?

TMAXXKING1
12-01-2004, 02:49 PM

take one off an old remote tank line ... you have to look to find a nice one .. but they are out there .....

slade
12-01-2004, 03:07 PM
ND Freestyle
Bullet-ASA
Sidewinder
CCM Neck
Empire Reloader-B
.692 16" Ultralite
45/4500 LP Crossfire

Oh so light :D

Haven't weighed mine yet... :D
:confused: ?!

damn dude, ive been trying to keep track of the marker you currently have, but youre just a gun whore! anyway, freestyles are really light, i shot one at AONEVII, and now i want one :D but i think ill wait to get a destructive customs one. i currently have a mag (setup in sig) and it is really light, but its actually heavier than the electro piranha i had. the weight of the marker never really matters to me, so ive never bothered to weigh it. im fine with it unless it is outragously heavy.

Magaman
12-01-2004, 03:17 PM
My marker weighs just under 8lbs with air, batteries and no paint. I wish there was some way to lighten it. But I really can't think of any. Besides possibly going with a lighter air system. (dynaflow now) .

Anyone want to weight their complete setup, ready to rock with no paint? I want to see just how heavy I am.

Unless I missed it somewhere, you should get your Rail Milled Out... :bounce:

slade
12-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Unless I missed it somewhere, you should get your Rail Milled Out... :bounce:
its a roguerail.

trains are bad
12-01-2004, 03:42 PM
yeah, there's no way I'm losing the warp, I think I'm gonna take it apart and drill the gears and stuff full of holes and skeletonize it, like that one guy that did that to a halo.

I'm also going to try wiring the richochet motor directly parallel with the warp motor, so it spins with the warp motor, and I can lose 1 9 volt and the circuit board. Any problems there? I can also make a lighter warp bracket.

Still, we're only talking a couple ounces.

Glickman
12-01-2004, 03:46 PM
yeah, there's no way I'm losing the warp, I think I'm gonna take it apart and drill the gears and stuff full of holes and skeletonize it, like that one guy that did that to a halo.

I'm also going to try wiring the richochet motor directly parallel with the warp motor, so it spins with the warp motor, and I can lose 1 9 volt and the circuit board. Any problems there? I can also make a lighter warp bracket.

Still, we're only talking a couple ounces.

your also risking the resale, and functionality of it. Its like cars, you can only drill do many holes, until something goes up in flames

trains are bad
12-01-2004, 03:47 PM
resale went out the window a long time ago.

Athius
12-01-2004, 04:34 PM
My setup:

Proto Mratrix
Proto Barrel
CP unimont w/ on/off
crossfire 45/4500
rikochet apache

I think everything weight between 4 to 5 pounds but im not sure but i know that it is much more lighter than my bushy.

Glickman
12-01-2004, 06:49 PM
My setup:

Proto Mratrix
Proto Barrel
CP unimont w/ on/off
crossfire 45/4500
rikochet apache

I think everything weight between 4 to 5 pounds but im not sure but i know that it is much more lighter than my bushy.

all of that would probably weigh a little over 5 pounds. my shocker w/everything is 4.8 and the proto is only a little heavier then the 03 shocker.

how do you think it compares to a dm4? ive only held them, never shot one, and ive been very interested in them :D

-=Squid=-
12-01-2004, 07:32 PM
I've got one you can have if you want it. PM me.

- Goro

Athius
12-01-2004, 07:50 PM
all of that would probably weigh a little over 5 pounds. my shocker w/everything is 4.8 and the proto is only a little heavier then the 03 shocker.

how do you think it compares to a dm4? ive only held them, never shot one, and ive been very interested in them :D

It has the same feel and it basically shoots like a DM4. Ill take my proto over a DM4/5 any day.

Basically is a DM4/5 but with a diferent board and with a better on/off botton.

It worth the money i bought it on the world cup and i really like it.

I have a unused black one for sale if u are interested send me a PM

Pacifist_Farmer
12-01-2004, 08:47 PM
no sort of solution, but more like sympathy...

my RT weighs just under 15 pounds fully loaded, my secret is the two 100 round pods strapped to the warp

I thought it would make my arm all beefy, instead I just get tired quicker :(

Rift
12-01-2004, 08:53 PM
My Setup:

Dallara Body (ULE Milled Rail) with CCM feedneck
E-mag Battery Pack as Front grip
Freak Barrel
AGD Flatline 4500
Halo B

weights in at 7 pounds with no paint i could probably loose some weight by ditching the battery pack drop and doing the 9volt mod on the halo but it wouldnt make a huge diff.

slade
12-01-2004, 09:03 PM
no sort of solution, but more like sympathy...

my RT weighs just under 15 pounds fully loaded, my secret is the two 100 round pods strapped to the warp

I thought it would make my arm all beefy, instead I just get tired quicker :(
try lifting weights ;)

Pacifist_Farmer
12-01-2004, 09:22 PM
how about a mouse

I figure that weighs...what....4 oz.'s

so 8 hours of CAD a day, plus 2 or 3 hours a night

i figure thats like doing 50 or 60 reps of maybe 20 pounds

;)

(what do you think of my vague and unfounded math?)

Now if I can only figure out how to do that with my feet....