PDA

View Full Version : Mag firing rates?

DC Nelson
11-05-2001, 11:25 PM
What is the highest, consistent balls per sec, for the standard mag valve and the retro valve???

In short, im wondering what the regulator drop off rate is for the standard mag, and how much better is the retro?

Thanks
DC

Drizit
11-06-2001, 12:19 AM
the stock valve is about 10bps before you start to see any shootdown and you can push it past that without too many issues.

as to the retro it will hit 42bps... err.. i mean 26pbs but in may as well be 42 because you will never pull the trigger THAT fast.

and by the way how's the food at Milliways?

DC Nelson
11-06-2001, 12:40 AM
...im using the valve for a project.

It will be activated by an electronically powered, cam style setup.
So, the trigger is not actually going to be engaged by human trigger pulls (only limit is the speed of the mechanics).
I can usually find everything i need on the internet and posted already, or from my brother (cardinal biggles), but couldnt find this anywhere.

Assuming there is an air source with no dropoff, would a standard valve be able to maintain 15-17 shots per sec range, for 15+ seconds straight?

thanks for any help!
DC

Drizit
11-06-2001, 10:50 AM
if it's stock then you will probably see some drop off but it should still cycle. one way to help is to remove the reg seat and reg pin, then replace the regulation with a faster recharging reg. also if you don't plan to point it at anyone and you don't mind being really hard on your bold and sear, put the pressure at about 700psi, however don't point it at anyone the stock valve is supposed to put about 400 - 450psi behind the ball, you will be almost doubling that, unless you do regulate your air source down to that level, I used to run my mag like that with a maxflow and I never found anyone who could shoot it down.