PDA

View Full Version : What would YOU do?

Will Wood
11-30-2004, 11:37 PM
Just ordered some delivery...
Came out two 9.03 .. I gave him a 20, and asked for 10 back.
He handed back two tens. Well I'm a dink and took both and didn't say anything. I noticed he handed back two, but he obviously didn't.

Echo419
11-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Well, first impulse would be yah man keep that shiz... but of course now your like... man, he just lost 10 dollars that he had to drive here to earn... :( ... im like that too, but i'll be honest most the time... cuz i'll do alot of mean and illegal stuff but not Stealing

TDonovan
11-30-2004, 11:52 PM
If I noticed that he gave me too much money right away I'd give it back to him. I'd HOPE he'd do the same for me, but I don't have much faith in most people.

HoppysMag
11-30-2004, 11:56 PM
id give it back to him cause its gunna cost him that money. iv been other places where i get extra money and just kinda walked. but those are normaly at a larger thing. like a fast food restuarant. cause no one expects the registers to come out exact. they screw up and it doesn effect an individual employe then i dont care.

red robot
12-01-2004, 12:01 AM
I don't think that delivery guy is going to learn his lesson if you give him back that money. Let him feel like an idiot, pay a few bucks for his mistake, and learn from it.

Or you could call him back and offer him a chance to retrieve his 10 bucks, the catch being that he must climb through a system of jungle-jims, dive through a slip 'n slide, and finally wrestle a goat to the ground so that he can pull off the $10 that is taped to it's back.

Just a thought.

HoppysMag
12-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Or you could call him back and offer him a chance to retrieve his 10 bucks, the catch being that he must climb through a system of jungle-jims, dive through a slip 'n slide, and finally wrestle a goat to the ground so that he can pull off the $10 that is taped to it's back.

Just a thought.

its like an episode of Double Dare on nickolodean

-=Squid=-
12-01-2004, 12:07 AM
I woulda gave it back because im not a dick. I like it when people don't think I suck.

- Goro

Glickman
12-01-2004, 12:26 AM
i make a "living" off tips, so i know how little stuff like that counts. thats why i tip dominos guys around %40

i like believing in karma, just to rationalize things that make no sense in reality :D

Will Wood
12-01-2004, 12:32 AM
I almost always tip 3-5 bucks, minimum. And that price was included with with my meal which was only 6 dollars.

SCpoloRicker
12-01-2004, 12:50 AM
This Thread Is Worthless Without PIcs

I mean, really.
Just ordered some delivery...
Came out two 9.03 .. I gave him a 20, and asked for 10 back.
He handed back two tens. Well I'm a dink and took both and didn't say anything. I noticed he handed back two, but he obviously didn't.

Could it be more pics or shenanigins?

Are we discussing tipping? Haven't you seen Resevoir Dogs?

- Kintaro *flourish*

WicKeD_WaYz
12-01-2004, 01:37 AM
if it only took away from the company...especially a big company...ide keep it without thinking twice.

if it took away from a broke *** delivery guy, ide probly give it back to him.

unless of course he was being a jerk then he'd be out 10 dollars.

White_Noise
12-01-2004, 03:04 AM
^^^^what he said

RevBrown
12-01-2004, 04:00 AM
Give it back. It's only ten bucks to you but it could be that guy's job.
There are enough people in this world trying to be dicks to us working stiffs. Gotta stick together.

-=Squid=-
12-01-2004, 08:45 AM

I mean, really.

- Kintaro *flourish*
Wtf? Goro will always be infinitely superior to Kintaro. Gimme a break, he wore a freaking wrestlers mask.

- Goro

RamboPreacher
12-01-2004, 10:40 AM
do the right thing, duh. I am no thief. :D

Will Wood
12-01-2004, 11:43 AM
if it only took away from the company...especially a big company...ide keep it without thinking twice.

if it took away from a broke *** delivery guy, ide probly give it back to him.

unless of course he was being a jerk then he'd be out 10 dollars.

rofl, actually now that you mention...
He did try to stiff me out 7 bucks one time. It was kind of the same deal. Total was 10 dollars. I said 3 dollar tip. He gave me three back! 7 dollar tip for a 10 dollar meal, I'm not THAT crazy.

skife
12-01-2004, 11:52 AM
rofl, actually now that you mention...
He did try to stiff me out 7 bucks one time. It was kind of the same deal. Total was 10 dollars. I said 3 dollar tip. He gave me three back! 7 dollar tip for a 10 dollar meal, I'm not THAT crazy.

you should have let him keep it, it woud have made his night.

try living on a pizza guy's income once.
5.15 an hour plus tips and a doller per delivery.

its barley enough to cover gas and repairs, let alone insurance.

i always tip at least 30% to the pizza guy.

just remember, Pizza guy's remember your address if you tip good and will fight over delivering to you.

If you never tip and live way out in the middle of no where.
e.g.

rodeny king at 11155 Craford lake trails.
who has 4 new cars in his drive way, a nice house, and live out in the boondocks.

MadChild
12-01-2004, 12:58 PM
go buy some heroin ;)

Chris42050
12-01-2004, 01:33 PM
I think it would depend on how broke I am at the time. If thats my last 20 im gettin a free meal. If I got more money in my wallet then he can get his $10 back.

Will Wood
12-01-2004, 01:36 PM

I make their night all the time with my tips. I mean really, this one guy was looking like crap when he came in, and after I said keep three for a tip, he was like "Wow thanks!" The only reason I do it is because I know pretty much everyone else is NOT tipping. I'm nice.. I give good tips. But I'll take advantage of the situation if I can.

Timmee
12-01-2004, 05:47 PM
That's why, if all you have is a $20, make sure your bill (before tip) comes to about $13-$14. The rest is for the delivery guy. They usually say, "It'll be about 45 minutes to an hour", but the delivery guy is knocking on my door most times about 30 minutes later (being early with pizza is very good in my book). :D

WickeDKlowN
12-01-2004, 07:42 PM
It depends on how the guy acted. If he seemed like a nice guy, I'd give the extra $10 back but if he was a dick, screw him, free pizza for me(or whatever you ordered).

Mango
12-01-2004, 07:46 PM
I would have given the money back but now that he's obviously gone who cares.

xballfan780
12-01-2004, 07:47 PM
if your broke , keep it
If not then tell him

Wheelman
12-02-2004, 08:33 AM
Order something else, if its the same guy give him the 10 bucks back and tell him it's his tip...everybody wins :clap:

trains are bad
12-02-2004, 11:08 AM
I deliver pizza.

just remember, Pizza guy's remember your address if you tip good and will fight over delivering to you.

this is true, and high tipping customers get thier pizza first regardless of geograpical location. You ARE being profiled on how you tip.

Tip the pizza guy 10% MINIMUM or you are being an ***. Gas is 1.87 a gallon. If you can't afford to tip the pizza guy 10%+ I suggest you march down to the pizza place and get it yourself. I can think of better ways to spend money on a friday night than burn up my tires and brakes to deliver pizza to ungrateful people.

As for the ten, I'd probably keep it it was his mistake. You could give it back to him if you see him again. It's up to you.

RamboPreacher
12-02-2004, 01:41 PM
I deliver pizza.

this is true, and high tipping customers get thier pizza first regardless of geograpical location. You ARE being profiled on how you tip.

Tip the pizza guy 10% MINIMUM or you are being an ***. Gas is 1.87 a gallon. If you can't afford to tip the pizza guy 10%+ I suggest you march down to the pizza place and get it yourself. I can think of better ways to spend money on a friday night than burn up my tires and brakes to deliver pizza to ungrateful people.

As for the ten, I'd probably keep it it was his mistake. You could give it back to him if you see him again. It's up to you.tip? wait a minute, you mean pizza deliver people get less than minimum wage, like waiter's waitresses do? I don't think so.

The ONLY reason I tip is because that is (unfortunately) the way the industry works. I would much prefer the servers get paid a regular salary. It's not like they are used car salesmen, adn they dont' get a percentage of the sale. that is how it works though in restaraunts.

I do not think that's how it works with pizza delivery. you get a paycheck, that is hourly, right? and you get your wage that is at least minimum wage, right? then you do not deserve a tip, you are doing your job and getting paid for it.

If you think you do deserve a tip, then I should get a tip from everyone on the network that I suport, because they are being served the information and connectivity that is part of my job to ensure is there.

That, however, is based on teh pizza delivery places that I use. your's may not pay you a real salary, that is a different story.

Chris42050
12-02-2004, 07:44 PM
I think pizza guys deserve a tip only cuz they are using thier own vehicles to deliver the pizza's. Between Gas and everything that brakes on a car they deserve a couple of bucks.

Kevmaster
12-02-2004, 07:58 PM
I had always assumed they worked almost entirely for tips. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm always a 20%+ tipper with pizzas and 15-20 going out to eat.

PyRo
12-02-2004, 09:20 PM

I mean, really.

- Kintaro *flourish*

Wait, you were only going to tip the guy a dollar to begin with? Then you screwed him out of $9? jerk.

PyRo
12-02-2004, 09:24 PM

try living on a pizza guy's income once.
5.15 an hour plus tips and a doller per delivery.

its barley enough to cover gas and repairs, let alone insurance.

i always tip at least 30% to the pizza guy.

If you never tip and live way out in the middle of no where.
e.g.

rodeny king at 11155 Craford lake trails.
who has 4 new cars in his drive way, a nice house, and live out in the boondocks.

Everyone hates delivering to my house because my sister is a cheap bastard, she will pay $20 in coins to the delivery guy, be a jerk to him (not answering the door, pretending not to notice him, etc) and not tip him. One time she took $10 worth of coins out of my room to pay for Chinese food, those $10 of coins were my grandfathers and had a value closer to $400

WicKeD_WaYz
12-02-2004, 09:26 PM
I deliver pizza.
Gas is 1.87 a gallon.

haha consider yourself lucky. Mine is about 2.25 at the moment.

Hasnt been under 2 dollars in a couple years now.

HoppysMag
12-02-2004, 09:31 PM
Everyone hates delivering to my house because my sister is a cheap bastard, she will pay $20 in coins to the delivery guy, be a jerk to him (not answering the door, pretending not to notice him, etc) and not tip him. One time she took $10 worth of coins out of my room to pay for Chinese food, those $10 of coins were my grandfathers and had a value closer to $400

i hope you killed her in her sleep.

RiddalinJunkie08
12-02-2004, 09:42 PM
like a fast food restuarant. cause no one expects the registers to come out exact. they screw up and it doesn effect an individual employe then i dont care.
I don't work in fast food, but I am a cashier at a restaurant. If we screw up more than $2 either way, we get in trouble. They run a close drawer report on every cashier before they leave.
-Mark

fcpchop
12-02-2004, 09:53 PM
a few years back i probably would of tooken it, but now that i work a register at a resturaunt i wouldn't. ive made that mistake before, more than once, and thankfully they gave me back the money. it restored alot of faith in humanity for me

PyRo
12-02-2004, 11:57 PM
I don't work in fast food, but I am a cashier at a restaurant. If we screw up more than $2 either way, we get in trouble. They run a close drawer report on every cashier before they leave.
-Mark
I worked at a gas station and they didn't count anything. I accidentally took home $36 that I carried in my pocket for change a couple times and they never noticed. I gave it back a couple days later the next time I came in but still I could have gotten away with it.

PyRo
12-02-2004, 11:58 PM
a few years back i probably would of tooken it, but now that i work a register at a resturaunt i wouldn't. ive made that mistake before, more than once, and thankfully they gave me back the money. it restored alot of faith in humanity for me
You mean taken?
Tooken is a word?
It's either "took" or "taken", pick one. Sorry, felt like being a jerk :)

HoppysMag
12-03-2004, 12:31 AM
-Mark

i worked at dunkin donuts, andthough iv never had a draw short ( iv actualy been over)

they wont report anything under like 20$ short.

some one stoll the cash bag one day. luckely it was night shift so there was only like 300$ in it.

RiddalinJunkie08
12-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Wow! Thats the most quotes I've ever gotten in one thread. :eek: :wow: :dance: :dance: :dance:
-Mark

RingOfScale
12-04-2004, 02:51 AM
yeah dude u should have given it back <> i would feel sooo guilty, only people i steal from are my parents

AGDlover
12-04-2004, 03:36 AM
Just let him know the next time he comes just so he knows and he was probly havein a bad day and had a brain fart or somethan so just corect him and dont be a dick about it.

White_Noise
12-04-2004, 04:49 AM
visions of Reservoir Dogs coem to mind with all this talk about tipping....

gimp
12-04-2004, 10:45 AM
I never tip well. If they show up really really quick I'll give a decent tip, but usually I just give a buck or two. It depends on the delivery guy too, if its some punk kid I'd take the 10 bucks, but if it's some guy that looks like he has real bills to pay and maybe some family to support then I'd tip better.

PyRo
12-04-2004, 10:43 PM
yeah dude u should have given it back <> i would feel sooo guilty, only people i steal from are my parents
Stealing from parents = not cool

HoppysMag
12-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Stealing from parents = not cool

family guy quote!

chris - i took 20 dollars from megs room
meg- i stole 20$ from moms purse
lois- iv been making counterfiet twentys for years :p

or something like that

fuzzynutzipper
12-05-2004, 03:30 AM
i'd give it back... only reason is that i know how much it sucks to screw up. Once... i actually had to give back the people too much change... it was the last delivery of like... 5 and the other ones took all my change and i didn't realize it. They ended up paying $10 for like a $10.50 meal. oh well.... and this one time i ripped some old lady off for $5 on accident. She did her math wrong and gave me a $6 tip instead of the $1 she wanted to. I didn't even notice until later that night. Trust me... after a long night of work and delivering... without a cash register in front of us we don't want to think.

RingOfScale
12-05-2004, 07:32 PM
i dun actually steal from parents, dont hate me <>