PDA

View Full Version : Fireblade for mechs?

trains are bad
12-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Does anyone make a pure blade trigger for mech mags? I don't like the littel crescent on the bottom of mag triggers.

Chronobreak
12-01-2004, 12:39 PM
no....you could shave it off though :p

trains are bad
12-01-2004, 12:50 PM
You can't shave off material that isn't there. I could use jb weld but that would look terrible.

Chronobreak
12-01-2004, 12:52 PM
oh....i thought you were reffering to the lip at the bottom of the trigger...

slade
12-01-2004, 03:09 PM
i dont really like that either, but i took a file to it when i took my trigger out to put in a trigger stop. now its more curved, and shiney too!

RRfireblade
12-01-2004, 09:48 PM
I can do one for you.

trains are bad
12-01-2004, 10:24 PM
It'd probably cost more than I'm willing to pay though.

Wc Keep
12-02-2004, 10:19 AM
that little dip into the trigger is there for a reason. those that learn to use it learn to shoot really fast....like me.

if you ever see me at a field look at my hand on the benchy.

trains are bad
12-02-2004, 10:51 AM
it hinders walkability though. Would a fireblade trigger fit a mech mag?

Wc Keep
12-02-2004, 11:07 AM
dont try to walk itll be faster if you just shoot regularly.

trains are bad
12-02-2004, 11:09 AM
um, no. Not even close. My marker is not mechanical, it just has a ygrip, which takes mechanical triggers.

RRfireblade
12-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Kinda like this......

Wc Keep
12-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Kinda like this......

were those ever released?????? cause i wanted a medusa for so long yet never seen them in any online shops.

RRfireblade
12-02-2004, 10:57 PM
The Medusa was kinda released but never really went into production. There are few out in the public,here and there.I may have few available after the New year, if anyones interested.

The pictured frame however is not a Medusa (Light BTW, Mag version) , just a semi custom Benchmark with a one off trigger.Definately NOT long and sloppy. :)

This was one of my Medusa Framed Micromags, also with another one off Blade trigger.........
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72001&stc=1

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72002&stc=1

If you look closely you can see they are set up stock with trigger stops.

Wc Keep
12-02-2004, 11:01 PM
BACK OFF THE LONG AND SLOPPY!!!!!!!

i guess you never saw my old sig for benchy owners group. it said long and sloppy the way we like it.

RRfireblade
12-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Uhm........yeah, that's way I said that. :D

personman
12-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Fireblade, just to let you know, if you made a small run of those mech triggers I would most likely take one in black ;)
I screwed up my trigger with a dremel.. its all sloppy now.. don't ask, it was a stupid mistake, but if you made some of those triggers and a the price was right, I'd probably take one ;) Assuming they fit in a y grip.
I'm too lazy to buy another AGD trigger and get it annoed black again.

I'm curious as to why the medusa was never released and/or advertised? It looked pretty promising.

trains are bad
12-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Yeah dude, we're up to 2. What would it cost for a mech fireblade?

CoolHand
12-02-2004, 11:07 PM
I have been considering a replacement trigger for the I/Y frames.

What do you guys think (that's a collect AO type "you guys")?

What would the upper limit that you'd pay for one? (so I can tell if its worth doing or not :argh: )

If this gets enough interest, I don't see why we couldn't make them a part of our growing product line.

Have at it guys, let the feedback flow! :headbang:

RRfireblade
12-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Send me your Y frame (since I don't have on handy) and I'll do something special for you,that goes for you too Trains.

The deal is, I'm not really set up for production Believe it or not, we have over 1/2 a million $$ in CNC machines at our production facility running 2 shifts and it's so backed up I'm lucky if I could get 5 mins of machine time in there a month. Everything ,pretty much, that you see from me is done on manual machines and one at a time.The first ever 'Fireblade' was made in my garage with nothing more than hand tools.

Trust me if I had direct access to those machines it might be called J-AGD. by now. :D

Anyway, that's also one of the reasons for alot of stuff doesn't make it into production. When you can't keep up with product that's selling off the hook,it's hard to justify machine time for items ,let's just say, are less than "In Fashion". Only so much you can do in a day.

RRfireblade
12-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Or..........

What Ryan said right before me. :D

CoolHand
12-02-2004, 11:22 PM
Or..........

What Ryan said right before me. :D

:rofl: I gots the fast fingers.

Your CCM will go out tomorrow.

BTW, any word on that thing I asked about that one time? :ninja:

If you're in need of production capacity, I got your back. Just give me a ring.

Can't let too many of those ideas you get not go into production. :hail:

RRfireblade
12-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Tell me about it.

As for thet other, there are "things" in process, so I'm told ( I can give you details in private), that have to be finalize before "other" things can be considered. It's been going on now for a couple months so it should only be like another.....what 10 years? :D IDK.

The general consensus is that there will be definate possiblilties available for 'certian' people.

Jay.

trains are bad
12-02-2004, 11:54 PM
I'd take you up on the offer if I had a spare trigger, but my yframe in particular is a little too valuable to send off. I shall try to work with the stock trigger given the tools I have. Do you think I could flatten the stock trigger out without it breaking, maybe if I heated it with a torch?

RRfireblade
12-03-2004, 09:11 AM
I doubt you'll get it to bend that much with out breaking or getting badly mis-shaped.

chairman_mao
12-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Along the same lines could a Fireblade be made to or will it fit a logic v1 frame?

CoolHand
12-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Along the same lines could a Fireblade be made to or will it fit a logic v1 frame?

I can make a V1.1 trigger fit in a V1.0 frame.

You won't get a safety, but you will get the stylish new trigger.

A FireBlade Might fit, but it would cost you more to buy one to try than to have me put one of the V1.1 triggers in it.

However, (there's always a however) I will need you to send in your frame for me to do the machine work to make the new trigger fit.

If that's OK with you, its OK with me.

Later