PDA

View Full Version : long nose bolt?

scribe
11-06-2001, 12:48 AM
hello. um...how new is this long nose bolt? how do i know if i have one or not? when did it come out? how is it better?

Xzion
11-06-2001, 12:27 PM
I believe the Long nose bolt came out around the beginning of 2001, Ive included a pic of the three bolts below.

Long Nose Bolt | Standard Bolt | Foamy Bolt

Dave
11-06-2001, 05:25 PM
Hmmm, I would also like to know the difference in performance between the long nose and the others. I have a foamy.

The cool thing is, if I can't find out about it, I can ask Rob when I next go to Pev's! All right!! Then I can tell others what I found out.

-Dave

scribe
11-06-2001, 06:57 PM
ok, i definitely have the middle one. so who here actually has a long nose bolt? if you do and you've upgraded from the middle one, please tell me if it's better and how/why it is better.

oh, one more thing, how much does that cost?

MAGS own YOU
11-06-2001, 08:29 PM
ive used the long nose, foamie, and an aftermarket venturi style with foamie. The long nose bolt is fine, but I prefer the foamie. I got less breaks in the gun and its easy to replace(the foamie) The veturi style is the best though, its 29.99 at www.xpaintball.com (my opinion)

Xzion
11-06-2001, 09:23 PM
I use to use the center standard bolt, when I got my ReTro Valve, it came with a long nose bolt, it seems to work fine, just as good as the old one. I dont notice any effect on reduced blowback because I use a Warp Feed, I didnt get blowback with either bolt for obvious reasons, otherwise, they work both the same from my experiences. If you dont have a warp, and have troubles with blowback, a long nose bolt may fix your problem. As for the Venturi Bolt (presuming you mean the ANS one) From what I understand, they have a tendancy to wear much faster than stock bolts. If im not mistaken, AGD makes a Long Nose foamy bolt as well.

Manuel_FZR
11-07-2001, 02:32 AM
I have the "normal" HardNose. I´m verry pleased with this bolt. No ballbreaks (I think, ballbreaks are a matter of paint/barrel), and because of a PF no problems with blowback ;) ... and the other thing: it´s verry cheap now, that the long neck has appeared. ;)
A teammate has the longneck; this one I played a day, and I have noticed no difference. I also think, the original AGD bolts are best!