PDA

View Full Version : Worr/PMI Autotrracer Kit?

JoshK
12-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Hey...does anyone have any info on the WGP AutoTrracer kit that converts Trracers into pnuematic operated auto cocking marker? I would appreciate reviews, pictures, and basically any information you can provide. Also if you have info/pictures on the kit pmi made also!

Thank you ahead of time!

Josh

Eric Cartman
12-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Wow. That's a blast from the past. I can't speak about the first one, but for a very short period of time about 10 or 13 years ago I owned a Chameleon Kit which was the PMI version. I'm no master machinist / airsmith, but I'm not exactly a maladroit either and I just couldn't get the thing to work properly. I always needed to pull the trigger twice, once to cycle the bolt, and once to fire the marker. Clearly the timing was way out of whack. After trying for about a week, I shipped it back to PMI and bought a VM68 instead.

Watch for pop ups, but this link may be helpful

http://members.tripod.com/~Mr_Tail/autotrracer.html

My brother's got a couple of trracers, I wouldn't mind taking a stab at this again just for kicks.

FSU_Paintball
12-02-2004, 01:35 PM
I read up a bit awhile ago... I think they were somewhat complicated and difficult to keep working properly. "*****y" is the word I'm searching for.

shadowspar
12-02-2004, 01:53 PM
There's another page somewhere out there where someone posted a few brief videos of their AutoTrracer in action, but I can't seem to find it now. The one thing I do remember quite clearly -- those things were *damn* loud!

Eric Cartman
12-03-2004, 12:08 PM
The one thing I do remember quite clearly -- those things were *damn* loud!

I'd forgotten that, but it's true, those things sounded like cannons!

FSU_Paintball
12-03-2004, 12:31 PM
I think that's because of the stock barrels... I had a Maverick Deluxe. Man, that thing was a boomstick.

11_Mile_TMaster
12-03-2004, 12:59 PM
Yeah... I happened to get my Trracer with a spiral ported barrel, and the thing is reasonable. Don't get me wrong, it's not quiet, but it's not as loud as I'd expect it to be.
...Just need to get a J&J for it... :)

nerobro
12-03-2004, 02:05 PM
I have a pair ofthe kits. The hot ticket is to hold the trigger down, and just push the cocking button, so hte gun runs as an autotriggered nelson. Justlike a rainmaker. They work pretty well once you get around the quirks.

11_Mile_TMaster
12-03-2004, 02:36 PM
I have a pair ofthe kits. The hot ticket is to hold the trigger down, and just push the cocking button, so hte gun runs as an autotriggered nelson. Justlike a rainmaker. They work pretty well once you get around the quirks.

Mmmm. Rainmaker. Nothing like telling everyone on the 80 acres of hell survivors where you are by pulling the trigger.

Muzikman
12-03-2004, 02:54 PM
I got two of the PMI kits. One still new in the box, the other on a Trracer. They actually work pretty well, but you do have to understand how the system works to get it setup right. It's not fast, but it is interesting.

To be honest. I have seen the WGP kit available in magazines for years in the early/mid 90's but I can't say I ever saw one in person.