PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever seen GWAR?

WickeDKlowN
12-01-2004, 08:22 PM
I wanna go see Gwar here in a couple weeks, but the only person that could take me is my sister and her boyfriend. Now she's not usually into metal but she really liked MRH and Dope when we went to see them. Mainly what I'm worried about is if she takes me to gwar, is she gonna be scarred for life or anything? lol, I know it sounds stupid but with all the fake blood and guts and ****, it might just be a little much.

I know it's kind of dumb question but how wild do they really get on stage? I knwo their stage show is what they're really known for and their music is pretty crazy so I can only imagine. Just figured I'd get an oppinion from somebody who's actually ben to a show.

I'm not worried about her getting mauled in the pit or anything cause they could just sit at the bar or go upstairs and chill on one fo the couches or something.

-=Squid=-
12-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Most of the intensity at a Gwar show is kept on stage, I would say. The rest isn't too much different than any other concert like that.

- Goro

i_baked_cookies
12-01-2004, 10:48 PM
lol... doesnt GWAR stand for God What an Awful Racket?

-=Squid=-
12-01-2004, 10:50 PM
lol... doesnt GWAR stand for God What an Awful Racket?
I've heard that, also heard Gay Women Against Rape.

- Goro

quik
12-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Just tell her to look out for the 'bows.

misfit
12-02-2004, 03:53 PM
i would highly recomend it, ive seen gwar the last 5 times ive been anywhere near a show. you cant get more value for you dollar entertainment wise. i your sister likes paris hilton, lacy peaterson, arnold, bush, regan & osoma, i would recomend finding other people to go with.
PS wear a white shirt

Thordic
12-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Green Jelly > GWAR.

I don't care who came first. Green Jelly's songs are so much more entertaining.

logamus
12-02-2004, 04:22 PM
green jelly was better when they were green jello.

evildead420
12-02-2004, 04:25 PM
just missed them :cry: next time, they always come to the bayarea

Thordic
12-02-2004, 04:34 PM
green jelly was better when they were green jello.

Shut up and obey the cow god.